Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

12 hour shift jobs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
triggerman12

PostSubject: 12 hour shift jobs   Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 pm

do any of you guys have a 12 hour shift job because i've never had one before and i am applying for pg&e and heard that they may have 12hour shifts.

im wondering will this hinder my ability to build muscle or get stronger because i really want to have a job that i can live on but i also want to be able to workout effectively and know im getting stronger if you guys can help me out with tips or anything it make me really happy thanks and cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
garythenuke

PostSubject: Re: 12 hour shift jobs   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 am

I work for PGE as an operator on 12 hour shifts. Where will you be working? What job classification? Days and nights or just days?
G
Back to top Go down
View user profile
triggerman12

PostSubject: Re: 12 hour shift jobs   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 am

not sure because i havnt got the job but was wondering because to live here in california you need to make a good amount of money to live here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
garythenuke

PostSubject: Re: 12 hour shift jobs   Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am

You can do okay on 12 hour shifts. It really depends on where you work, your commute, how physical your job is, and what your obligations are outside of work. If you get generous breaks, use them to work out. If not, find chinup bars (or trees) and grease the groove the whole shift.

The upside of 12 hour shifts is that you can only work so many of them during the week. So you will likely have more full days off. You can work out on all of your days off and use your work days as active recovery. It's not ideal, but it is doable.

Without knowing the job it is hard to offer specific suggestions. If your job requires rotating shifts you will have to learn to sleep during the day and manage your body much more closely. Best of luck.
G
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 hour shift jobs   

Back to top Go down

12 hour shift jobs
Page 1 of 1