Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

strength and endurance difference?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
muffinator

PostSubject: strength and endurance difference?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Lately i have been doing alternating method, pull day and push day. On those days I work on different holds but i also do rep work. Lets take push ups, I'll do 3-5 sets in which i go to failure every time. I feel like i'm not making much progress though. Before i used to do 1 set for 5 different exercises, back to back, 10-15 reps, no rest between and then after the 5 sets i would rest and repeat. So what I am asking, if there is an objective answer for this:

Is it better to do smaller sets (10-15 reps rather than burn sets) for gaining reps? In the past i felt this might have been more helpful for me but is there an exact method to it?

Also, gaining more reps, is that strength or endurance?

What i want to do is an advanced movement such as a one armed push up but also want to build in endurance so any tips?

Thank you =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soccerguy

PostSubject: Re: strength and endurance difference?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Their are several different ways:

Grease the Groove: you do about 50% to 60% of your max throughout the day usually once
every hour

Reverse pyramids (or ladders): you start at a high rep (sometimes not that high) and work your way down like this: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 in my experience :30 rests works the best

pyramids: you start low then go high and work your way down like this: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 I don't have much experience with these

high rest: you pretty much 80% to 90% of your max with 4:00 or 5:00 rests

I am sure their are other methods out their you just need to experiment and always remember to increase reps
Back to top Go down
View user profile

strength and endurance difference?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1