Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

weighted pullups - plateau

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pow3r

PostSubject: weighted pullups - plateau   Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:29 am

Hello. i've got a question. I stuck at weighed pullups, i am training them once a week in my front lever training routine doind 3 sets for max reps.To progress counting only first set.If in first set did min. 8 reps , adding +2kg to total added weight on next trainig.here you can see my progress:

Today i did 8 reps with 22kg , very barelly ,and i think i wouldnt be able to do it with 24kgs at next training so i stuck.Im demotivated because i was doing non stop progress from trainig to training.Maybe should i change my progress/training method ? What do you recommend to me?

Peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: weighted pullups - plateau   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:10 pm

you should train them more frequently maybe with higher intensity and rest one day, then lower intensity next day

you can inspire yourself by ironloos routines which are extreme and with right nutrition should boost your reps and strength for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pow3r

PostSubject: Re: weighted pullups - plateau   Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks i will take a look for the routines
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: weighted pullups - plateau   Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:44 pm

I would like to mention that as u progress usually u ll slow down, what matters of course is to continue to progress!!!
Sometimes also its true that u hit some plateus, sometimes its cause ur body need some extra rest, other times propably u ll just need to give something more, maybe more volume, maybe more frequency etc.

You could try to increase ur sets from 3 to 4.
You can also change a bit ur routine for this day or this part for 1-2 weeks and get back again to ur routine, maybe this helps. (example max pull ups with 15kg , drop weight max pull ups = 1 set, rest good and repeat for like 3-4 times, OR maybe try max weight for 5 reps with 3-5 sets.)
Sometimes changing routines helps.

Hope it helps Smile

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weighted pullups - plateau   

Back to top Go down

weighted pullups - plateau
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1