Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taiga

PostSubject: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Hey guys,
here are the promised Strength Training Methods.
I hope you like them.

Method #1: Greasing the Groove to Gain Strength
Greasing the Groove to Gain Strength.pdf

Method #2: Static Holds to Gain Strength
Static Holds to Gain Strength.pdf

Tomorrow I will probably write something about losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. But that's only if I got the time to do that.
You know I'm not a professor or whatever but I have used those methods myself and with my friends and they WORKED, so excuse me for not using scientific terms. geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Experimenter

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:11 pm

I thought GTG was testing, and then taking half the amount of your tested value, and then doing that number every hour, or half hour, throughout the day; making sure that half of your rep max equates to no more than 5 reps, which would be half your 10 rep max. Reason being, that using an intensity you could use for more than 10 reps, would start working more endurance, and less brute strength.

I honestly don't know all the details about GTG; I never read much of Pavel's books. I remember reading parts of the Power to the People workout, but never his detailed version of GTG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:19 am

Great tutorial, if you want me to help you with some grammar, speak to me on msn Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Taiga

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:58 am

Experimenter wrote:
I thought GTG was testing, and then taking half the amount of your tested value, and then doing that number every hour, or half hour, throughout the day; making sure that half of your rep max equates to no more than 5 reps, which would be half your 10 rep max. Reason being, that using an intensity you could use for more than 10 reps, would start working more endurance, and less brute strength.

I honestly don't know all the details about GTG; I never read much of Pavel's books. I remember reading parts of the Power to the People workout, but never his detailed version of GTG.

If you look in the .pdf you will see that I wrote to never exceed 5 reps.
There are many ways to choose exercises. You can use ones you can do 10 reps with and just do 5 reps or you can use ones you can do 5-6 reps with and do 3 reps. In the end it depends on you and your choice.
I prefer using the 5-6 reps and do 3 reps because the higher tension will result in more strength gain even though it can also mean that you have to decrease the frequency in order to avoid fatigue.

@Daniel: Thanks for the offer, if I need help I'll ask you Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voojitsu

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

This is good stuff. GTG definitely works.

Started GTG method for Handstand pushup (against wall) and pistol. Pistol will take a while but handstand pushup I feel won't take me that long. Using a couple stacked books to lower my head to then press back up, gonna lower the stack each workout til' I'm doing full range. Doing similar method with pistols using boxes etc.

Thanks for the tutorial!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SituS

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 pm

good methods. will use it in future. I think you can do this 2 methods as one. Doing static holds every hour ;D what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.parkour.zachpomor.pl
Taiga

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm

SituS wrote:
good methods. will use it in future. I think you can do this 2 methods as one. Doing static holds every hour ;D what do you think?

That will obviously work too Wink
Its just an exercise (in this case a static hold) you use with the GTG protocol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xhero

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:30 am

I'm training by GTG method on the one arm push-ups and I say it's great. I recomend it for everyone, who wants to gain some strength.

Sorry for my bad english.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MegDanny

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 pm

hey i dont really understand the concept of GTG.. i need to do it 3 reps per hour? so like the whole day i need to focus on doing GTG?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/megatdanial
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:47 am

HolyMeg wrote:
hey i dont really understand the concept of GTG.. i need to do it 3 reps per hour? so like the whole day i need to focus on doing GTG?

yup
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
MegDanny

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:13 pm

zeMrCEO wrote:
HolyMeg wrote:

yup

owh damn.. i dont have time to do GTG.. haha
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 am

You don't have to do it for the entire day, you could just do say 6 hours in the evening, same with the time between sets, You could do 1 set every 30 mins.

The idea is to repeat the exercise over and over again. Lots of small sets with LOTS of rest in between. The idea isn't to train really hard but to get your body (CNS) used to the movements so it doesn't have to think about them as much.

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:42 am

I would do GTG at about 50% max of whatever exercise your doing so if you could do 60 dips sets of 25-30 reps every 10-15 mins. shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MegDanny

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 pm

ironloo wrote:
I would do GTG at about 50% max of whatever exercise your doing so if you could do 60 dips sets of 25-30 reps every 10-15 mins. shouldn't be a problem.

hmm not bad.. well thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
MegDanny

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

Tim wrote:
You don't have to do it for the entire day, you could just do say 6 hours in the evening, same with the time between sets, You could do 1 set every 30 mins.

The idea is to repeat the exercise over and over again. Lots of small sets with LOTS of rest in between. The idea isn't to train really hard but to get your body (CNS) used to the movements so it doesn't have to think about them as much.

Tim

6 hours? i think i can only do 3 hours XD
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:28 am

Remember you aren't taking much time out of the 6 hours Wink

Though depending what you are trying to achieve with it (learn/reinforce a new move, or gain strength/reps) then 3 hours can be quite good.

For example if you are struggling with handstand pushups and can only do 1 against a wall. Then doing 1 every 15 mins for 3 hours will help Smile

For that matter, the fact that you are just doing a workout will help Wink

I tend to do this type of training if I have a free day at home, (or if I'm exam marking, since I do that at home for a few days). So not really that often, and so far i've only used it to build handstands/HSPU etc. It really does help though Smile But don't worry if you can't do it very often, there are many other training methods Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MegDanny

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Tim wrote:
Remember you aren't taking much time out of the 6 hours Wink

Though depending what you are trying to achieve with it (learn/reinforce a new move, or gain strength/reps) then 3 hours can be quite good.

For example if you are struggling with handstand pushups and can only do 1 against a wall. Then doing 1 every 15 mins for 3 hours will help Smile

For that matter, the fact that you are just doing a workout will help Wink

I tend to do this type of training if I have a free day at home, (or if I'm exam marking, since I do that at home for a few days). So not really that often, and so far i've only used it to build handstands/HSPU etc. It really does help though Smile But don't worry if you can't do it very often, there are many other training methods Smile

thank you for explaining! appreciate it a lot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Naglis

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi all , maybe someone can post this routine again , because i can't download.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poa

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:42 am

I would very much like to read them to! If anyone has them please let me know!

Naglis wrote:
Hi all , maybe someone can post this routine again , because i can't download.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob999

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Here's a GTG link
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength   

Back to top Go down

Two Trainings Methods to Gain Strength
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1