Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Critique my routine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jakewarren

PostSubject: Critique my routine   Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Hello, basically im new to calisthenics, used to lift weights but have been out of training for a couple of years so thought id have a fresh start with some bodyweight stuff. Im looking to build strength rather than size and hope to one day be able to do freestanding Handstand, planche and front lever. At the moment i can do about 10 pullups, 50 odd pushups, 2 "bad form" one arm pushups (legs wide), I have an idea for a program just wanted to get a second opinion.
Every morning and night I will do holds for a total of 1 min aiming to do 1 min in 1 set then moving to the next progression. (Frog stand, tuck front lever, headstand, tuck back lever, planche lean, Lsit)
Then three times a week do pullups, one arm pushups and pistols with an ABA BAB rotation.
Workout A will add 1 rep per workout and B will decrease rest by 10 sec per workout eg:
Week 1
A: 5 sets of 3, 90 sec rest
B: 5 sets of 3, 90 sec rest
A: 1 set of 4, 4 sets of 3, 90 sec rest
Week 2
B: 5 sets of 3, 80 sec rest
A: 2 sets of 4, 3 sets of 3, 90 sec rest
B: 5 sets of 3, 70 sec rest

When I acheive 5 sets of 4 on A, I will reset rest for B and start working it down again with sets of 4 instead of 3.

Planning to have A weight eventually, not sure if to add some pushups and iverted rows for endurance work or maybe 1 set of wall asisted HS pushups and rows to failure to get used to those movements. Im thinking the progression might be a bit slow but not sure.

Any advice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyserSoze

PostSubject: Re: Critique my routine   Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:23 am

Adding some weighted movements might help with the holds
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Critique my routine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1