Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

training for endurance vs training for strength

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckman

PostSubject: training for endurance vs training for strength   Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:28 am

how imporatant is endurance tranining really? I did only endurance for 2 years with some  breaks, I could do 31 dips and 18 pull ups after injury took like 1 year to get to these reps again

more reps I could do the harder it was to progress, maybe 1-2 reps in 1-2 months

then I started doing more supersets and strength oriented training and today I maxed out at 18 dips and 12 pull ups, could do 10 dips with 20kg equipped few week ago

I always found very hard to do many reps in one set, when I do push ups as warm up even 10 feel hard on joints and is exhausting but I could do wall HeSPUs after quick warm up without problem on first try what I just cant understand

doubt overtraining as I had 3 days rest from upper body and 2 from lower

my reps are high only if I work only on endurance and nothing else just could never get to 40 dips and 20 pull ups

what I discovered during these 2+ years is I can get core strength pretty quickly for windshield wipers and dragonflag preparation(have huge calves so its not easy either)

and progressed very quickly with overhead press from struggling with 32kg to 47kg for 5x5 in few weeks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: training for endurance vs training for strength   Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Both work hand in hand, do both for well rounded performance. for both weights + calis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: training for endurance vs training for strength   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:35 am

how would you combine them or how often to work each, I know it depends on person but thats what I failed to find what works for me

I am more oriented in strength but want some basic endurance also when I move on something harder and make the previous strength training a bit in endurance/conditioning

currently I want to learn muscle up and wall HSPU, and pull/dip more weight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: training for endurance vs training for strength   Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 am

ok another question

is it better to train both in the same training or separately? I am starting with weighted dips for 10 reps/set, then lets say single bar dips 15 reps/set then pike push ups and maybe some handstands

for pulling I do less reps because of same weight, I do some explosive sets and rows but I s till get very very sore, idk if its right and will progress efficiently Smile

also I havent trained core properly for 3,5 months and got almost all my strength back in few training sessions, but having weak lower back, glutes and APT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: training for endurance vs training for strength   Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:30 am

Its good on heavy days to do 1 set of a new max personal record for pullups, this will act as your warmup and u will find a new max, then do weighted pullups, then end it with 1 more set of max pullups and shoot for same number of reps u got before.

The way i personally train,u will be well rounded in all areas, strong heavy dip/pull/hspu prob first day of trying. My best advice is Atlasthenics, cause me and others have never been stronger!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: training for endurance vs training for strength   Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:26 am

thanks loo right now I maxout at the end of training session with weight I used in strict sets and try to beat the reps in those sets, most of the time I am near the same reps but yesterday hit a new PR(weighted)

I think maxing out BW prior to weighted would burn me too much, I noticed I can do much more diamonds than I used to and I dont train endurance much now, not even push ups

will try your methods, used them for overhead press and the gains were very fast

1 strength session with long rests, then next session with middle weight and next with light weight then next weak repeat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: training for endurance vs training for strength   

Back to top Go down

training for endurance vs training for strength
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1