Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stratos Training Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm

3/7

Sored today, tired and with little time in my hands.

Warmed up and done
3 sets of 1 pull up as slow as possible rest about 5mins
3 sets of 1 dip as slow as possible rest about 5 mins

superset of bodyweight rows,push up on handles and 5 sec L-sit on push up handles : 10-10-5sec,9-9-5.....,5-5-5sec then 15-15 and 1 min plank, rest about 10sec between the "supersets"

Stretches and thats all...

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:04 pm

5/7

Gone for CLimbing at Acharneis, Parnitha
Climbed on lead, Aperanto Galazio 4c/5a?
Climbed on lead, Roukounas 4c+/5a+?
Tried to Climb on lead, Asterix 6a+ , it has a really weird/difficult move. Couldnt do it the regular way, tried other ways many times but failed... but im always there.... used the quickdraw to pass this move and continued the route, which actually means i didnt succesfully climbed it on lead.
CLimbed Obelix 5a? on lead, and also descended.

Thats all for today, not too much but i tried Asterix's move like 6-7 times??? took 1-2 big rests and 1-2 small ones between the tries...

Next time propably i ll get it!!!

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:23 pm

6/7

Gone at Korakofolia, Parnitha for climbing.

DOne on lead a 5c? (Kopsi Korasidon) for warm up, it looked pretty normal...
DOne on lead a 6a (Bonsai) (flash, that means 1st try but on the hard part they told me the move/how to do it)
Done on lead a 5c not difficult but more challenging than the 1st one.

Nice day even if i didnt climbed that much!!!

edit:
On this climbing "place" there is a GREAT pull up bar (actually a bar attatched on 2 trees) and i ve done some muscle ups there (like set of 5-6? and 1 on 2-3) , a backlever, propably reached parallel to ground and found it relatively easy to hold , looks like now that im about 87-87,5kg helps a lot on these kind of moves. And done a set of 1-2 ultra wide pull ups, archer pull up both sides and a pull up behind the neck.
So nothing serious just trying soem moves, and playing on this great bar.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 pm

7/7/2014

Played basketball with soem friends for like 2 hours, the 1 hour was pretty intense , the 1st one u could call it warm up Razz

Thne gone wih my BMX to martial arts for 1 hour (lost the warm up, cause of basketball, but its ok) but didnt done much this 1 hour there, some Wooden dummy aplications/forms and grapples with a friend twice.

The difficult part is always to get back from there as my home/area is in bigger height that my Martial Arts academy Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:35 pm

At 10/7 i ve done soem warm up and some pull ups and push ups, nothing serious.

At 18 i ve left to Larisa, slept there to a friend and the next morning we have gone to start our hiking/trecking to mount Olympos!!!
3 great days up there, reached Mytikas peak (2918), Skala,Skolio and Profitis Ilias. We stayed the nights at the refuges( 1st day at 2100m Agapitos, 2nd day at about 2760 at Apostolidis). It was exhausting but rewarding at the same time, legs tired, back as well from the 10-12 kg backpack having except the peaks' paths.

I ll propably go again one day and also if i ve got more experience at climbing i ll climb there as well ^_^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:14 pm

15&16 gone for 1,5 hour easy Wing Chun training

17/7

Done some tennis-ball jungling for like 30mins and some handstand practice for like 30mins, some jumps in jumping rope, easy stretchign and thats all more or less.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 am

18/7
I was giving "exams" in martial arts (Wing Chun) for the next level (aka belt) but cause of no warm up and propably of general tireness etc one shoulder done a small cracking noise (or i just felt it) and then got some small pain behind the shoulder. Also both shoulder in front was sored so thought i ll take some rest anyway to avoid any serious injury.

22/7
Yesterday ive gone to the beach and swimmed a bit, looks like it made some good ^^

Today: I ve gone in the morning for some walking/jogging at the mountain nearby for like 1hour in total.

Propably in 2-3 days i ll slowly start up pull ups etc again, its almost before vacations so i hope i keep some activity even if i go away from home ^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Playing some basketball here and there or going for a swim.

25/7

Warm up
rest is as much as needed on all sets
2 sets of pull ups till 30 (22+4+3, 15+8+...)
10 sets of 6 chin ups good form chest to bar
on last 2 i ve superseted them with 25 dips.

5 sets of 20 dips
3min plank
30 rock the boat (abote the straight bar, knee site and bend ur waist to one side = 1 rep

Stretch and thats all for today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:36 am

26/7

Gone for Climbing at Acharneis.
Done on lead
Aperanto Galazio 4c/5a
Trizonia Direct 5a/5b?
Driidis 5b/5c? but took a rest before the crux (hard part)
Driidis again took a rest on crux and done it going a bit further to the left which get easier but more dangerous in case of fall.
Obelix 5a?

Thats all, didnt push myself hard today , but it was a decent climbing day Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 pm

27/7

Gone for some swimming but found soem rocks about 4m high but also about 3m deep so it was really good for some climbing Wink (something like deep water solo/bouldering). Found one difficult route tried about 9 times finished it like 2 times, and found one easy one done it 3/3

28/7

Cardio/Leg day today.

Done a warm up some jumping jacks to burn the calves,
then done
2 sets of 30 squats on top position u kick with the one leg, then change kicking leg
1 easy set of lunges with knee at the top.
2 sets of jumping knee with the back leg, didnt count reps just done till i get tired.

10 sets of 20 squats
1 max horse stance (like 3mins?)
1 max plank
1max wall sit

super set
20 v-sits, 20sec one leg back bridge
15,15 etc til 5/5.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:55 pm

29/7
Gave blood so i didnt worked out, but i ve learned that if i want i can workout before the blood donation, so maybe the next time i ll do a light workout before, not that resting is bad but oh well...

30/7

Gone for lcimbing at Acharnis, Parnitha.

I didnt climbed so much but i ve done something that im proud of.

Climbed on lead
Xalarouita 4?
Roukounas 5a/5b?
Asterix 6a/6a+? i ve rested once and failed twice to pass the hard part (crux) but i ve done it finally!!! Other times i wasnt able to climb the crux even with rest etc, but this time i ve found my way to do it (most ppl do it in oneother way but i dont know i just cant....)

31/7

Warmed up and done
2sets of chin ups /w my hitting bag (40-45kg?) 1ok rep, 1 good rep, 1 half rep with a small hold
1 set of chin ups /w my hitting bag plus 15kg so like 55-60kg? for 1 half rep and 1/4 rep with a tiny hold.
3sets of pull ups /w 15kg (8-7-7)
3 sets of 5 high pull ups
3 sets of 10 pull ups
rest as needed but i ve done a bit less as it was getting lighter.

Hold /w L-sit, 1 at top, 1 at mid 1 at barely bended, so a total of 3 sets.

4 sets dips w/ 15kg (20,16,16,20)
30 dips
15 dips
3 sets of 30 push ups
1 set of 30 push ups 30 sec plank, 20 push ups 20 sec plank.

some abs work like we do in wing chun (supersetting crunches changing leg positions, side crunches, side leg raises etc etc)
some back work (back extensions)

160 partial diamond push ups

Stretch and thats all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:26 pm

20/8

Done a mini workout and tried how easy i could do rested 50 push ups, i ve done 55 (non stop) but my form wasnt fully lock out to chest to ground, something less on both movements. Still i wanted to see cause i want to work for the old old old BBR which u needed to do something like 40-20-50-5 in 6 mins or something.

21/8
Gone for CLimbing at Sesi

-Done a 5c 4.Anemona
-Done top rope a 6a and if i remember well without any rest on rope 2.YAKINTHOS
-Tried top rope a 6b 3.Narkissos, gone about half way but after that i couldnt climb it even with multiple rests.
-Tried top rope a 6a+ 7.Asteri achieved about 1/3 couldnt pass the crux.

Not too bad for climbing after about half month+

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:38 pm

23/8/2014

Warmed up well with some extra jumping jacks and jumping rope for some small calf train.

Tried old BBR (40-20-50-5).
I ve done them in 6 mins (1-2 seconds more or less)
BUT the form isnt the best (what i dont like most was the 1st reps at dips and most of the pull ups at the bottom...) AND the muscle ups was short, just above the bar a tiny push cause no space to go more and down, not big difference but i can tell that i could barely push it to full extend if i was able to cause of space.

So im closer than i thought to achieve them. I was aiming for achieving them till my birthday (4 Dec) so i ll either aim for better form and something like 30 seconds faster than the limit or try for (45-25-55-5 under 6 mins or even the normal with the 5 muscle ups at start as well!!!.)

After 6 mins i was still so bumped so rested like 10 more mins (about 15 in total)

then done 30-15 i think-35-5 high pull ups (kipping) in about 5 mins or less

rested like 6-8 mins
done 20-5-25-5 (2 1st was muscle ups other hugh pull ups)

rested like 10 mins and done
1 super set of archer pull ups 10 in total , same for push ups dont remember name for 20 total

rest like 3mins

1 superset of 20 going side to side on the pull ups bar and 40 or 50 bottom of the push up going side to side.

rested like 5mins

Hanging l-sit for like 40 secs (video showed that my legs was bellow parallel but maybe it was the camera's angle or my leg's angle Razz )

rested like 1 min and done one of IronLoo's core routines
60sec plank-10 lying leg raises,50-10,...10-10 no rest
1min+ min plank after

done side lying on elbow leg raises 30 each side
30 side crunches
some lower back work and a 30sec full bridge

Stretch and thats all.

Tomorrow im going for climbing ^^

Last edited by 1stratos1 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:24 pm

24/8/2014

Gone for climing at Korakofolia, Parnitha

Done

-Poios me poion 5a for warm up
-O manos pou gelai 6a on lead + on sight (great one, short but difficult and inclined)
-Anatoli 6a+/6b on lead + on sight BUT failed to climb the crux tried it 3-4 times which 2 of them was a fall then i stropped cause propably it was a bit off my limits plus my left shoulder gave me some small pain from the pressure
-Pnoi 5b/5b+ on lead , pretty easy mostly for cooldown.

Thats all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:55 pm

27/8/2014

Warmed up and done
L- sit pull ups changing grips (12-10-8-6-4-2) on some sets i even breaked L-sit on bottom position to rest a bit, plus my bottom extension wasnt that good...

HSPU /wall 10-5-4

Dirty 30s with advanced plank in the end x 3

Stretches and thats all for today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:07 am

31 Gone for climbing at Acharneis

Done there

-Driidis 5c+ on lead(we actually bypass its harder part by going a bit more left than it must)
-Asterix 6a-6a+ on lead but fell once or twice on the crux but was able to do it again, so propably next time i ll get it.
-Kagkouras 5c+ on lead, i barely climbed it by going a bit more to the right finding a rest and then came back to the route Very Happy
-Puladis 6a+ top rope, couldnt done the 1st crux (it had one more above a bit more difficult), but there was 2 ways, I tried the difficult one , and was almost there.
-Asterix again on lead, to show to a freind of mine how i do the crux cause i do it on the opposite way most ppl do. Well i wasnt able to pass this time the crux and used the quickdraw to pull myself over it but at least i showed him how i normally do it.

Thats all for now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 pm

I didnt much the previous days, mostly i was walking a lot doing a job and giving out advertisement sheets? or whatever. I was doing a bit of work here and there like 10 pull ups or whatever mostly out of a habbit and a bit of hanging work inspired by IdoPortal

8/9

Morning Training: Some 3ball jungling, trying a bboy move thats his main element is handstand and "spinning" and 3-4 handstand sets /w wall except 1.

9/9

BBR Workout:

Warmed up and done modified BBR
35-15-40-5 (muscle ups just chest above bar.) under 5mins with pretty good form (more or less on all sets)
rest like 6-8mins
30-10-35-5 (same) under 5 mins
rest like 6-8mins
25-5-30-5(high pull ups) under 5 mins
rest like 6-8mins
20-5-25-5(high pull ups) under 4 mins

rested like 8mins
superset (modofied Lou's routine)
5 L-sit chin ups,5 sec l-sit on deadhang
60sec advanced plank - 10 lying leg raises (i do them now 5 one hand 5 other not that it make any big difference)
50sec plank-10,40-10...10-10 then 2 min plank (elbows on sweaty place making it difficult to maintain and readjusting the posture... extra difficulty...) , 30 side on elbow leg raises each side

Done then a bridge stretches and thats all!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:30 pm

10/9

Skill Training:

Done some balance on a rail like (my pull up bar actually on the groung make a nice rail for balance ^^)

Warmed up

Done some jungling /w 3 balls, played a bit doing it in horse stance or wall sit, done also 20 squats and 30 as a penalty (u need to find ways to workout more or congrats urself if u done well)

Then done 2 handstand on wall
1 handstand of 10+ seconds (on 3-4th try)
1 handstand on wall

2 sets of 3 skin the cat with small holds/negatives on light tucked front lever and lowered backlever??

plus 6 toes to bar

Stretch and thats all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:38 pm

11/9

Gone for 2 hours Wing Chun training, thought as its 1st week the warm up will be easy but hell no!

12/9

Im a bit ill today, propably was yesterday too but today im just a bit worse.

Gone for easy Climbing session at Acharnis,Parnitha.

Climbed
on lead Trizonia direct 5a
on lead Idefix 5c+?
top rope Asterix didnt done the movements but was too close, actually i ve tope roped it to try one other EASY relatively way of climbing it that my friend (and instructor when i was in the climbign school) done it.
top rope Orestis trying it for 1st time. Achieved it pretty easy, but cause of my height that i was able to grab a good hold that others need 3-4 pretty balancing steps to grab it ^^ sounds like im lucky sometimes Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Not remember what ive done these 3-4 days except monday that i ve done some 3 bal jungling (plus learning a new trick named Mill mess) and some handstands.

17/9/2014

LEG DAY!!! (wanted to go for upper body but left hand tricep above elbow give soem weirdo pain, looks like its nerve and nothing serious, or a hit on the tendon or something..., so that why leg is the only way)

Warmed up and done like 500 jumping jacks making my calves burning as hell (small pain as well).

Rested like 4-5 secs and done

/w my backpack of like 14kg no removing even at rest times.

Squats with extra hitting bag bearhugged (so like 14 + 45 = 60kg)
12 plus 1 squat with the bag on each shoulder without touching the ground till the set is done. For 3 sets with 2min rest.

Squats with extra 2 dumbells of like 15kg total (about 30kg total)
12 x 3 sets /w 2min rest
on last set ive superseted with 1 min plank with backpack on (above shoulders but still...)

rested like 3-4 mins and REMOVED the backpack after the plank.

Done a hard set of either 30kg total squats with 15 reps or 15kg with 20 reps, cant remember.
rest 2 min and done
5sets of 15kg with the 2 dumbells. /w 2 mins rest

Done a 2 min plank after 2 mins rest and rested like 1-2 mins later

2 sets of 12 lunges with 15kg (6 rep each leg) /w 2 mins rest.

rested like 3mins and done a superset of
Squats 10 reps @30kg 10 reps @15kg 10 reps @7,5kg 40 reps BW
well on other sets most squats were pretty deep but here most wasnt especially the last ones Razz
About 30 secs horse stance, not too deep caust coudlnt hold it, and about 1 min wall sit, after like 20 secs i was forcing myself not to drop using my hands on my knees trying to reduce some of the weight on the legs...

after that no actual rest, done some glut raises, 5 on one leg doing boths (i could do more if they werent like ready to cramp hard) and like 20 reps both legged and a hold on top.

Rested about 5 mins,

10 toes to bar
suppersetted with the Loo's routine
60sec plank-10 lying leg raises,50-10...10-10
plus 30 sec side plank 1 legged both sides,
100 reps touching each side with ur hands while twisting (u are like hald way of a sit up)

and then ive done 3 sets of 15 pull ups with good form. doesnt counted rest, just wanted to do some.

plus 2sets of headstand hand assisted (no wall), wanted to do it on forearms plus head but couldnt balance that well, tried it but prefered the other cause triceps was better as well.

(About 267 squats and lunges done, not too bad i guess.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:57 pm

From the leg day i have some back pain on a particullar small part of motion. Even if its sharp it looks like its nothing serious just from the workout after effects.

19/9

Gone for 1+ hour wing chun.
Didnt gone for the warm up cause of high leg pain and small back pain. Still they got tired a bit.

20/9

Gone for climbing at Karavi, Ymmitos. (The grades i type are "Strict" so actually somewhere else it could be graded as more harder route)

Climbed on lead
25 and 26 (4+,4-)
13a 5a
2 5b (pretty hard , glad i ve done it)
5 (5a, rested just before it gets easy... harder than 13a and 13 IMO)
13 5a rested just before it gets easy
7 5b

29 4+
no rest
27a but near 27 which is easier. (fell once, rested once)

Thats all, came back ate something and gone for 1-2 hours basketball.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:55 pm

21/9

Skill Training:

Jungled with 3 balls for like 30mins or something.
Done 10 push ups cause i suck at jungling as a punishment Razz

3 sets of handstand wall assisted (These really helps to improve you free handstand if u hold it fingers touching the wall cause its the right place to stand upside down plus need some balance not to fall right where u came)
1 30sec free handstand
1 10sec free handstand on push up handles
1-2 more tried without any good result...
2-3 more free handstand tries without any good result.

Squat possition at bottom and small stretch and thats all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 am

23/9

Morning Skill Training?

Warmed up a bit mostly doing Wing chun forms.
2 times Shiu Lim tao
2 times the advanced one but one 1 leg half form other leg the other half (new way of doing it , it not exactly one 1 leg its a bit harder and need to be a bit stiff on the core to maintain it)
1 time one other form.

Some balance on rail at home. Tried doing the advanced form but when i try to get in position just cant hold it...

Some 3 ball jungling

4 sets of 10 pull ups changing grips with form focused especially at start i was doing chest high and pause for a sec.

2 sets of 30 good form push ups.

Mild Stretch and thats all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:50 pm

24/9

About 10 mins jungling (and some hanging)
2+ Hours Wing Chun training. The warm up was decent.

PS: I try to hand a bit everyday even if its not like 7mins total that Ido Portal suggested. I try the same for bottom squat position but i usually forget it, same not doing 10mins total but still its better than nothing ^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 pm

25/9

Gone for climbing but cause of rain we ve done 1 hour at an indoor climbing gym (bouldering)

then gone at Acharnis hoping it wont rain again , done 1 climb (5b+?)
and left cause of rain :/

Gone for 1,5hour Wing Chun training, lost the warm up, but the other part was still hard for shoulders etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   

Back to top Go down

Stratos Training Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next