Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Planche tutorial

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yurchik

PostSubject: Planche tutorial   Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:08 pm

some video tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqdcUwTcH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbLSgWMJec
and there is a book rapidshare.com 8A3D7F.rar
very good plance tutorial is on 66 page

my progress))
12 august of this year i tried my first "planche". i got this s**t about 2-3 sec))

now i can something beter))) for a 5 sec

can keep an even horizon but with bent arms. will try tomorrow to make a photo

all the luck, you could do it!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://workoutz.ru/
Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 am

NICE MAN, keep it up Smile I am concentrating in PLANCHE PUSH UPS NOW. i can already do one Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:02 am

Russian version of LittleBeast
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yurchik

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 pm

ConstantinE wrote:
i am ukrainian!! xDD
Back to top Go down
Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm

ConstantinE wrote:

HE meant me, but i'm AUSTRIAN lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reality

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Nice!

I remember watching LBM's vid, which inspired me, so I started to train on the Tucked Planche pushups.
I actually made a small workout from it..
*5 - 10 tucked pushups
into
*L seat -extend legs in and out 10 x
into
*45 degree handstand (sort of) While in the handstand I try and cycle 3-5 times.

Then repeat 5 times..

I find it hard, but most of you are well beyond my strength level.. so those of you that are, will prob find this easy Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gladiator

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:33 pm

i hate the pusedo planche pull ups they hurt my wrists to tha max No the one where you put close to your hips
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:51 am

THIS TUTORIALS SUCKK.. I WILL POST HOW I GOT IT SOON ..

IF THE PSEUDO PLANCHE HURTS YOUR WRIST .. STRETCH MORE
OR DO IT ON HANDLES .. U CAN TRY IT ON UR FIST 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reality

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 am

LittleBeastM wrote:

You took down your tucked planche vid.. so we demand a new one! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:14 am

YES SIR .. SOOOOOOOOON!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael8christian

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
yurchik

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Michael8christian wrote:
great work!!
i want part 2))
Back to top Go down
gladiator

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:05 pm

LittleBeastM wrote:

i think i must stretch cause i dont Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kellner

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 am

this tutorials doesn't suck at all and i would listen to what dommonic lacasse ( spelling ) says because ha has a really good straight arm planche which is 100 times harder then with bent arm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:46 am

i know that he doesnt do a full planche, he does a straddle. laccase is good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burn[Out]

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:10 am

s**t now i tuck planche only for 2 sec, arhg!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:16 am

Barflip wrote:
s**t now i tuck planche only for 2 sec, arhg!!!!

KEEEP IT UP MAN! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diiaz

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:48 pm

baahh just can hold the tucked planche for 10 sec's ...

But nice videos here !

Peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
srb21

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 am

The link is working again Smile
Burn[Out] just keep exercising. About 1 month ago i couldn't maintain the tucked planche for 2 sec xD , and few minutes ago i was holding it for 20 sec. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessicajane

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Haha Michael, my only question is, what's up with that soundtrack on your videos, man??? ;-) I love the idea of using two chairs to work on the planche, I would love to go to a park but it so damn hot here right now. I was thinking of making some paralette? bars out of piping this week. The cost of all the materials should be more than enough to motivate me to train everyday. ;-)

Yurchik, you're looking good, great upper arm definition. You only do bodyweight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Im working on a planche... I can almost kinda sorta hold a planche for a few seconds, its kinda ehhhh right now xD hopefully in a couple months... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
McCoy

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:34 am

Straight up most of the tutorials I've seen about getting a planche quick are bullshit and really bad. I followed the gymnastic body and can hold a steady straddle for multiple push ups and a straight leg planche for about 4 seconds now. I'd say progressing to each phase and holding for 60 seconds before moving on is bullshit as well, especially when you get to the harder phases and you have to split up what would be one set of 60 seconds into around 15 sets of 4 seconds. I'd say work on the gymnastic body type stuff, holding a frog stance, moving up to tuck planche if you can. At that point, you have two options. Continue to work on the tuck planche and increase your time or start working on your lower back. Honestly, you're midsection is often the weakest part of the planche and the upper body adapts quickly. Do wall walks at that point, work those hard. Endurance in the tuck planche and wall walking proficiency should go hand in hand. Depending on how proficient you feel, start doing pseudo planche push ups on the wall and work on tuck planche push ups as you start to work on your straddle planche. You can arrive at a straddle planche from a handstand (my favorite) or by simply extending back from a tuck which is definitely more difficult and probably more beneficial, but not necessary. At that point, when you're working on your straddle planche and you can do tuck planche push ups and pseudo planche push ups, you should be pretty in tune with your weak points on the planche and how you progress. Work on your weak points! The planche is a full body exercise, if there's one thing holding you down, it will hold your whole planche down! From a straddle planche you can work on a straight leg planche with your legs bent over or slowly move your legs inward from the straddle. Either way, my rule of thumb is about an 8 second hold with the prior progression before you work on the next one, and obviously when you start working on harder variations your endurance in the easier ones will increase.

Also, lock those elbows out! I made a huge mistake in letting my elbows relax a little bit during work on my straddle planche and it reduced the intensity of the exercise by tons and it took me awhile to make back what I had been screwing up on.

I know how much everyone here loves bodyweight stuff over weighted stuff and obviously I agree but one thing that helped me progress in my planche ridiculously fast lately is heavy deadlifts for few reps PTTP style. Besides the deadlift being the most awesome exercise with weight ever invented, it's pretty helpful in strengthening the core to hold the legs tight and up in a planche.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessicajane

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:22 am

Great post, Mc Cankles....

I always thought it would be more beneficial to start using the wall sooner to work on push-ups, but none of the tutorials reccomended this.. I think my weak point is the lower back/abs... I can hold a frog stand no problem, but after googling a tuck planche, I can see that the tuck planche isn't using the support from your legs, right? You're just kinda out there? This is incredibly difficult, I drop nearly everytime. It's also difficult for me to straighten my arms out in that really bizarre angle...

I've been trying to do dips and diamond push-ups in a progressive manner every week, and although I'm gaining a lot more strength, I'm wondering if this is the most feasible approach to mastering the planche tuck and so on... ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:43 pm

McCankles wrote:
Straight up most of the tutorials I've seen about getting a planche quick are bullshit and really bad. I followed the gymnastic body and can hold a steady straddle for multiple push ups and a straight leg planche for about 4 seconds now. I'd say progressing to each phase and holding for 60 seconds before moving on is bullshit as well, especially when you get to the harder phases and you have to split up what would be one set of 60 seconds into around 15 sets of 4 seconds. I'd say work on the gymnastic body type stuff, holding a frog stance, moving up to tuck planche if you can. At that point, you have two options. Continue to work on the tuck planche and increase your time or start working on your lower back. Honestly, you're midsection is often the weakest part of the planche and the upper body adapts quickly. Do wall walks at that point, work those hard. Endurance in the tuck planche and wall walking proficiency should go hand in hand. Depending on how proficient you feel, start doing pseudo planche push ups on the wall and work on tuck planche push ups as you start to work on your straddle planche. You can arrive at a straddle planche from a handstand (my favorite) or by simply extending back from a tuck which is definitely more difficult and probably more beneficial, but not necessary. At that point, when you're working on your straddle planche and you can do tuck planche push ups and pseudo planche push ups, you should be pretty in tune with your weak points on the planche and how you progress. Work on your weak points! The planche is a full body exercise, if there's one thing holding you down, it will hold your whole planche down! From a straddle planche you can work on a straight leg planche with your legs bent over or slowly move your legs inward from the straddle. Either way, my rule of thumb is about an 8 second hold with the prior progression before you work on the next one, and obviously when you start working on harder variations your endurance in the easier ones will increase.

Also, lock those elbows out! I made a huge mistake in letting my elbows relax a little bit during work on my straddle planche and it reduced the intensity of the exercise by tons and it took me awhile to make back what I had been screwing up on.

I know how much everyone here loves bodyweight stuff over weighted stuff and obviously I agree but one thing that helped me progress in my planche ridiculously fast lately is heavy deadlifts for few reps PTTP style. Besides the deadlift being the most awesome exercise with weight ever invented, it's pretty helpful in strengthening the core to hold the legs tight and up in a planche.
Great post! I used to do deadlifts when I lifted weights. How do you fit them in to your training schedule. Once or twice a week? I know they used to make me more sore than any exercise. I may add them back in if you really think they help you get the planche. That is my main goal right now-the planche.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:54 am

McCankles wrote:

This should be helpful for my planche training. Other people have also mentioned that the 60 second guideline isn't necessary.

In terms of lower back work, what do you think about hyperextensions? I deadlift as well. But I haven't really worked on wall walks, so I probably should.

Coach Sommer also mentioned somewhere that he once had an injured athlete that was training planche. So he took a few weeks off of training planche, but used kettlebell swings as rehab. This helped him develop more lower back strength. When the athlete started training planche again, he could hold a straddle planche, whereas before he could only hold a tuck planche. I believe that combining weights with calisthenics provides a synergistic effect that can help you out tremendously if you use it right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planche tutorial   

Back to top Go down

Planche tutorial
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next