Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A new Calisthenics website!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FPITAS

PostSubject: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:25 pm

If anyone is interested I recently published my website.
If anyone remembers my old html presentations where everything was on one long page you'll be happy to hear that this ain't it Wink

The new website is updated, has lots of stuff in it (currently has 49 inner pages!) and will only grow more and more.

I plan on adding a Gymnastics section in the next few weeks too!

Check it out at: www.neocalisthenics.com

www.neocalisthenics.com

FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:28 pm

Meh

Dunno why but the link doesn't work for me... oh well, just type the address

SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Wish i had the info laid out all there so simple to understand when i started. Looks good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks

This is wxactly why i did it!

m3taphysics

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 am

Great website - going to follow your routines

Im pretty new to this but what is:

GTG - push ups/chin ups e.t.c?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 pm

ah i thought you copy paste this http://bodyweightroutines.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/calisthenics-full-body-weight-workout-routines/#exlist

but you make it new domain, nice Smile
good job on that info
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:41 am

m3taphysics wrote:
Great website - going to follow your routines

Im pretty new to this but what is:

GTG - push ups/chin ups e.t.c?

Umm, GTG has been introduced (publically) by Pavel Tsatsouline and it stands for Grease The Groove.
Simply go to the FAQs section. It explains what it is.

http://www.neocalisthenics.com/faqs.html

Buckman wrote:
ah i thought you copy paste this http://bodyweightroutines.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/calisthenics-full-body-weight-workout-routines/#exlist

but you make it new domain, nice Smile
good job on that info

Yes, wordpress was pretty bad. Now it's a proper website.

By the way, it's pretty fsr from copy-pasting.
The website has almost 50 pages of information, a lot more routines and many of the things have been changed.

I don't think it's for everyone but it addresses issues no other website has... this is why I made it.

I'm working on 2 more sections, one will address gymnastics and the other will be a set of premade workouts from which people will be able to construct a routine that has a lot of prehab work for skill prepping.

But it'll take a few more weeks if not months till I'm finished.

FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:59 am

BTW

Since a lot of people asked me... I added this page explaining what this website is about!

http://www.neocalisthenics.com/aboutwebsite.html

Though I think it's quite obvious and understandable if you ask me Wink

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 am

Your site says Neo Calisthenics(Calisthenics being in the title) I though most of your information seemed to be about bodybuilding ad the calisthenic stuff seemed to be linked to bodybuilding websites talking about calisthenics.

So far I really like the site but to love it I would have to see more articles with varied sources because it seems like you're relying on what your comfortable with(not saying the info is bad just seems incomplete).

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:19 am

BodyweightSoldier wrote:
Your site says Neo Calisthenics(Calisthenics being in the title) I though most of your information seemed to be about bodybuilding ad the calisthenic stuff seemed to be linked to bodybuilding websites talking about calisthenics.

So far I really like the site but to love it I would have to see more articles with varied sources because it seems like you're relying on what your comfortable with(not saying the info is bad just seems incomplete).

I'm not sure that I understand your criticism.

A, I'm not sure what's the problem with linking videos or whatever you had in mind to bodybuilding sources. If I find something more informative I use it, regardless.
A lot of the videos are linked to Scooby's videos because he's a form Nazi and so am I but you'll also find a lot of links to Daniel's videos or others.
The rest related to B...

B, I'm not sure what you mean by "comfortable with". Care to explain?

BTW, in general I find most calisthenics routines / trainees to follow a highly imbalanced routine and at times quite unprofessional ones.
I'm also not a religious person, I didn't get married to calisthenics and similarly I haven't signed anything with bodybuilding too.
There's no question in my mind that most people will not relate to this website but there are a lot who will.

I am quite interested in your feedback though, would just need more clarifications, please.

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 pm

My criticism(sorry it was hard to understand but that came from be beating around the bush) is that for a site called neo calisthenics it seemed to have, comparatively, very little about calisthenics or calisthenic sources.

When I say comparatively I'm talking about the vast amount of websites on the internet dedicated to calisthenics that have more articles about calisthenics and sources to other calisthenic sites.

I understand your criticism of calisthenic workers that follow as you say "imbalanced" routines but you are talking about beginners or the average person just using it to get into shape. The beginning bodybuilder or a person using bodybuilding to get into shape will have an imbalanced or incomplete training log too but we ignore that and look to those who have reached greatness and see what they do.

Do you think Zef is imbalanced? Hanniball? Dozens and dozens of others who can do pistols squats, MUs, front and back levers, and a lot of them can also sprint. You don't even have to go to the upper echelon to see smart training just look at NGN's obsessive diet planning or Ironloo's work ethic with weights and calisthenics.

all I'm saying is you have a very good site I would just like the information given reflect the title a little more. This is just one guy's feedback so choose to ignore it as the ramblings of a crazy man.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:34 am

First of all I like your criticism because I understand where you're coming from.
You have to look at it from my point of view though. Yes there are a lot of resources on the internet but none of them created what I at least attempted to do.
There's a lot of misconceptions and misunderstanding in both worlds (calisthenics and bodybuilding) and that doesn't serve anyone.

The word Calisthenics is vague these days. It means different things to different people.
If you look at what the word used to mean then you'll see it had nothing to do with jumping over bars and spinning around them, etc. that would have been more in the realms of Gymnastics or in fact, Acrobatics.
Calisthenics, in its true sense is pretty simple. It's what people used to do in P.E class, e.g. Running around school, doing push-ups, crunches and pull-ups.
Since I didn't want to argue semantics I decided that due to the added resistance and balanced work, that I'll be better off naming this whole concept a new one.
It is a sub category of Calisthenics for sure but it is not what those who spin around and jump around bars would consider "Calisthenics".... but, it is exactly the sort of information that was missing! Therefore, I meant to fill that void and created my website.

Many people realise it though, Paul (the F0rtress) asked me to write workout articles for his website.

You have people like Kalvin (a friend of mine) from calisthenicsworks on YT.
He doesn't do any straight arm work, no MUs, etc. he's simply using weighted forms of Calisthenics based exercises in order to build muscle mass and strength.
Obviously I'm not that radical because I do talk about Calisthenics / Gymnastics skills and progressions and will do more in future.

At the moment I'm working on two more sections (which will take weeks to months). One is about Gymnastics and the other will be quite complex. It'll have several workout drills for each body part and it'll be up to the reader to make a routine out of them. These drills will have mobility and stabilisation workouts, hypertrophy workouts and skill oriented workouts, that way you can fit all types of work throughout the week and progress with balance.

As for the resources, I accept your criticism.
I'll add more resources from Calisthenics websites... over time.
The problem is that I can find a lot of articles at Scooby's site (which by the way you're wrong there are a few dozens of Calisthenics people there) that have a lot of cited studies. Somehow in a lot of Calisthenics sites they feel that their opinion is sufficient enough - naturally, I disagree.

Now, regarding what you said about Zef or Hannibal:

BodyweightSoldier wrote:

Do you think Zef is imbalanced? Hanniball? Dozens and dozens of others who can do pistols squats, MUs, front and back levers, and a lot of them can also sprint. You don't even have to go to the upper echelon to see smart training just look at NGN's obsessive diet planning or Ironloo's work ethic with weights and calisthenics.

Yes, I think they are imbalanced.
Hannibal especially is extremely capable, extremely strong and extremely muscular but he is not following a balanced routines and it does show.
First of all, just because someone looks strong (after training close to 20 years) it doesn't mean he understands anything about human anatomy and physiology and therefore may or may not have a clue to what is healthy, what aligns the shoulders, what stabilises the scapulas, how to follow a prehab program for tendon development, etc.
Second, for lack of other ways to put it, his posture is horrid.
He basically has Lordosis, he's shoulder lines are pronated and he has an anterior tilt of basically the whole torso.
By the way, Hannibal rarely works on horizontal pulling, which explains a lot of it.

As for Zef, i'm not sure... or rather, I don't know.
I don't know if he works on mobilisation, if he follows neutral grip sessions to promote shoulder alignment, etc.
He's obviously very strong and he does a lot of FL pulls which acts as a decent horizontal pulling, after fashion.
I'm shooting in the dark here but I reckon Zef is a far better choice in this case.

Hit Richards shows a lot of balanced work but there are a lot of indicators to show that he's a juicer, I don't know whether this is true or just a silly rumour though. Unfortunately, there is never a way to know for sure about anyone!

For general information, I started my fitness "carrier" with a medium case of Scoliosis, I now have a minor case of Scoliosis - this is a testament of balanced work.
Compare that to people who destroyed their elbows, suffered tendonitis, developed posture problems and dislocated their discs and you tell me if it doesn't make more sense to follow better programming.

FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:35 am

BTW, Daniel (FitnessFAQs) is excellent!
Lots of balance there as wel as great skills.

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks for taking my criticisms and replying to them with understanding and intelligence. I look forward to the improvements and additions you will make with your site and I hope it really takes off because beginners and advanced ahtletes alike can really use this information to better themselves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Obsessive diet planning? Hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:09 am

NGN wrote:
Obsessive diet planning? Hehe

Umm, sorry?

If you're asking about my own diet, yes, I'm quite strict on nutrition.

BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

No in my post he is one of the forum members I mentioned and I said he has an obsessive diet plan.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FPITAS

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Re: Calisthenics resources.
What websites do people like?
I'd appreciate any ideas people have.

BTW, I just created a table comparing all the main legumes and grains people eat... guess what?
Rice is at the very bottom in terms of nutrients!
But, even more surprising, Quinoa is not that good at all!

Surprisingly, Mung Bean is the clear winner!

http://www.neocalisthenics.com/comparison.html

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new Calisthenics website!!   

Back to top Go down

A new Calisthenics website!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1