Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikey1995

PostSubject: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 pm

if you can do a TRIP CLAP PUSHUP and/or a KUKI PUSHUP.. what progressions did you use to get there? please help me with your step by step progressions and everything you did.
thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

I dont know the Kuki Push ups. But i was able to do triple clap push ups. 1stly when u do double and triple u push with ur legs to the ground and maybe bend a bit ad ur back like making ur butt go a bit higher, it helps a lot like this to do it.

Ok 1st thing u must do easily is the push up. U must do something like 20 easily without much strungle.
Then u can add to ur routine clapping push ups, either at start of a set when u feel fresh to the 1st clapping and continue with normal. Either do them before ur normal push ups. Or do them as a skill after ur warm up before ur workout but without going to failure.
Then when u can do something like 10-15 clapping push ups and u feel like u can get much air i can try double clapping push ups but both claps in front of u. If u feel like u got it try clap push up behind the back. 1st time i tried this i landed on my chest to the floor, lucky it wasnt my chin...

Do it on a soft mat better for ur safety and try to push with ur legs as i said plus bend a bit at ur back.

Then when u can do like 4-5 of these and u feel like u can get it try one clap behind then in front so in case u cant do it u have ur hands in front to land safely. Then it goes the triple.

Hope it helps. The numbers here are for example most important is to get push ups and clapping push ups down and then u progress when u feel like u got it and have much air so u can do the extra clap Smile

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpullup2

PostSubject: Re: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Do you mind saying what a Kuki Pushup is?

View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

1stratos1 wrote:
I dont know the Kuki Push ups. But i was able to do triple clap push ups. 1stly when u do double and triple u push with ur legs to the ground and maybe bend a bit ad ur back like making ur butt go a bit higher, it helps a lot like this to do it.

Ok 1st thing u must do easily is the push up. U must do something like 20 easily without much strungle.
Then u can add to ur routine clapping push ups, either at start of a set when u feel fresh to the 1st clapping and continue with normal. Either do them before ur normal push ups. Or do them as a skill after ur warm up before ur workout but without going to failure.
Then when u can do something like 10-15 clapping push ups and u feel like u can get much air i can try double clapping push ups but both claps in front of u. If u feel like u got it try clap push up behind the back. 1st time i tried this i landed on my chest to the floor, lucky it wasnt my chin...

Do it on a soft mat better for ur safety and try to push with ur legs as i said plus bend a bit at ur back.

Then when u can do like 4-5 of these and u feel like u can get it try one clap behind then in front so in case u cant do it u have ur hands in front to land safely. Then it goes the triple.

Hope it helps. The numbers here are for example most important is to get push ups and clapping push ups down and then u progress when u feel like u got it and have much air so u can do the extra clap Smile

ok thank you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 pm

mrpullup2 wrote:
Do you mind saying what a Kuki Pushup is?

a kuki pushup is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaBlmvrtJrU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

So kuki push ups is something like jumping push up with clap behind the back?? If the answer is yes then i guess when u can do triple clap push ups u ll be able with some practise soon enough to get them.

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 pm

1stratos1 wrote:
So kuki push ups is something like jumping push up with clap behind the back?? If the answer is yes then i guess when u can do triple clap push ups u ll be able with some practise soon enough to get them.

yes ok.. thank you so much! Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cerkiukas

PostSubject: triple clap pushups   Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm

go to youtube and search for "rosstraining triple clap pushup tutorial'. great tutorial by a monster. what also helped me is to do it with your legs spread as much as possible and use some hips to get as high as possible when performing triple clap pushup. Its not that hard how it looks once you get how it is done. Smile good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS   

Back to top Go down

FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO A TRIPLE CLAP PUSHUP AND/OR KUKI PUSHUPS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1