Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Two workouts a day seperated vs one big workout.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
barsforever

PostSubject: Two workouts a day seperated vs one big workout.   Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 am

Ok so i train full body every 2nd day and today is my one weighted day. My routine is:
5x5 HSPU
5x5 Pull Ups
5x5 Dips
3-4x10 Pushups

All weighted. My question is would i be better to do that routine in the morning and wait til evening to do some strictly bodyweight work or should i do one big workout where i do my weighted routine and then just rest 10-15 mins before doing my bodyweight? Thanks in advance.

Marc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Two workouts a day seperated vs one big workout.   Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:10 pm

It depends. In general i think u ll be more rested if u do one morning workout and one in the evening. But like this u ll propably need to warm up twice and maybe 2 cooldowns are good as well.

This way u ll propably be able to get more volume in the day but propably less intensity, generally speaking.

If u do them in 1 workout, u ll propably have less volume but more instensity in this particullar workout/day.

I propably if i was to split em maybe i would do something like pulling morning and then pushing evening? but if u are about to train the same movements/muscles i dont find much reason splitting them in the same day.
If u was asking if its ok to do some hard work every 2 days and add soem extra bodyweight training in the days between i would say go for it but dont go too hard so u ll put extra reps but dont worsen much ur recovery.

So its up to u, i dont find it neither bad or good, but its propably more time effecient if u do them in 1 workout and work for something else in the morning, maybe some handstand work for going slowly to freehandstands etc. (aka skill training)

SOmething else i would like to mention is that you do more pushing work than pulling. Maybe add some chin ups after dips??? or rows? (aka australian pull ups) and also core?.

In general u havent said if u do something else the other 4 days of the week. If u dotn train core and legs and u can only workout these 3 days then better add some in the morning.

Hope i helped...

PS: Cause i cant tell u if its better or not ur best way to figure it out is by trying it urself... it may be a nice way to switch up ur routine as well Wink

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
barsforever

PostSubject: Re: Two workouts a day seperated vs one big workout.   Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:19 pm

1stratos1 wrote:
It depends. In general i think u ll be more rested if u do one morning workout and one in the evening. But like this u ll propably need to warm up twice and maybe 2 cooldowns are good as well.

This way u ll propably be able to get more volume in the day but propably less intensity, generally speaking.

If u do them in 1 workout, u ll propably have less volume but more instensity in this particullar workout/day.

I propably if i was to split em maybe i would do something like pulling morning and then pushing evening? but if u are about to train the same movements/muscles i dont find much reason splitting them in the same day.
If u was asking if its ok to do some hard work every 2 days and add soem extra bodyweight training in the days between i would say go for it but dont go too hard so u ll put extra reps but dont worsen much ur recovery.

So its up to u, i dont find it neither bad or good, but its propably more time effecient if u do them in 1 workout and work for something else in the morning, maybe some handstand work for going slowly to freehandstands etc. (aka skill training)

SOmething else i would like to mention is that you do more pushing work than pulling. Maybe add some chin ups after dips??? or rows? (aka australian pull ups) and also core?.

In general u havent said if u do something else the other 4 days of the week. If u dotn train core and legs and u can only workout these 3 days then better add some in the morning.

Hope i helped...

PS: Cause i cant tell u if its better or not ur best way to figure it out is by trying it urself... it may be a nice way to switch up ur routine as well Wink

Thanks alot man great reply and great info! I ended up doing them in one workout and it worked out pretty well so thank you Smile And yes on off days i cycle between 1.back extensions,core and legs and 2. Deadlifts, core and legs. Thanks again for the help brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two workouts a day seperated vs one big workout.   

Back to top Go down

Two workouts a day seperated vs one big workout.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1