Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

need some advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wael94

PostSubject: need some advice   Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Ive been doing the basics for 8 months everyday my routine is a circuit of : wide grip pull ups , diamond push ups , l sit close grip chin ups , dips , back extensions for 5 sets then i do another 5 sets with different grips . I rest 30-45 sec between sets . i can pull up with 20 kgs for 6 reps and dip with 15 kgs for 6-8 reps .
Is it wrong if i wana change my routine to one day upper body (basics with added weights ) and one day for legs or should i go for high reps with no weights. Im kinda confused how to set up a new routine .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: need some advice   Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Nothing is actually correct or wrong. The best way to check soemthing is to try it urself!

its common in general to split the routines to one day upper body other day lower body and alternate these routines through the week.

Doing weighted basics isnt bad, there are planty of good routines out there that combines both BW and weighted basics.
One simple is 5-10 sets, of pull ups do max reps with lets say 15kg, drop off the weight try max again, rest 5sets between sets.
Other routines could be 4-6sets with weighted, 4-6 sets unweighted and u could do like 4-6 BW rows.

You could also do different routines for upper body. Lets say one day going a bit heavy, other day doing combined weighted-BW sets, other day pure BW basics.

Try to find out what u want to do/your goals and try to make a routine that will help you get there Wink

Hope it helped.

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wael94

PostSubject: Re: need some advice   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:23 am

Ty for the infos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some advice   

Back to top Go down

need some advice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top