Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

higher reps in basics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steel

PostSubject: higher reps in basics   Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:27 am

Hello Guys! I've got a problem. I used to do about 30 pull ups as my max, but then i realised that they weren't clean at all. So i tried couple days later and my new max was 23 reps. I've been doing pyramids and ladders for a long time, and i think its time for something new.
I wonder what would be better for improving my reps, something like 5 md ? e.g. 50 or 100 pull ups for time. Or maybe  should i stick with longer gaps between sets like 1-2 min and keep drillin' those sets. 30 clean deadhang pull ups is the goal.
That's the biggest question.

I thought about weight also, but for example working with 45lbs on dipping belt can help? I always thought that weight can help with explosiveness not with reps. so how it works?

I would really appreciate your help! Thx guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: higher reps in basics   Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:46 pm

Best methods for me, u could do my traditional workout i been doing for years. 5-10sets with 5minute rest strict time your rest. And you count only consecutive reps, the second u need to pause to rest u stop the set. Write down all 5sets, say u did 28,27,24,21,16 make sure you try to add 1 rep to every set each week. Eventually u can switch the routine and do this.

I call it the On/Off routine. Use 45lbs. on your weight belt. This can be used for pullups or dips.

Set 1 45lbs. maxxout pullups, take weight off and with no rest go back on the bar and max out again.Write down your total and beat it each week for each set. So do 5sets with 5minute rest. I have tonsssss of other pullup routines that give dramatic boosts quickly. For now this is enough for you to do for 12months straight. 3months do the traditional wortkout i wrote on top, then 3months on/off routine, then another 3 traditional , then another 3 on/off. Each 3months u cycle these 2 routines u will be stronger & stronger, Force the gains.Attack the workout as if it is life and death.When your training is as important as the food you eat, then u will be strong! Trainharddd!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fil Kaidzen

PostSubject: Re: higher reps in basics   Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 am

ironloo wrote:
Best methods for me, u could do my traditional workout i been doing for years. 5-10sets with 5minute rest strict time your rest. And you count only consecutive reps, the second u need to pause to rest u stop the set. Write down all 5sets, say u did 28,27,24,21,16 make sure you try to add 1 rep to every set each week. Eventually u can switch the routine and do this.

I call it the On/Off routine. Use 45lbs. on your weight belt. This can be used for pullups or dips.

Set 1 45lbs. maxxout pullups, take weight off and with no rest go back on the bar and max out again.Write down your total and beat it each week for each set. So do 5sets with 5minute rest. I have tonsssss of other pullup routines that give dramatic boosts quickly. For now this is enough for you to do for 12months straight. 3months do the traditional wortkout i wrote on top, then 3months on/off routine, then another 3 traditional , then another 3 on/off. Each 3months u cycle these 2 routines u will be stronger & stronger, Force the gains.Attack the workout as if it is life and death.When your training is as important as the food you eat, then u will be strong! Trainharddd!

Hello, thanks you for that advice. How often i have to train? 3 or 5 days on week?
And can i do push-ups according to the same scheme?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk5NTZX8vyd829bvH7FkqXQ
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: higher reps in basics   Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Yea u can do this with pushups, 3 xs is good. 1 session pullups, 1 dips, 1 pushup and unweighted work too if u want
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fil Kaidzen

PostSubject: Re: higher reps in basics   Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:06 pm

ironloo wrote:
Yea u can do this with pushups, 3 xs is good. 1 session pullups, 1 dips, 1 pushup and unweighted work too if u want

Thanks you! I want to make 3 months unweighted work, then with weight
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk5NTZX8vyd829bvH7FkqXQ
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: higher reps in basics   Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:37 pm

No problem man, and smart idea.Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: higher reps in basics   

Back to top Go down

higher reps in basics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1