Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Need an advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
simasss

PostSubject: Need an advice    Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:35 am

How do I create a routine to target both strength and muscle mass?When I was doing 1-6 reps and 5x5's my strength was increasing , but i didn't gain any muscle. Then, I switched to routine for 8-12 reps and my muscles grew but strength decreased...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Need an advice    Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:49 am

I find it a bit too much if u train hard with 8-12 reps to lose strength, especially if u do the same weight more or less than u was doing before for only 1-6 reps but there are many ways to do it. One is to train once strength and once for mass, and u propably got one more for either strength-endurance or focusing on one of the above again.

Other way is to cycle between strength-mass-strength endurance
Lets say u do 30kg pull ups and u do them for 3reps, slowly u ll be able to do them for 6-7 reps then it starts to kick in more mass than strength , then slowly u pass the 12 reps and it goes more to strength endurance, then after lets say 15 reps u increase the weight.

The simplest way is to just train hard on both strength and strength endurance and eat harder, if u progress and u slowly gain weight with the right way the fat gain will be little and the muscle gain more, so u ll get bulkier without overthinking about such things.

Hope it helped Smile

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: Need an advice    Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 pm

I very popular way to ensure a strength increase while gaining muscle mass is doing your 5x5 very heavy, and then finishing up with lighter weight or drop sets. Once you complete the 5x5 or 3x5 or whatever, either do a 5x10 with a lighter weight, OR a drop set...for example:
Squats at 225 5x5
Then max out at 200
Max out at 185
Max out at 135
Max out at 105
no rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: Need an advice    Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:23 am

dropsets are good, bad for me the vest is not so easily unloadable..

what do you mean with cycles from 3 reps to 15? and increasing weight just then I dont know man, I am doing pull ups with 11kg for 6 reps/set, max maybe 8 reps

I can pull 20kg 4 times, but it will take a lot months until I can do 15 reps with 11kg so it could slow me down, dont you think? I dont want to rush but I dont want to stagnate at the same weight just pushing more reps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need an advice    

Back to top Go down

Need an advice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1