Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

pyramids or longer gap between sets?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BLKB

PostSubject: pyramids or longer gap between sets?   Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 am

Hi, I like to mix my cals with running, so I'll run for a while then stop and exercise, then finish the run. It's a pretty good workout that seems to tire me out way more than just cals or just running.

I'm in bad condition right now and cant take a load so for aussie pull-ups with about 40 seconds between sets I can do 10, then 7, then 4. Does anyone know what the difference in strength / endurance would be if instead of one cals session mid run, I took a lot of breaks and did one full set set in each?

So say for the Aussies, instead of 10-7-4, I try for 10-10-10 but with 10 minutes between each set?

I know I'm talking low-rep Aussies here, but I guess the question applies if I was doing decent sets of better exercises; what's the effect on strength and endurance with straight sets and longer breaks, than pyramids with shorter breaks.

Any help appreciated, BLKB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: pyramids or longer gap between sets?   Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Generally.
Strength = Low reps (3-5) 5 min rest
Hypertrophy = Mid reps (5-10) 3 min rest
Endurance = High reps (10+) 1 min rest

I personally use 5 min for all my exercises whether strength or endurance. But that's not set in stone. Everyone changes it to their liking. Just got to see what works for you and keep doing it or switch it up if your not getting the results you want whether strength, aesthetics, endurance, stamina, etc, whatever your goals are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

pyramids or longer gap between sets?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1