Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

combining "advanced" exercises with weighted/heavy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckman

PostSubject: combining "advanced" exercises with weighted/heavy   Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:16 pm

what is a good way? I used to work only on weighted dips, pull ups, OHP and rows but now I added more static holds and some muscle up, one arm pull up work like assisted OACs, explosive pulls etc and I am curious how to do them all and progress in both eventually(not necessary at the same time)

stats
BW 79-80kg
32kg chin ups x2
32kg dips x6 (after chins, narrow bars)
OHP 55kg x5 (not max effort)
Cable rows 65kg 3x4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: combining "advanced" exercises with weighted/heavy   Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:42 am

Yo sorry for the late response.

General true is that when u divide ur training into different things, usually ur results devide as well. If many moves are towards similar path then its ok it helps each other i guess.

Maybe way to fork for different things, one is do 3 different kind of workouts each week. Like 1 BW advacned moves. 2nd weighted basics , 3 maybe less advaned moves , holds and BW reps.

U can also combine some on the same workout, lets say
1st OAC progressions reps and static holds for strength and skill i guess.
2nd start with fully weighted and go slowly to BW only so uwork both strenth and endurance.
3rd may be a repeat or maybe some muscle ups and when u cant muscle up any more normal pull ups or high pull ups, u can even do a bit more explisive reps this workout.

Just have fun, work hard think about ur goals and u ll find a plan pretty easy.

Just remember its good soemtimes to focus only on 1-2 things to improve and other try to maintain mainly, if u improve there as well gratz but if u work for like handstand,muscle ups, OACs, FL , BL chances are u get to a point to all and then u ll need to FOCUS.

Hope it makes sense Smile

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile

combining "advanced" exercises with weighted/heavy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1