Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr.G

PostSubject: Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)   Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi guys, I'm 6ft 82kg and have issues with putting on much size to my frame. I've been able to add strength and even with 12inch arms was able to bench 100kg for 5 reps.

My legs are big compared to the rest of me which is mainly due to cycling plus I've naturally always had good legs.

I used to be around 95-100kg but cut down my weight so in always a but cautious with food to not stick on all that fat again.

That being said, I do follow lean gains and consume around 2400cals on rest days and 3500 on training days and tbh the other day I stuck in 5000 calories in my 8 hour window.

Should I just try upping to say 4000 calories or should I just go all out on training days for as much as I can??

Help help appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)   Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Think you'll need to give more details about your training routine to get some advice on this.

For example I would say to do more lower volume but "hard" movements (eg. weighted pulls/dips, levers, advanced static holds) to give you a lot of time under tension and stimulate a lot of muscle growth. And eat more good quality food (don't fill out your calorie intake with crap).

I'm sure others here could give you more advice though.

View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:10 pm

If you wanna get big you have to train big and eat big, simple as that.

Your upperbody isn't big enough than train your upperbody hard with weighted calisthenics, moves with harder leverage, weights if you have them.

After that eat a caloric surplus(only over by like 500 unless you want to get fat) and then presto magic muscles!!!!

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.G

PostSubject: Re: Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Cheers guys. At the moment I eat 500 over maintenance but doesn't seem to help so thinking of just throwing more on (Christmas day will be a killer for me Very Happy)

At the moment I mix up days with full body calisthenics using a 20kg weighted vest for the basics for low rep pyramids and supersets and also high rep work on other days lasting between 1-2 hours depending on how I feel and what I'm doing.

I train very other day to give some rest time between days but even when doing a heavy 5x5 workout my upper body just didn't care and I just gained strength rather than size.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OddBall

PostSubject: Re: Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)   Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 pm

There is more to gaining size than calories. Make sure you are getting the right amount of carbs, enough protein, and enough fats. Also, make sure you are eating your veggies, vitamins and minerals matter too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)   

Back to top Go down

Adding size.... (Yeah that again!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1