Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Simple question.

I used to do them every other day, so 3 times.

No I do 2 times a week and on the third day I go for a Run instead.

What do yall think and do generally?

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Buckman

avatar

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 23
Location : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:52 pm

2 times a week, sometime 3
but i hit them hard, whole core
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Buckman wrote:
2 times a week, sometime 3
but i hit them hard, whole core

Cool cheers.

I do tons on one day, like many short series of many types, till I'm dead. Feels more like cardio that one lol

The other day I do leg raises with ankle weights.

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
mahalkobalisongs



Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 pm

i been try three days a week the same days i run. Elite-Bars is there a reason you went down to two?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm

mahalkobalisongs wrote:
i been try three days a week the same days i run. Elite-Bars is there a reason you went down to two?

Mainly because by working abs hard every other day, which technically is my Rest day from my main workout, I felt I never had a full rest.

So one of the three days I go running instead. Better anyway for cardio... Since I stopped boxing and started weight training I've lost 'breath' so to speak, in order to bulk a bit.

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
ironloo

avatar

Posts : 1625
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 28
Location : Glen Cove NY

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 am

Daily, different intensity though. Train as hard as your body allows you know your body. If someone ever ?s them self like ex: did i train long enough/hard enough/should i have trained today, one of these thoughts enter your mind then you had the energy all along.Use what you got,if you want to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 am

ironloo wrote:
Daily, different intensity though. Train as hard as your body allows you know your body. If someone ever ?s them self like ex: did i train long enough/hard enough/should i have trained today, one of these thoughts enter your mind then you had the energy all along.Use what you got,if you want to.

Thankyou for the wise words Man, =)

Only a comment, you see the point you made is one that torments me, literally.

That sort of thinking is what I used to put in practice all the time you see...

It's like. Say I finish workout and my last set was to failure. maybe half an hour later I'm trashed and watching training videos on youtube and stuff, and I feel like damn I should do more or so.

But wouldn't that mean overtrain? So now I just do my workout, eat, and rest.

I mean today is rest day, obviously I have the energy to workout right now but then it would compromise tomorrow's main day right...

I donow. So these thoughts of constantly working out torment me, and I'm still not over the shock of eating too much lol Like I find myself eating at midnight, peanuts and milk, and I almost want to throw it up at some points, not because I feel sick phisically, just me obsessed and afraid of gaining fat.

I went from 70 to 74 Kg these 3 months. I gained muscle in my back and triceps and chest mostly I think, but ofcourse atleast 1 kg of that is fat. My abs are still visible ofcourse, but I generally feel more 'meaty' all around my body.

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
ironloo

avatar

Posts : 1625
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 28
Location : Glen Cove NY

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

Make every day your main day, then you won't think that way anymore. In the beginning you will sacrifice the next days performance but if the effort was there the gains will come. In time you will adapt it won't be anything to you then you increase again in every way. That's a good gain to man, yea some will be fat/water but the energy in your muscles increased giving you that powerful feel. If your gaining and still lean keep going you will know when to cut back if you need too.

That thing about over training exist its there, its there a whole lot more for someone not used to high volume/conditioning. I just don't care anymore about what they say i do the opposite forge my own way with how i feel. Ex: they say never to lower the atlas stone in the negative, so i did 70 sets with negatives never felt my arms like this, got to think sometimes maybe there are gains people don't what the masses to have i will find them tho.Every workout is a battle even my simple run through woods i make hell each time.Train hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 21
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 am

I train my abs everyday but obviously at different intensities. On Sunday I usually like to rest but I always end up maxing out on dragon flags in the living room on my sofa and freestyling on the bar.

Alot can be learnt from what lui said. Word of wisdom right there! 70 sets with negatives is mad. Guys lui lost his senses lol. Real inspiration!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 pm

ironloo wrote:
Make every day your main day, then you won't think that way anymore. In the beginning you will sacrifice the next days performance but if the effort was there the gains will come. In time you will adapt it won't be anything to you then you increase again in every way. That's a good gain to man, yea some will be fat/water but the energy in your muscles increased giving you that powerful feel. If your gaining and still lean keep going you will know when to cut back if you need too.

That thing about over training exist its there, its there a whole lot more for someone not used to high volume/conditioning. I just don't care anymore about what they say i do the opposite forge my own way with how i feel. Ex: they say never to lower the atlas stone in the negative, so i did 70 sets with negatives never felt my arms like this, got to think sometimes maybe there are gains people don't what the masses to have i will find them tho.Every workout is a battle even my simple run through woods i make hell each time.Train hard.

Thankyou Sir.
Nothing else to say, I can go now and evaluate things once again...

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Elite-Bars

avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2012-10-05
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Atleast one thing is sure, I'll do Them 3 times a week again Wink

_________________
War does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/RSVandCocacola?feature=mhee
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?   

Back to top Go down
 
How many Times a Week do you Work Abs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» How many times per week to progress
» how many times a week do you train.
» how many times a week do you train for armwrestling??
» What's a good speed workout during race week?
» can you name this work wheel ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: