Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

a simple routine, yet effective

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeviggiano

PostSubject: a simple routine, yet effective   Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:37 pm

greetings from venezuela.

my first experience with calisthenics was october 2013, and it was great. in just a couple of months i achieved some goals that i have never even got close training in a gym.

my routine is extremely simple, created by my self, called tri-series (dunno if that name make sense in english, it does in spanish):

10 pull ups
10 bar dips
10 push ups
1 min rest
x 10 sets
EVERYDAY

so, by the end of the routine, i had 100 pull ups, 100 bar dips and a 100 push ups. no rest between excercises.

after a couple of weeks i added a fourth exercise, explosive sprints, i think it was 100 meters long, more or less, never measured it, it is just the space i had in front of me from the bars to a fence.

those final months of 2013 were a complete success, bf decresed to 7% i was ripped as f..k. my diet was only chicken or meat and yams or plantains. zero vegetables, zero supps. only those four items, 5 or 6 time a day.

2014 have been a lil different, but for work and personal reasons. things got complicated at the office and missed january an february, got back on march and april with a different routine, got injured, kept training until it was impossible to handle. this week started back with the routine and using intermitten fasting, leangains to be specific.

so, i have a couple of questions for ypu guys, with a lot more experience than me.

what do you guys think about this routine? it still amazes me how simple it is, yet effective. any changes? any advices? should i add o take away something?

is leangains compatible with this kind of training?

my excuses if my questions are too simple or silly, but all this is completely new to me

thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: a simple routine, yet effective   Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:22 pm

similar to dirty 30s but you dont take rest
what are your maxes for push ups, dips and pull ups after that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: a simple routine, yet effective   Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 pm

I would say that this routine is a simple, yet good one...BUT...like everything, you get too used to doing the same thing and the benefits start to decrease. It seems that a general consensus is, in the calisthenics world, when you get really good at the basics, pump up the difficulty. Add in weighted basics, isometric holds, handstand pushups, more core work, and so on. I believe that once you start "uping" your routine, you will see a lot more improvements, also you will have more fun with your workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeviggiano

PostSubject: Re: a simple routine, yet effective   Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Buckman wrote:
similar to dirty 30s but you dont take rest
what are your maxes for push ups, dips and pull ups after that?

push ups 50, pull ups 30 and dunno about dips, never tried. will find out next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a simple routine, yet effective   

Back to top Go down

a simple routine, yet effective
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1