Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pull up question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Error#blade

PostSubject: Pull up question   Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:08 pm

So if the pull up is the back exercise, and hit your lats primary, then why I don't ever feel my lats? Just to know I do pull up perfectly good form, and full rom. I do every fu*king variation of pull ups. And when I hit my max number of pull ups, and maybe less its not the back that starting to fail, its my arms. Look picture below. This full red part is hurting greatest when i hit high reps, this and that circle part fails...

so i think after some higher reps 18 or more your arms have bigger role there, not your back, if i train that part i could easily crank muck more pull ups. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brisbanebarstuds

PostSubject: Re: Pull up question   Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Are you gripping with your thumbs around the bar? If so you'll probably need to work on grip strength endurance.

Gripping as mentioned above actives your forearms muscles. Its constantly been used over that period of time.

I always tell people to do pull-ups with this grip to work the forearms. Most people will have there thumb over the bar.

A good routine is

1 pull-ups
5 sec dead hang
2 pull-ups
10 sec dead hang
3 pull-ups
15 sec dead hang

till you get to 6 pull-ups and 30 sec dead hangs. Then back down to 1 pull-up and 5 sec hang

Avoid breaking off the bar, with minimum breaks/rest

Highest I got up to was 6 pull-ups and grip just gave up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brisbanebarstuds.com
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Pull up question   Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:32 am

I also cant remember if i even "felt" my back to fail before my arms or soemthing.
In general i think that back muscles are massive so they can pull much and they got pretty good endurance. So in worst case if they are dead u ll feel a general exhaustion and that will be the reason u wont be able to do pull ups for example.

Talking about pull ups except the back muscles u use a lot ur arms, forearms biceps etc.
And these muscles (especially biceps) are much smaller than back muscles so i guess its normal for them to be dead 1st or feel dead there 1st.

Maybe u can try once to do some iron cross work but instead of "hanging" from arms/hands hand from ur elbows, that way its easier cause of leverage, plus the biceps/triceps wont work, but i thnk ur lats will get some work. Then when u do 2-4 max sets take a small rest and try to do pull ups. My guess is that u wont be able to do more but biceps/forearmes wont be the problem.

Its a nice topic thought, i find sometime great pain there when i try do hold for max top position @ pull up.

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Error#blade

PostSubject: Re: Pull up question   Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:18 am

thanks guys..Even if i do without my thumb around the bar, the outcome is the same...I recently found that my forearms is not that much strong, and after each workout I rape my forearms with bar holds and towel holds...related to my picture above, i found some good exercises to strengthen my biceps brachii and brachioradialis m. If u want I can post it here.

@brisbanebarstuds yea that's good and hard grip exercise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Error#blade

PostSubject: Re: Pull up question   Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:42 pm

brisbanebarstuds wrote:

A good routine is

1 pull-ups
5 sec dead hang
2 pull-ups
10 sec dead hang
3 pull-ups
15 sec dead hang

till you get to 6 pull-ups and 30 sec dead hangs. Then back down to 1 pull-up and 5 sec hang

Avoid breaking off the bar, with minimum breaks/rest

Highest I got up to was 6 pull-ups and grip just gave up.

Fu*k...i can go only till 4 pull ups and 20 sec hold...after that my grip fails Very Happy fu*ck my weak grip :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brisbanebarstuds

PostSubject: Re: Pull up question   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Its good ay! haha cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brisbanebarstuds.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pull up question   

Back to top Go down

Pull up question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top