Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ironloo

PostSubject: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Over my 9yrs. of training i trained with some of the strongest from bar-barians & other bar-athletes/teams, strong weightlifters, football/rugby/soccer/wrestling/fighting athletes, marines ect. I also been through my own personal trial and errors from being a pure weightlifter for yrs. to doing calisthenics only for yrs. from 1 extreme to the other. You will never know the pro's & cons of anything unless u give each the attention they need on  their own with no distraction this takes time/effort/patience. In time of doing weightlifting only, then calisthenics only i found the pro's & cons of each with an open eye i learned and never let ego blind me from reality. You will find in general(not all) big guys for example a strongman: they will have immense power, and the ability to move external weight with ease known as weightlifting they mastered external force. Yet the same giant struggles to move their internal weight known as body weight training, they will struggle with 50 pullups,70+ dips, 100s of pushups ect. their weakness is internal force. Then you got a pure calisthenics athlete someone who trains w/body weight exercises, usually not as heavy or as big but they can do endless pullups,dips,pushups they mastered their internal force. And usually the same person doing 100s of body weight reps struggles with external force when it comes to moving some heavy odd object other then their body weight, their weakness is external force. So my goal was to train in a way where i can do 50pullups,70+dips,100+pushups &  at the same time have the ability to lift very heavy large objects like atlas stones,trees,farmer walks,heavy squats/deads, log press ect. I wanted to make sure internal/external force were both familiar. So i combined the 2 extremes Strongman training & Calisthenics = Atlasthenics. While switching to this style i gained 45lbs. i went from 170lbs.>215lbs. im much heavier now i can lift muchmuch more then when i was all weightlifter only ,yet at the same time i can do more calisthenic reps/more sets/moves much easier then when i was all calisthenics even with the extra +45lbs i gained.

Now their is much much much more then the style & gains made along the way, most important part of all is the mentality. I wanted to not only do the hardest exercises, i wanted to do them in all seasons all conditions OUTDOORS at all cost the weak stay home. Spring time comes along fresh dose of allergies, doctors love this season and put you on medication i inhaled all that s**t im now immune we train in the spring time. Brutal hott Summer is now here the forecast says heat advisory 100+degrees stay home its too hot, that's when we go we train, we train in the summer time. Fall is now here its getting a little colder, i got leaves in my feet all different colors nice season we train in the fall time. Now winter came the whole fucking world vanished no ones outside, humans wearing 10sweaters bitching about -6degrees, drinking hot chocolate getting fat hiding inside a warm gym fake bulking,labeled as the worst season,everyone is sick/high on pills, news forecast is over dramatic telling you how to fuckingg dress.

That's when you will find an odd group a Clan of BROTHERS/WARRIORS with t-shirts on some barefoot, in the snow/cold  yelling,chest pounding,stone slamming,motivating each other. You will see the bar grasped with bare hand a set of pull ups done f**kk frostbite i bite the frost,eat the snow prove a point-  yea we train in the winter time. @STONEPARK the official training grounds of Atlasthenics.

"EAT PAIN, s**t IT OUT, REPEAT! this is the diet to forge an IMMOVABLE MENTALITY!

Last edited by ironloo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:05 pm

THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!! This  is a clan of WARRIORS who train this style,and live this lifestyle, each with immense willpower bettering themselves in all aspects of life not just workout. Here are the Warriors of THE FORCE each are my brothers.

Last edited by ironloo on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Warrior George aka Yorgos. Height 5'7 Body weight=175lbs.

Last edited by ironloo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Warrior Kieran aka WhiteBear. Height 5'11, bodyweight= 240lbs. This is the only warrior not from NewYork, he is repping hard from the UK just cause he is not near does not mean he is not here.

Last edited by ironloo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 pm

Warrior Anthony aka Gorilla. Height 5'11, body weight=240lbs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Warrior Cory aka TheTitan. Height 6'3, body weight = 245lbs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Warrior Jeff, aka JeffLee. Height unknown, body weight = 205lbs.

Last edited by ironloo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Warrior Joe, aka JoeMan. Height 5'10, body weight=170lbs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Warrior Mike, aka BigMike. Height 5'11, body weight=215lbs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Myself Ironloo, height 5'11-6'0 not 100%, body weight=215lbs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteBear

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 am

Amazing post brother! The Atlasthenic-Warrior way is difficult to capture in words but you did it! Many will not believe or get a real sense of how difficult the lifestyle and training is... We will show all in time how severe it can be. We will show all how far we are willing to go for extreme mental strength!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:00 am

Keep it up!!! Yeah "mastering" many elements/movements is better than focusing only a few.

Also u build crazy mentality toughtness something that many "fit" people miss, to a certain degree i must include myself as well, so as i said KEEP IT UP, you inspire people IronLoo with ur attitude!!!

PS: I have tried the hard "core routine" u have told me before (with the dflags and plank)
I m nowhere near achieving it as i can barely do a dflag (especially after pulling pushing training) but im doing modified version(half dflags, and when cant do dflags switch to leg raises) so i ll achieve it one day!!! Propably i ll upload a vid then as a proof and a thnx to u for the routines u share ^_^ don't die till then with ur crazy training Very Happy

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flesmis

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:52 am

Sick!! Pure truth, you succeed to wake up your inner man, who is so goddam extinct in modern society, human beings.

I agree with the mentality, these days ,,fit" (ridiculous) people are just lazy, finding their way to ease the things, shallowness, all outside, nothing in, for the others´ looks and lifting own egos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:54 am

You already know WhiteBear, we won't quit this is only the beginning.

Thanks Stratos its a good thing if i can help a few,haha i remember the routine its a brutal pyramid from 1-10 with :30sec holds. That modified version is still good man.Keep goinggg!
Also u will see a Atlas stone plank pyramid, with 350/270/225/205/185lbs. stones on my back all in one set.

Def Flesmis not only lazy but not humble man, important to keep humble you won't see any of my vids called set of gods,legendary all this s**t nah. The next day is always harder, always more work to do.Trainnharddd!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Motivation right here! I've been following your posts for 2 years and you, Ironloo, are a true warrior bro!

Keep it up  Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amadeuandrade
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks man, this is all the beginning! Brutal shirts in the making for the warriors to wear during some battles/workouts. This is not a team, this is a Force of strong well rounded athletes who strive to get better in all areas and help each other during any struggle to knock down any hurdle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:33 am

THE FORCE is here! This is not a team this is a small clan of Warriors/Brothers. Each on the same path to strengthen ourselves mentally & physically to meet all challenges in life, while destroying all negativity daily. The front of the shirt represents: In a world that may be weakening in ways day by day, THE FORCE "meaning the group"will stand strong no matter what comes our way. The back of the shirt represents: A Lion to represent your inner beast that you bring when you need it most like working out or any hard time that may be near & the blood red eyes are full of fire/determination! In a world that's weakening day by day, THE FORCE will find another way.Trainharddd!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emachine

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Very good post Loo. I too train cals and strongman lifts. I did just cals for a long time. I noticed a huge strength boost once I mixed both worlds. My only trouble now is balancing out and progressing in both worlds, its very easy to focus on just one for a while, but I do my best to work on both.

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:59 am

Thanks Emachine, your right man the gains are huge. Got to have both of the strengths and not lack in either one. What helps me is keeping both in the same workout, or 1 day after the next. I super sets Like atlas stones+ Deads then drop into weighted pushups or dips = 1set. Then stuff like Logpress+ heavy farmer walks directly into pullups no rest all at the park.I noticed over time of doing this when i do calis alone my reps are much higher and i know its working this combo.Goodluck on your journey man,Trainharddd Warrior!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:16 am

535lb.Deadlift @body weight of 170lbs. this is over 3xs. his weight.

720lb.Farmer walks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Its one thing to lift heavy, its another to lift heavy for 5,6,7+hrs. straight.Warrior Anthony 600lb.farmer walk superset/stone/tire!

Endless calisthenic super-sets!

100kg.x2 Warrior George!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyserSoze

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Awesome stuff... wish I had the room to do all that stuff! So jealous. You made a good point on taking the blinders off... being strong everywhere for anything. That is why I try and incorporate a lot of band training with my weighted pushups/pullups and rows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks man, keep up your hardwork!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:31 pm

After training indoors for 4hrs. we took it outdoors, to train another 2hrs. in a thunder storm pouring rain. 600lb. tire flips till failure is no damn joke especially with a slippery grip. I needed the motivation/yelling from my brother George a true warrior! When there is a warrior next to u who won't quit for nothing you have no choice either, this is how u reach the next level.
Rain/thunder/hurricane/tornado/earthquake/hail- On a warpath, you know we will continue!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm dealing with an herniated disk. I can't do heavy (and fun) stuff like squats, deads, rows, farmer carriers for now, but when recover I'll add some strongman work to my workouts.
Now I only can do bench and shoulder press, pullups and some light stuff  Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amadeuandrade
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!   

Back to top Go down

The Atlasthenics Way + THE FORCE IS IN PROGRESS!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next