Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

weighte dips/pull ups increase

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckman

PostSubject: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:54 pm

how often and what rep scheme do you recommend to increase strength on these?

I know it depends on recovery but I dont train these moves every day so..

what I do now is every 2 or 3 days depends if I go high volume or extreme strength compared with my regular training

2 training ago I did 9x4 pull ups and 9x6 dips with vest and today only 3 sets weighted 7-10reps pull ups and 10-15 dips then 3 sets BW only

do you think this would work? or should I work on more extremes like 1-3 reps? dont know if i can manage that as I have only 30kg vest, also what about accessories like push ups or rows? I did both before along with overhead press but I just cant get better at everything at once, 1-2 exercises at best will improve only
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:02 am

According to Loo´s advice for my deadlifts, I would apply it on pullups too. So one heavy session with sets of 3 (or 5 should be ok for pullups) and high volume with 70% or so of 3rep max, if I remember right, sets of 10. Heavy sessions keep on 3-5 rep scheme, high volume conitnue with wsam weight till you got around 20 reps, than higher weight. I would tell you if that worked for my DL, but I have fucked up lower back, elbow and shoulder at the same time, so I quit training at all.

Also I know LittleBeastM recommends 3x3 build up to 3x5, than to 5x5 and than add weight.

But you will need more weight as your vest won´t be enough for this schemes soon. Either you want to rise your strength and you should get an equipment for that, or you want to master your vest, but that would translate to endurance work soon, just like on/off routines etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:28 am

thanks would you suggest using same weight for dips and pull ups? I am not visiting a gym soon and my vest is not build for frequent loading Very Happy

I think I will do supersets too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:05 am

You are from Slovakia, aren´t you? So we can talk Czechoslovakian, because I´m from Ostrava, man, but for the sake of other members we can keep it in English, too.
From my experience, one has almost always bigger pushing strength, if not, push will catch soon and exceed pull.

How much weight can you load to your vest? 20 or 30kg?

Look here: http://www.nejlevnejsisport.cz/cinky-zavazi-kettlebell-c-11_50_348.html?page=2&sort=3a

Here you have good old kettlebells for unparalleled prices. I woudl suggest to take 32kg, for that price, it´s cheapest I find. Much cheaper than weighted vests. You can build to the level of kettlebell, than add your vest again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:25 pm

ja som zo slovenska.. vesta ma 30kg, aktualne pouzivam 12kg
s 20kg dam 10x dipy a 4x pritahy max

kettlebell je zaujimavy ale neni moc prenosny preto som si kupil vestu, doma mozem prakticky cvicit aj klasicky zavazie na opasku

ale hlavne cvicim v parku

Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:42 pm

Tak bych si to rozdělil, pokud chceš dělat weighted, dělej je doma, na venek si nech bodyweight, nevím, já jsem si vozil do parku kotouče i na kole. U Vitaliye Gumenného jsem viděl ve videu takový ten dvoukolový vozík na nákupy, co používají babičky, sundaná taška a na té konstrukci měl kettlebely. Výborný nápad.

Vesta ti ale ještě dost dlouho vydrží, myslím, že třeba 20 shybů a 30/40 dipů s 30kg je solidní výsledek:) A můžeš v ní dělat i kliky, kliky ve stojce, což je paráda.

Sám jsem o ní uvažoval, ale tady u nás se mi nevyplatí. Kolik stála ta tvá?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jneill

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:29 am

Could you do 5x3r 4x4r then 3x5r then add weight for weighted dips and pullups?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:15 pm

I did 5x5, 4x8 and 3-5x10 for pull ups and dips but I am injured now 1 month
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weighte dips/pull ups increase   

Back to top Go down

weighte dips/pull ups increase
View previous topic View next topic Back to top