Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NGN

PostSubject: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Man Herschel Walker must have done 100 reps for each excercise per set at least to get the numbers he says he used to do.

He says he did:
1000 Pushups
1000 Dips
3000 Situps
2000 Squats
1500 Pullups
DAILY! Just trying to wrap my head around that one. All in the space of a couple of hours.
Say each rep is one second. 8500 reps = 8500 seconds = 141 min and 40 seconds....holyshit! Okay now we gotta add in rest time. I will give him 2 min rest per 500 reps because he is a beast. That would be 16 rest periods x 2min = 32 min of rest.
142 min of work + 32 min of rest = 174 min workout. or just under 3 hours of going balls out in 100 rep sets.
100 pull ups per set is not even fathomable in my mind so Im gonna have to call BullSHit. He may have done all this but its not possible to be done in 2hrs time.
Then to top it off he did more sprint work and martial arts after the calisthenics.
Then ALL on about 2000 kCal per day.

How can I reconcile the information here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah the Hershel stuff that people quote is utter bullshit. Yes the man is a beast and was an even bigger beast before but he didn't do all that in one training session. He most likely did at least two training sessions(half and half at least) and in the begining to put on muscle he ate more than 2000 cals.

Now a days he works out more with weights and doesn't do as high a volume and eats probably around 2000 cals a day but he does it all in one meal.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Its hard to tell exactly what he did everyday as he was a bit vague on the details of his workouts. He did say he would do 2000 pushups, 3500 sit ups, 1000 dips, and 1500 pullups.

That is a hell of alot of work and its hard to tell if he did all everyday of did 2 exercises one day and 2 the next.

I would love to know what the hell he actually did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 pm

NGN wrote:
Its hard to tell exactly what he did everyday as he was a bit vague on the details of his workouts. He did say he would do 2000 pushups, 3500 sit ups, 1000 dips, and 1500 pullups.

That is a hell of alot of work and its hard to tell if he did all everyday of did 2 exercises one day and 2 the next.

I would love to know what the hell he actually did.

keep in mind that almost anyone who record 200+ pushups or ANYTHING of that matter, they do it quarter ROM..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Bullshit. I routinely do 500 push ups with strict form

Speak for yourself dude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:10 pm

NGN wrote:
Bullshit. I routinely do 500 push ups with strict form

Speak for yourself dude!

I meant in one set, don't be quick to get angry. I can't do even 100 in one set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 pm

I am quick to react arent I, sorry bro.

Yeah im not at 100 either, did 1 set max of 90 whe n i was 20. Long time ago.

How do you come to your statement? Multiple sets of 100+ should be an attainable goal. 200+ sets would be freakish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 am

Multiple sets of 100 are attainable but who wants to take the rest required to let your muscle be able to do that again. I can hit 90 in a max but if I try again after a 30 sec to a min rest I definitely won't be hitting 90 again. I don't want to take a three minute rest just to do some pushups.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:57 am

BodyweightSoldier wrote:
Multiple sets of 100 are attainable but who wants to take the rest required to let your muscle be able to do that again. I can hit 90 in a max but if I try again after a 30 sec to a min rest I definitely won't be hitting 90 again. I don't want to take a three minute rest just to do some pushups.

Well if your max is 300, doing sets of 90 is not as a hard as it sounds.

But yeah, even though hitting 1000 pushups is not that hard, 1500 pullups seems just waaaay to much for one single day. I'm callin' bullshit ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????   

Back to top Go down

Was Herschel Walker Truthful?????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1