Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

progressive overload, excess computer usage and overuse injuries

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckman

PostSubject: progressive overload, excess computer usage and overuse injuries   Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 pm

probably a final lesson... I kept my progress under control to not get hurt and I added just 1kg/week but then suddenly one evening after workout when I increased weight by 1 kg on everything(every rep felt so easy even with this) I started feeling elbow pain, painful on extension or flexion, next day it was only discomfort and second day I did light training without pain
then I took like 5 days rest and decided to do lightest band curls, extensions, wall push ups etc and it irritated the elbow

I noticed during using my laptop especially holding mouse causes some tension there as my height of seat was too low etc and I use computer too much every day, this could develop some inflammation and its probably a tennis elbow

do you think this could have such negative impact on my elbow? I doubt it was a result of just training and my nutrition was on point too. not sure if oatmeal, occasional junk food and cottage cheese could keep inflammation in my body tho

never had problems with elbows before, no pain there during workout(only in my left one that is not injured during triceps extensions)
only time I felt tension around elbows was my warm up when doing large arm circles
Back to top Go down
View user profile

progressive overload, excess computer usage and overuse injuries
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1