Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

learning handstand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckman

PostSubject: learning handstand   Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 pm

can i learn handstand just by trying free HS without wall?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: learning handstand   Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Of course man.Thats how i learned, i learned it my first day just be prepared for a lot of falls and be fearless upside down. I ended up on my first day getting 1 push and a negative descend into planche.If you saw my FB vid you laugh a lot .I was falling bunch w/ kneecap smashing falls , till i got the hold.Just be relentless. And you should prob not learn on the concrete like me first time, unless u trust your balance.Goodluck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: learning handstand   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm

i was just trying to do it for fun when i have time, put my palms on ground and bounce with legs up. i dont know if i am straight but i can balance for few seconds if i get the HS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monkey_business

PostSubject: Re: learning handstand   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes you can :-). The advantage of training with wall is that you get a good feeling and learn to get into the position.

But if you can do it without ... do it.

If you want to do HS Push Ups take the wall first :-).

kossminn

PostSubject: Re: learning handstand   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:29 pm

A correct (and pleasant looking) HS is more then just balancing on your hands. The most common mistake that occurs when learning free stand is the arched back and closed shoulders. You need to train your body to align properly (hands, shoulders, ribcage, hips, legs) and this is usually easier with a wall or a spotter. If you're just balancing with improper technique your nervous system will be set up for this position and it will be hard (not impossible, but hard) to progress towards a correct HS.
Just my 2 cents Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monkey_business

PostSubject: Re: learning handstand   Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 am

kossminn wrote:
A correct (and pleasant looking) HS is more then just balancing on your hands. The most common mistake that occurs when learning free stand is the arched back and closed shoulders. You need to train your body to align properly (hands, shoulders, ribcage, hips, legs) and this is usually easier with a wall or a spotter. If you're just balancing with improper technique your nervous system will be set up for this position and it will be hard (not impossible, but hard) to progress towards a correct HS.
Just my 2 cents Smile

I totally agree with it.

I am doing handstand for a long time now and don´t think it´s a perfect one.

another tip for HS:

Keep attention of you palms. If you really master the handstand your body is straight and you just adjust with you hands/fingers while the palms have full contact to the ground.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: learning handstand   

Back to top Go down

learning handstand
Page 1 of 1