Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rings vs Bar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xk92

PostSubject: Rings vs Bar   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm a beginner. Can i start working out with rings or do i have to get to a certain level first? what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Well in my opinion u can normally work on rings as u could on ur pull ups. If u can do at least 1-2 pull ups then its totally ok, if not it maybe just take u some more time to get the 1st pull up there. BUT in many rings u can change the height easily so its a good way for someone who can do pull ups or cant do many progress easily with Bodyweight rows.

Well ring dips is oneother beast , but u asked for pull ups bar vs rings Razz But the more difficult the better, in rings only staying above them are hard as hell.

Rings will definetely give u much strength cause of the stability that u need to maintain through the wholve movement.

Hope it helps, BTW welcome to the forum , one other Greek people here Very Happy

EDIT: Just saw ur introduction topic. It looks like u can do 12 pull ups so rings will benefit u much in my opinion. I have worked once with them and it looks like it can help a lot. So my answer is yes, if u like rings , then go for them.

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Use both. Never limit yourself if you have the oppurtunity to train more than just the bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OddBall

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:40 am

Rings are great man. Play around with them and see what ya can do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xk92

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 pm

thank you all.... well i'm gonna buy gymnastic rings as soon as possible and see how it's going..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xk92

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm

1stratos1 wrote:

Hope it helps, BTW welcome to the forum , one other Greek people here Very Happy

thanks a lot. I'm really happy to see that other greeks are into calisthenics too!! Keep training!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jean-sebastien

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Rings are amazing. I got mine 1 month ago and yes in the beginning even holding at the top of a dip is hard. But my form and power on parallel bars has skyrocketed since practicing with rings. Rings will litteraly destroy your body (in a good way). All your upper body muscles get worked at the same time. They are also more gentle on your wrist (this wasnt an issue before but now i feel the difference when using the bars.) i used to not get that sore after dips and pullups, but now i get extremely sore after doing rings. Not soo much on the pullups but the levers.
Your forearms will also explode with the rings.

I really love bar work outs but the rings are a notch ahead.there is nothing you cant do with them.

I do both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:28 pm

What's your opinions on Rings guys?

I mean, apart from the skill, does it actually do more for muscle building?

It's like, doing a Pullup with gloves and a perfect thin bar, or doing them bare hands on a really thick rusty bar. Is it just about the grip?
I'm guessing with rings it's more about the stabilizing muscles and core right?

Buckman

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:55 pm

what about heavy pull ups and dips on bars and slow strict on rings, eg bulgarian dips
i am going to get them in future
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:54 pm

I do both of them.I always switch it up, i usually do them at the end of a whole workout or in the beginning strength sets. some pretty good routines to add in.

Usually after the whole workout:

Ring pushups under 5 sets get over 100 reps w/1min. rest,
+
Ring/bar dip super set shocks muscles increases dips.

20+ ring dips no rest + 20+ bar dips as many sets consecutive reps, 3-5min rest.
+
1 ring fly 1 ring pushup = 1 do this for 10 reps x 5 sets 3min rest.
+
Ring rollouts 5 sets x 10 reps 2min rest
+
1arm ring rows 5 sets x 10 reps each arm x 3-5min rest
+
10sets x 10 reps full range L-sit pullups rest 3-5min.

Justa few you can get very creative on the rings thats what i like about them, they move in all angles and heights and are portable so u can go to the woods and hook on a tree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rings vs Bar   

Back to top Go down

Rings vs Bar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1