Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

HIIT after workout?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kossminn

PostSubject: HIIT after workout?   Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:59 am

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking on introducing some HIIT after my regular workout, but I'm not sure this is a good idea. My work-out for now consists in gymnastics fundamental strength exercises (including FSP). As for the HIIT, I want to introduce some high intensity barrel walks at the end of my regular workout. The purpose is to add some cardio into my routine for faster weight loss and better lung capacity.
So, what do you people think, will this strategy do any good, or does it have its downsides?
It's also worth mentioning that I usually train 3-4 times/week depending on my free time, so including HIIT in the other days would be very difficult due to my work program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kossminn

PostSubject: Re: HIIT after workout?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Nobody?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: HIIT after workout?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 pm

Well for fat loss i think it works pretty well as ur body has already used many stored carbs, its something similar to morning workout without having ate anything before.

The only downsides i can see is that u wont be able to work 100% cause of fatigue from the workout plus be careful not to stress to much ur self , so u can try it twice per week at start and maybe go it 3 per week later.

Its good to wait an answer from a more professional than me BUT the most important is to try it urself, this is the best method to find out if it helps or not Very Happy

Hope it helps Smile

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kossminn

PostSubject: Re: HIIT after workout?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks for your answer Stratos. Your argument about weight loss pretty much makes sense to me, albeit I'm no expert either. I will give it a try as soon as the weather warms up a little (otherwise the water used as ballast in my barrel will freeze and crack the barrel).
Any other opinions are welcomed Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIIT after workout?   

Back to top Go down

HIIT after workout?
Page 1 of 1