Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
flesmis

PostSubject: flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla   Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:21 am

Made this for because of return to deadlifts after long time lower back injury, still not 100%, probably never will be.

Props to IronLoo for advices and help. Strongest one is recognized by his wisdom and willing to share it.

Ht: 6´0
Wt: 196 lb
30th May - first testing session after years.

After long warming up did 3 reps with 130kg/293lb. Starting weight for heavy session, for Loo´s suggestion light sessions with app. 90 kg/203 lb.

3rd June - light session
3 x 10 with 90 kg/203 lb
supesetted with 30 bw dips

Notes: lifting up is alright, but i have akward feelings in my lower back within negative phase of movement. Probably my long legs and shorter body don´t help much to my lower back, as I need to bend forward a lot to put barbell down.

Weight will stay the same for about two more sessions of both heavy and light workouts, as I want my lower back to adapt first than slowly rise the weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla   Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:46 am

Great stuff man & yea def do few more sessions to adapt to the weight then add 10lbs. to your heavy set, keep the light weight for a little longer but do 12 reps now instead of 10 still gains to be made there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla   Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:26 pm

If I understand it continues to like twenty reps in light sessions, thi will be probably amazing for conditioning my back. And my mind of course, haha.

I think I remember some of your 20 reps dl endurance workouts.

Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla   Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Weighted cali today.
Pullups: +25kg x 8, + 29kg x 6, +33kg x 4.
Dips: +38kg x 9, +42kg x 6, +33kg x 10

Then cooldown outdoors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla   Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:03 am

9/6 Deads heavy session:

Felt bad from morning, fight it over with 3 sets of 3x 120kg.
Still worried by lower back through negative phase of excercise, hopefully this will stop in a few sessions.

Going out in the evening for cali workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla   Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:58 am

Had to quit deads, pissed off, but my spine just responds badly for them. After consultation we realized, that three lumbar vertebras are out of axis, so no deads, no heavy squats for me now, though I´m able to do light sessions with higher rep range. I´m starting Dorn method therapy on recommendation, this should help to align the spine, after few sessions we´ll see. Till that time only calis in a reduced regime.

I think weighted calisthenics is what keeps it in reasonable state, because of belt pulling it down. So that´s what I´m concetrating on right now plus explosive leg work and grip strengthening.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla   

Back to top Go down

flesmis log - traininhaarrdd unde the shine of Valhalla
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1