Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Thoughts on my routine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
luchinii

PostSubject: Thoughts on my routine   Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:44 am

Sup barbarians, new to the forum (i've been reading around for a while already though). I just wanted you ask about your thoughts on my routine.

My goal is for now to get rid of last fat that's covering my belly (doing IF/Warrior Diet while in a deficit) but in the long run strength increase and moves.
I've been doing basics for 1 year + without alot of gains because i've been cutting.

Right now my stats are:
pull ups 7, push ups 30, full dips 10, hanging leg raises 6, back lever straddle hold 3 secs, front lever tucked 10 sec, hspu 5.

I used to do:
5x pull ups, push ups, pistol squats, dips, hanging leg raises, handstand (balance training or hspu). (all in circuit training)

Now i'm thinking of starting the next two routines, alternating every workout.

With workout A I do my old routine, but focusing on slow and doing sets instead of circuit training to focus on strength.

Workout B I do muscle ups (ATM 1 kipping), chest high pull ups, clap push ups, jumping squats, explosive dips, hanging leg raises, hspu's, clap pull ups (5 sets in circuit).

I wanna work on all 3's, meaning strength, explosiveness and endurance. For the strength training i'll follow 100 push ups, 20 pull ups and 150 dips workout plans.

Sorry for the long read! Laughing

What are your thoughts? Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my routine   Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:38 pm

you probably learned what works for you at least something so you should make your diet/training around that

personally I found I am strongest(weighted basics, endurance) at higher bodyweight because when I cut I have much less energy

your stats looks weird, 7 max pull ups and tuck FL, 10 dips and 5 HSPU you are probably using bad form, my suggestion build more reps with basics until you can do 10 pull ups/set, 15 dip/set, 40+ push ups in a set ... ironloo would tell at least double numbers but this should be enough foundation and then you can keep working on endurance and/or add weight to basics, move on some harder skill etc

meanwhile work on basic skill like handstand/headstand and L-Sit
core work: hanging leg raises, side/front planks, (back extensions)
legs: squats, lunges, jumps..

forget about levers and muscle up for now, its not that easy unless you are very lightweight

3 times a week, 5 sets for basic exercises should be okay.. once in a while maxout and try to beat your record or try different grips, static holds or holds inside reps, play with that

in the end it depends alot on consistency
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luchinii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my routine   Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:56 am

Alright thanks for your feedback. I've been stuck between 6-10 pull ups occassionally shooting up to 12 after weighted pull ups. Down to 6-8 max now. I've been stuck with these numbers for about a year, pretty frustrating. I know it's harder to gain strength while in a deficit but still, wouldn't think so when it's just bodyweight strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my routine   Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35 pm

thats my experience, got ligher but couldnt do more reps or weight added

maybe you should stop doing circuits and focus more on quality either strict sets in a row or supersets, you can use rest between supersets eg

first exercise, 45 sec rest, second, 90 sec rest.. repeat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my routine   Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Buckman said good things, especially that u need to work on the basics till u get ur numbers up a bit, with ok form at least and try having good ROM (range of motion).

But i also think that u need to have some fun so if u want that much to train for a skill u could do some skill training. But u need soem requiriments for many moves. For example front lever , planche, one arm pull up are moves that u should avoid for a bit OR be REALLY careful if u think about training them, cause u could injure urself easily. Never the less handstand is a great move to practice and occationally go to free handstand (headstand too). For muscle ups maybe go to 10 good pull ups 1st bt if u still insist on working on it u could do some jumping muscle ups and maybe some assisted negatives. But this is an extra work, dont put ur basics beside for this, and also try not to exhaust ur self doing these, just to let ur body feel a bit about the movement.

Thats all i wanted to add Smile

Work hard and in the long run u ll be able to watch back 1-2 years and feel great and glad u didnt gave up Wink

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on my routine   

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on my routine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1