Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Opinions on two exercises

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brfc_watts

PostSubject: Opinions on two exercises   Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:43 pm

I would like to know your opinions on these two exercises please:

a) Neutral Grip Pull Up - but on a straight bar so when you reach the top you have to bend your head to go over the bar.

I have right elbow issues and neutral grip is pain free, but I only have a straight bar available to me.

b) The second is a One Arm Pike Pushup. I've never really heard of anyone doing these but I thought it could be great to replace HePU's now my reps are getting high.

What do you think guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpullup2

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on two exercises   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:28 pm

1) This variation is pretty good, and if it is the only one you can do pain free, than do it. If you can get something like an iron gym that has neutral grips, that would be better, because then you can do two versions. The iron gym style bar is around 20$, at least in canada.

2) No experience with one arm, but I like to superset hspu with pike pushups. This meathod works really well, and if you throw in some dumbell raises your shoulders get thrashed. I just tried one arm pikes though, but for balance sake I had to lift my opposite leg. It was bloody hard, and I could only do a couple shaky partial reps, so there may be merit to it.

View user profile

Opinions on two exercises
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1