Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Beginner and very fat:))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rising

PostSubject: Beginner and very fat:))   Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:24 am

Ok,i need your help guys.I am new to the forum and new to calisthenics.One month and 3 weeks ago my weight was 112 kg,now i a have 101.This is a very big problem because my height is 181 cm.I'm ashamed but this is the reality and i must change it.So i saw this guy,Enes Selimovic,who inspired me to go on with calisthenics.The issue here is that i am bigger than him and approaching this like him it is not,in my point of view,the best strategy.
Let me tell you about my training program:
Plank-max
Squats(with jumps)-10 reps
Lunges-10 reps
Push Ups-10 reps
Laying down and raising my legs(low abs)-10 reps
Mountain Climbers-max
Pike Push Ups-8 reps
I do 4 cycles with 3 min rest between each cycle and 45 sec between each exercise
I was reading that i should stay a month with this one and training at least 3 times a week.
I want to train 2 times a day!!!!!Do you think is a problem here?I also want to lose fat and and i don't know if these type of cycle offers me this.Please share your thoughts with me about this and give me some good advices.I just love calisthenics and i promise to myself that i will manage to do all of those hard element that can be done with some bars.
Also my diet it is very good,at least to lose weight-don't know if is good for doing calisthenics 2 times a day.I follow Montignac's style of eating(look for it,it is nice)-that implies no sugar.alcohol,bred or anything that contains flour etc.The principle  is simple:i should not combine proteins and lipids with carbohydrates.
OK,thanks very much and sorry for my bad english.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Beginner and very fat:))   Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Hello there! 1st of all congratulation for losing 11kg and in general wanting to change ur life/body/health to the better.

Being heavy isnt always bad. You can do simple exercices and cause ur ur weight to be challenging enough. Also, if u gain strength and lose weight at the same time u ll feel that u are doing huge leaps in calisthenics exercices.

SO to the point, this program that u follow 3 times per week is a full body program which targets whole body more or less. Something that i dont like is that it doesnt contain pulling exercices, pull ups maybe be a bit too much for now but bodyweight rows would be GREAT!!! Also, this program if it makes u tired then its a good one, if its an easy one then its not that good and u maybe need to lower the rest between exercices or maybe increase reps.

This circuit training propably is ok for strength-endurance and propably for burning fat as well (this is in case u sweat a lot during each circle).

I could start reccomending million things like doing once one other style of program more strength-based, but i think it would be better to stick to this program for a bit, get used to it and maybe in 2-3+ weeks from now add other stuff.

BUT i suggest u to start walking/jogging/running a lot, it will help u lose some weight. But go easy on it, add it to slowly to ur program.

So in conclusion, u can keep doing ur program maybe adding soem BW rows to it to be more complete (or a chin up hold on top if u cant do somewhere rows) 3 times per week. And u can do 2-3 times some running program nothing too serious. and if u got time and feel good do some extra walks.
It can easly be 1 day circuit training other day "joggin training" alternating, it will feel up to 6 days per week. Let one for full rest maybe some extra stretching this day would be great and also do some walking the morning for example of ur circuit training (if u do them in evening).

As for diet, try ur best to eat clean and healthy thats what matters most, plenty of fruits,vegetables, some clean meat if u like to etc.

Sorry for the big reply, if u have any more questions feel free to ask, maybe others jump into and write their opinions as well (which is always good to have 2-3 different opinions).
Hope i helped ^_^

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rising

PostSubject: Re: Beginner and very fat:))   Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:59 pm

1stratos1,thank you very much.I was thinking the same:if i gain strength at my 100 kg and lose some weight,after a few months it should be easier for me to do some exercises(of course,let us asume that i lose weight.wich i'll do,FOR SURE!!!).Glad to see that i am not so dumb...ok,let's go on..
Yes,i am sweating during each cycle because i try to rest less than 45 sec.No resting for the first 3,for example.Maybe i will go for the maximums in the last cycle,i will see.
Walking/jogging/running!!!I play table tennis 3 times a week and football at least 1 time,walking with my girlfriend also.If it is something that i hate,well,that is jogging.I try even not to think at jogging.But instead i will do some sprints and i will burn fat the same as f***ing jogging(joke).In sprints your BPM is very high,so it is ok.You guys should read about sprints training if you don't know already.Good,i think this is enough cardio,right?
I am eating very healthy,i promise you that.
Sunday is my resting day.
Ooo,and i'll do some pulling exercises ,or holding.Is pretty hard to do pull ups right now,weight is too heavy:)).Thanks again man,for your support and posting to my mesage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Beginner and very fat:))   Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:44 pm

HIIT is pretty effective for both fat burning and muscle building BUT the drawback is that its pretty demanding for the body. If u feel GREAT kill urself , if u are somewhere between go a bit easy on it and u can alrternate between running and walking if u hate slow pace jogging.

U 'll lose weight if u exercise and eat clean , thats for sure.
Remember to warm up and cooldown after each session and control ur hunger not to injure urself cause it SUCKs!! Just listen to ur body and u ll be fine (dont slack off through....)

ps: If u really want to do everything u can, some light stretching (dynamic and static) will help blood move and also with muscle soreness and general recovery. In addition, massage do wonders as well (u can do self-massage maybe use a foamroller).

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Beginner and very fat:))   Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:23 am

Stick with the basics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rising

PostSubject: Re: Beginner and very fat:))   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:16 pm

10x Fed X.You mean I can stay to those exercises from my first post?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rising

PostSubject: Re: Beginner and very fat:))   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:32 am

OK guys,there is a month and a few days from my first post to this forum and my 101 kgs.I have reached 94 kgs now and i am very happy.I can do 4 chin-ups,a lot of push-ups(all sort of pushups).Now i want something more difficult,but also full body routine.
Or do you think i should stay with the basics?10x very much!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginner and very fat:))   

Back to top Go down

Beginner and very fat:))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1