Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:33 pm

How much Running/Cycling, the main cardio exercises? I cut back a lot on this, I used to be a Boxer and so I was very thin as it was all cardio and Sweating mainly and endurance/toning. Now I'm bulking and gaining so I cut back, total different program.

But how much do you lose on stamina I'm wondering...

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Zef says he does all his cardio in his room so burpees and stuff like that. But I know that ironloo is into runs, even weighted, not sure how much of that he does...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Cheers Simba.

Yeah. I've got down to Running once a week.

I ued to go 3 to 4, plus Boxing 3 times, last year *lol* Much has changed, more Muscle and weight I have now Definitely, but less Stamina.

I nearly always sweat when doing Legs atleast, Squats and things...

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Yea Simba is right. I run with vest in the range of 20-110lbs. I run always in the 2-3mile range at relentless pace. I keep strict standards no matter what i must run the 3mile route in under 20 minutes as this is the standard even with the weight vest i have to keep this time. I got 2 routes one in the streets, the other through the woods i like the woods better cause i get to hop under over logs,sand,obstacles more fun that way. I do the steps by the beach to 10-20 times nonstop the flight is a set of about 90 steps.

I noticed something with running. Whatever strength you have now, the higher your cardio fitness is the higher capacity your whole body will have that means even the upperbody it helps. It helps with everything. I always wanted to lift a lot, good calis, and strong cardio.Hard to obtain all 3.You shouldn't lack in neither no matter your goals.Running helps enhance your endurance/strength you already have it makes you more efficient, that's what i learned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BLKB

PostSubject: Re: How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm nowhere near at you guys levels for calisthenics, but running plus bodyweight in the same session is a killer exercise. Combine a run that's pretty tough with calis that's pretty tough and you'll finish feeling like you've been hit by a car.

Finding a park with pullup and dip bars (or anything you can use) then do sets of calis on each lap is a great workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?   Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 pm

ironloo wrote:
Yea Simba is right. I run with vest in the range of 20-110lbs. I run always in the 2-3mile range at relentless pace. I keep strict standards no matter what i must run the 3mile route in under 20 minutes as this is the standard even with the weight vest i have to keep this time. I got 2 routes one in the streets, the other through the woods i like the woods better cause i get to hop under over logs,sand,obstacles more fun that way. I do the steps by the beach to 10-20 times nonstop the flight is a set of about 90 steps.

I noticed something with running. Whatever strength you have now, the higher your cardio fitness is the higher capacity your whole body will have that means even the upperbody it helps. It helps with everything. I always wanted to lift a lot, good calis, and strong cardio.Hard to obtain all 3.You shouldn't lack in neither no matter your goals.Running helps enhance your endurance/strength you already have it makes you more efficient, that's what i learned.

Thankyou Very much Ironloo a Fantastic post, much information and advice, really helped. I will keep doing my running. You're right, it's as if Cardio is the base for the other 2 anyway, or atleast a big factor.

Thankyou BLKB, indeed, I think running at a park and doing Calis aswell in the same workout is Killer workout, especially for cardio and general fitness. It maybe wouldn't suit me now as I'm doing weighted training only.
But it sure is one of the best things I believe, training that way-

Cheers.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?   

Back to top Go down

How Much Running does a Bar-Barian do?
Page 1 of 1