Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stratos Training Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
1stratos1

PostSubject: Stratos Training Log   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Well i m not sure if i ll keep it updated but i hope to Smile

So my normal workout will be something like:

Warm up

[Pulling]
Real Wide pull ups
Wide Pull ups
Neutral Pull ups
Pull ups
Close grip pull ups
Chin ups
Close grip chin ups

Hang about 5 sec dead hang then 5 reps then about 5 sec on top this is one set. Rest 1-2 mins
and when i do all the sets i repeat them once again so 5 reps(/w holds) X 14 sets
PLUS
2 sets of australian pull ups for 10 reps (one is like pull ups grip other like chin up grip), if it needs i stop and continue the reps after a bit ( for example i faild on 2nd set to do whole reps so broke it in 2 sets)
This whole pulling sets takes me like 35 mins.

[Pushing]
Wide Handstand Push Ups /w wall
Handstand Push ups /w wall
Wide Straight Bar Dips
Str. Bar Dips
Close Str. Bar Dips
Dips (trying to be straight to engage more triceps)
Dips (leaning much to engage more chest)
Tricep extensions
Rest 1-2 mins , reps for the 1st 2 exercises (the HPU) are 5 reps and for the others are 8 reps. I do some holds here too but not so strict as at pulling movements. I also here repeat the sets once more.
PLUS
2 sets of pseudo planche push ups feet on chair 16 reps. If i fail to complete reps here then i break the sets like on austr. pull ups.
This whole pushing sets takes me like 35 mins.

I would like to add that for the straight bar dips i try to do kipping muscle up or assisted with legs just for extra practise but i usually fail or do it with one shoulder 1st cause of the fatigue.

[Core]
No rest:
L-sit on floor for like 5 secs
Hanging Toes to Bar 5 reps
Hanging L-st 5 secs (or at least i try to keep them parallel Razz )
Hanging Knee raises one forward and one to each side =1 rep so 5 reps of there
Hanging Knee sit 5 secs then open and close legs for soemthing like 5 reps

Rest and repeat the whole superset once more.

Rest a bit and kill the core with one superset with advanced plank, to both side , plank again then one bridge progression like reverse plank.

PLUS 2 sets x 5 reps fingertip push ups ( to condition my fingers slowly) [added at 10/1/2013]

Stretch do some exercises for shoulder(ratotor cuff) with elastic band
[2setsx15 inner rotator and same on outter but with less resistance plus 2setsx15 scapula push ups then 2 setsx15 scapula discolation or something like this (u do like u rotate ur arms with the band) ]

stretch time to EAT Very Happy

Any feedback is apriciated, i was following some of ironloo's routine but stopped and changed to this "destiny" style workout cause im not much into this and doing this its easier to set some standars for my workouts and push my self a bit. I also will slowly add reps so i wont get injured or at least i hope too Smile

EDIT: WING CHUN WARM UP / WORKOUT

X is the number and it depends on the day , usually we do either 30 or 50.

twisting body left and right, then bending body left and right blah blah

All with straight arm to the sides
Small shoulder circles X both directions, small shoulder movement up and down X times, same but forward and backwards X times, circle on wrists usually 30 time but sometimes we do X times, then something like grapping a really thin rope and release (or u can say like making fist) X times by hand looking forward, one down one up , then put the hands forward and something like the opossite movement (like u want to warm up the opossite muscles) 100 times

then some small neck warm up
then some jogging blah blah blah blah
then at least 200 jumping jacks (never done till today more than 400 but it maybe happen)
then small stretch on calves and generally leg stretches (and stretch same time the back)

then X crunches, then X * 4 crunches with legs up on different position each time, X crunches, X crunches with legs up, then X crunches on side (something like jack knives) each side , then 30 small leg raises(like partial reps) without feet touching ground, 30 scissors , 30 side scissors or whatever, 30 moving legs side to side, 10 doing circles with legs both directions,
then 90 back extensions changing hands every 30 reps (back, middle , above head), stretch abs, back

Push ups time, X number partial reps Wide,Normal,Diamons,Wrists looking on side-> backward same with fists expect diamonds(sometimes we do fists touching and its hard as hell...) here we rest between sets something like 1 min

Then sometimes we do some lunges and squats maybe horse stance , it really depends on the mood.

Then some wing chun punches like 500-600 maybe more (i dont thing someone can do good ones and without stopping but nevermind i rest a bit and continues)

Then some more punches opening the back hand blah blah blah, some combos and FINALLY rest for something like 5-6 mins

I think this take something like 45-55 mins and the rest usually are moderate to easy.

The thing is that we dont rest between exercises ok maybe 2-3 secs when changing from abs to push ups for example.

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor

Last edited by 1stratos1 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:10 pm

9/1/2013 (D/M/Y)

<2 hours wing chun class easy warm up/workout there and easy techniques (one day ill edit 1st post to write more or less what our warm up/workout there looks like)
something like 1 hour sanda (something like kick box) but really easy
It was generally the 1st day after Xmas so we started easily.

Then some leg workout.

15 each leg bulgarian squats x 3 something less than 1 minute rest maybe half minute
(then just to rest legs some one leg calf raises on floor 15 each leg 3 sets no reast between and about 20 secs walk on balls of feet, nothing special just to rest quads,hams as i said.)
15 each leg lunges x3 with something like 1 and half minute rest
(then just some easy work on shins like walking on heels blah blah nothing special)
then 15 squats x4 with half min rest
then go to about 30 sec wall squat then about 30 sec horse stance
some leg stretch and thats all for today Smile

Goals: Be able to do bar-barians requirements in less than 10 mins, 10 good form one hand push ups, 15 pistols, Be able to do one hand holds on bar and controlled negatives, 1 min hanging l-sit, backlever hold for 5+ secs, advanced tucked FL for 5+ secs, advanced tucked planche for 8+secs etc etc

Long Goal (till summer): My 1st OAC,good BL hold, FL hold, bent arm planche, free handstand push ups, l-sit to handstand on handles, v-sit hold on floor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:27 pm

10/1/2013

Was still sored from upper body training and also much sored in lower body!!! Sitting on floor was making my butt hurt!!! Razz

Well done normal workout was a bit more difficult than 1st time but its normal as i wasnt fully recovered from the training the days before. On pushing part i was a bit lazy and finished it about 10 mins later than suposed to do. Plus i failed on 2nd set of close grip str. bar dips.... and generally most sets on both pulling and pushing was near faillure after the 2-3 sets....

I also added finger tip push ups to slowly strength my fingers. 5 reps x2 sets. Fingers was hurting but i guess its cause forearm was tired from the whole training. Anyway i ll add reps and maybe sets here slowly, no need to rush Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 pm

13/1/2013

Done my normal upper body workout easier than last time... bored again and done more time in pushing part.... i lost focus after about 30-40 min of working out...

What i realised it that in pulling sets if i hang on the set even for 1-2 more secs it make some difference on how easily i ll finish the set.

I m still a bity sored on lower body... well doesnt matter tomorrow got martial arts (6-8 wing chun,8-9 sanda or rest it depends and 9-10:30 MMA) and then my leg routine so either way they ll get sored again i guess Razz

Thats all time for Biofreeze(gel that freeze the area) , ice and eat Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:40 pm

14/1/2013

2 hours wing chun, then about 30-40 min Sanda(mostly boxing with some kicks in)
then 1,5 hours MMA. Sometimes like today in our wing chun warm up we do some leg exercises (30 lunges small rest like 1 min 30 squats same rest 30 squats side to side with a kick on the extension). Never the less i done my normal leg workout , there was no question as i skipped one last week Razz .

I was hoding on all exercises (the main not the calf blah blah and shin one as these are secondary and are here just for small conditioning/fun) a 5kg plate and done

15 each leg bulgarian squats x 3 something less than 1 minute rest maybe half minute
(then just to rest legs some one leg calf raises on floor 15 each leg 3 sets no reast between and about 20 secs walk on balls of feet, nothing special just to rest quads,hams as i said.)
(then just some easy work on shins like walking on heels blah blah nothing special)

some leg stretch and thats all for today Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:15 pm

15/1/2013 Well i always type the day i start the workout but till the end most of the time the day has already changed... Razz

Done my normal upper body workout with 5 reps. Today i pushed my self to start working out as i hadnt slept more than 5-6 hours and was feeling sleepy cause of some naps that i took before. In addition i was still sored a bit at upper body, maybe it was from martial arts, plus legs were sored too. Nonetheless i workout but i was w8ing to have low perfomance , BUT it looks like i get used to it a bit and even tired i ve done my pulling sets in 35 (at the last 2 i was doing for sure 3-4 mins more) plus with better rom and feeling easier. Pushing set was better too, i also wasnt wasting that much time as the other times. So in the end it was a good day Smile Smile Smile

Thats all for today, stretch, shoulder exercices , eat rest!!!

PS: Fingers look like starting to get used to fingertip push ups too!!! But maybe it was just today...
I ll know next time Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:48 pm

16/1/2013

2hours wing chun training , plus 40 mins SANDA , plus 1 and half hour mma (actually grappling but i ll still name it mma Razz )

Today we done hard warm up/workout at wind chun. (50 reps on most exercises) plus 25 lunges each leg inbetween
Legs was sored as f.....

Well thats it for today, biofreeze on shoulders, plus some ice right above knee cause looks like i hitted it somewhere somehow....

I ll update now 1st post for our warm up in wing chun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Wing chun = turn into ongbak lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Hehehe Razz

To be more precise ongbak contains muay thai, if u like movies with martial arts
Yip man 1,2 are good one that contains wing chun. If u want check them out personally i liked them. Other good movines in my opinion are The raid redemption, the bourne ultimatum, never back down, blood and bone, jackie chan and jet li movies owns too, undisputed ong bak ofc, and goes one like forever Razz Razz Razz

Ok enough with movies, i got still long road till i get to their level Razz , then the next target will be Dragon Ball Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Good stuff bro. Man I meant to say Ipman not ongbak. The scenes in that are craazy. Bourne ultimatum, never back down, YURI BOYKA, Michael j white, jet li, Steven seagal. The list goes on. Pretty much watched all those movies u listed. Makes me want to dedicate my life to it but then I think about calisthenics. Lol Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 pm

I try to combine them, if u like martial arts i strongly suggest u to search and find a good academy nearby and participate in the classes!!!

Well u can continue checking my log to see how (good or bad) i try to combine them and how i progress in calisthenics even with my activity in martial arts.

If u want to ask me more about martial arts or whatever do it better via pm cause i can talk all day for things like that and this log will be transformed to a dialoge Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 pm

17/1/2013

Done normal workout with 5 reps as always, i tried to do the pulling sets fast but lost my focus on 3-4 last sets and done it in normal time, then my focus was completely off so pushing sets was something like whatever with the time, also big rest between pulling and pushing and core too....

Well at least i done it and didnt give up in the middle Razz

Rest eat and call it a day, actually a night Razz

PS: It looks like i curve my my back making chest look to mich upward as the grip is getting wider or im getting tired... I guess its not that bad but my legs/knees are much forward almost like knee sit pull ups... I ll check it maybe next time...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm

19/1/2013

Didnt gone to martial arts yesterday neither done lower body workout, but my excuse is that i got some higher temps than normal, so didnt want to stress my body.

Today i done lower body workout but cause i usually do it after martial arts i ve done some jumping rope too.
4 sets of 50 jumps both legs,jogging,each leg with something like 1 min rest

then

I was hoding on all exercises (the main not the calf blah blah and shin one as these are secondary and are here just for small conditioning/fun) a 5kg plate and done

some leg stretch and thats all for today.
I ll tomorrow propable do my upper body workout...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 pm

22/1/2013

Yesterday didnt workout and just rested. I wasnt feeling on my best is my excuse Razz

Today slept by mistake for something like 1 and half hour and lost the warm up/workout

So i ve gont 7:10-11 (Done Wing Chun, Sanda, and then soem grappling with a guy there. MMA intructor was missing so we done extra time in Sanda and got the time to grapple instead with my friend there Smile )

Then some leg workout.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:40 pm

22/1/2013

Warmed up , tried normal mode (30+5+5+5+1...+1 = 61 reps if the form is OK then the entry is valid if not its just invalid Razz cause the work done is valid either way Razz )
then done my normal workout with 5 reps , i ll propably step up the normal workout in the new month.

Rest , thats all for today Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 pm

23/1/2013

6-8 Wing Chun Done the hard warm up with 50ish reps.
8-9 Sanda most time done basics, blah blah but many reps of punching all the time in combination with the Wing Chun before killed my shoulders!!
9-10:30 MMA. Actually this time we done basic movement (like box basic movement , with some punches and 1,2 combination). Wasnt w8ing to do punches here to so no need to mention about my shoulders cries Razz Razz Razz

Then done my leg workout :

PS: Tomorrow we ll specialize training to Chi Sao aplications only so i ll go for sure!!! Very Happy
Propably we ll do this every week so i ll try to be there everytime!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

24/1/2013

6:30-8:30 Wing Chun easy warm up (not the regular just some running and stretches) then form practising ( Form mean a set of movements not sure if Form is the correct word in english but anyway) and then some Chi Sao (Sticky Hands is the translation at english, its applications that help u imporeve the touching feeling with ur opponent or something like that). In conclusion nothing really tiring for the body except the shoulder part that always are working in hand movements...

then my normal workout, i did great time at pulling sets but lost concetration and sucked at pushing one.

Thats all for today Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm

28/1/2013

Lost a upperbody workout... too lazy plus university tests is my excuses....

Today i ve gone 6-8 wing chun 8-9 continued with wing chun techniques 9-10:30 MMA

Wont do legs today i ll do them later in the week.

BTW 3 march i m propably go to SANDA friendly fight, so i must get slowly my cardio/ endurance UP cause its really LOW. Plus go at least twice per week and doing some sanda training.

Thats all for today, tomorrow coming for sure an upper body workout!!! And maybe i ll try to go for 6 reps, well see depended on the mood tomorrow Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

30/1/2013

6:30-8 wing chun lost most of the warm up.
8-9 Sanda, more intense than other times, doen there some easy warm up
9-10:30 MMA, didnt rest even 1 min between sanda so the wamr up here looked to me like much tiring....

then some grappling with a friend , but accidentaly my ankle got strained i guess so no legs for today... hope i still get at least twice workouts for legs this week and this ankle dont have any serious dmg and heal fast.

thats all, hope tomorrow i can workout normally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:02 pm

2/2/2013

Well cant call it much a workout but anyway.
So i ve gone outside to a monkey bar.
For warm up done pull ups all the setps it was like 12 bars there. The 1st was full the others was till head touch, wasnt easy to get it inbetween the 2 bars...

Later done some muscle up sets like (1,1 + 10+ bar dips, 3 with something near backlever i think,5,3,2,1 )or something ismilar to this. Some flag tries , nothing special just passed some times outside with the bar Smile

My ankle is still not ok but much better, walking is possible and easy but long ways are not recommened i guess, knee looks ok but im pretty sure on one or two movements it will still give some pain. Hope monday to be ok at least to go to martial arts, and generally to workout normally the next week.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:09 am

YOOO!!!

Im thinking of continuing my training log here as well. Many reasons like more activity on the forum is always good, ones workout maybe motivates somebody, even 1 is more than enough. Also , i tried to keep training log in my pc as a file but didnt updated quite as much... so to tell u the truth keeping an online log sometimes help to keep it updated.

I ll start with this week.

23/6/2014

2hours Wing Chun (30ish warm up, except push ups was 25partial reps 5 full)
then done some easy leg stuff
/w 15kg lunges 10 reps each leg (20 total) with about 30-50sec rest for 4 sets in total.
Done 5 hanging leg raises (chin up grip 90degree elbows) 30-50s rest for 4 sets in total.
Done 10squats and thats all (the thought was to do 4 sets of squats but whatever...)
No stretches after ...

24/6/2014

2hours Wing Chun (50ish.... pretty hard warm up today plus soreness from yesterday..)

then done

2 sets of pull ups till reach 30 rest for about 20-25(didnt stick to lower rest :/) if i cant do it in 1 set. (25-5, 22-10 done 2 more cause of 1min rest....) 5min rest between the sets
rested and done 10-9-..-1 pull ups changing grip etc, rest as needed.

Rested then and done
20reps of wide str8 bar dips on dest, 20 reps of str8 bar dips on desk, 20 reps of bench dip??(the one that ur legs touch the ground), 20 push ups with about 30sec rest between each exercice

3sets of handstand on the wall /w hands as near as possible to the wall (fingers touching)

Then done some tried and achieved 15sec free handstand and 10sec.

Plus a 20sec L-sit on push up handles.
Stretches and thats all for today!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:29 pm

25/6/2014

Gone for 2 Hours Wing Chun training (30ish warm up)
Then done some full squat pasition and horse stance and rest between standing for 20 mins, just changing positions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:21 am

28/9

Gone to A Wing Chun seminar for like 3-3,5 hours.
Thne gone for climbing at Acharnis, Parnitha
Climbed on lead
Aperanto Galazio 5a?
Nisi Trizonia 5a-5b?
Driidis 5c+?
Andriki 5c+?
Obelix 5a?
Roukounas 5b?

29/9

Gone to Wing Chun seminar with the same guy (A french Sifu) for 3hours.

Propably thats all for today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:24 pm

1/7

2 hours Wing Chun (difficult push up there...)
WOrkout after that

2 sets of pull ups till 30, low rest on the sets till goal reached (30, 19,3,3,1,1,1)
drop 10pull ups. /w 5-6 min rest between the sets, rest bettwen drop sets are as much as needed.

3 sets of 30 dips with about 2 mins rest
30 push ups
5 sets of 5 plank and legs slide till body almost touch the ground. /w 20-30 sec rest
1 min plank

Stretch and thats all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:53 pm

2/7/2014

Gone for 1+ hour wing chun with my BMX, havent used it quite much time so legs got tired pretty fast.

After that rested a bit and done a small leg routine.
3sets of 20 bulgarian squats each leg with about 1min rest
3-4 min rest
4sets of 5 jumping squats with about 1 min rest
3-4 min rest
Horse Stance
1min plank

Stretches and thats all for today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stratos Training Log   

Back to top Go down

Stratos Training Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next