Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

push ups routine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckman

PostSubject: push ups routine   Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:32 pm

do you consider 30-40 push ups as endurance or strength? i am stuck there and i need a routine to increase my numbers or strength ... I am doing push ups for few months and its a shame most guys are starting at 50 and i am there ...

you can check my log
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm

What helped me is doing grease the groove, the reps come everyday seriously. The way i did it is lets say your maxout is 40. You do 35 push ups every 15 mins or even 10 if you can. The numbers add up throughout the day and your reps will go up. This week e.g your doing sets of 35 push ups. Next week its 40 and so on. The reps will come everyday. Hope this helps

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm

you suggest do this every day? and i should drop push ups from my upper body routine then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Well doing it everyday you'll get some people that say you shouldn't, it's too much / overtraining. I would do this everyday, you ever think that maybe your undertraining lol. And still keep push ups in your routine or if u want switch your routine push ups to diamonds. After your routine wait about an hour for your muscles to recover after you eat and stuff then get back to it. Craazy gains daily. But like I told u something easier than this for you would be just adding dips to your routine. Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am

thanks i never done this training method before, i am going for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hak

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:33 pm

I do the same as Simba suggested, however i do a 25 secs rest between each set for a total of 6 reps but i do not too that much reps, also i do it every 2 days cause i have other exercise in my routine and i am not able to do it everyday for now, but like Simba said try it everyday and see how it goes for ya but you will get a result thats for sure.
Let us know how it goes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Error#blade

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:03 pm

hey guys I just want to ask is it better to do one arm push ups til max for increase in my regular push up number? I can do 25 one arm per hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:47 am

Grease the groove is good, but they are explaining it differently. GTG is this: Do 50% of your max several times SPREAD THROUGHOUT the day. So for example, do 20 pushups every hour for 12 hours, and that is 240 pushups on the day. Then, as that gets easier, do maybe 20 pushups every 30 minutes throughout the day. If that gets too easy, then increase your reps each set (so do sets of 30)

Another way I have increased my pushup reps:

max parallel dips
immediately after do max pushups

rest 5 minutes in between sets, repeat as long as desired
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Error#blade

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:35 pm

My routine is: Max one arm push up (feet touching each other),after u max that go right away on normal push up and max it again, after that go incline push ups and max it...rest 7-8min
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: push ups routine   

Back to top Go down

push ups routine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1