Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

pain during dips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buckman

PostSubject: pain during dips   Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:16 pm

hi i do dips only at school i built up from few bad to good 15+ but i was doing bodyweight bench dips at home then i load 20kg on my legs and do few training days with that and my triceps cant heal up from that or is injured i dont know the pain is little but dips are uncomfortable, havent done bench dips since then... also when i am doing L-sit on ground or parallel bars and i drop down it hurts a bit in that moment

i took some days off and now i am doing only strict chin ups and push ups, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: pain during dips   Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Buckman wrote:
hi i do dips only at school i built up from few bad to good 15+ but i was doing bodyweight bench dips at home then i load 20kg on my legs and do few training days with that and my triceps cant heal up from that or is injured i dont know the pain is little but dips are uncomfortable, havent done bench dips since then... also when i am doing L-sit on ground or parallel bars and i drop down it hurts a bit in that moment

i took some days off and now i am doing only strict chin ups and push ups, what do you think?

I donow mate, but from what I understood from your post, only reason I figure is the massive change and stress your shoulders must have received, if you we're used to bodyweight dips, by going straight up to 20 Kg added weight immediately.
I started at 10 Kg, now 15, gradually building up. Well, hope you recover man, give them a rest as you are doing, best wishes.

Buckman

PostSubject: Re: pain during dips   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:09 pm

that was weighted BENCH/TRICEPS dips, but nvm the pain was temporary more like overtrain i was workin out at home and school almost every day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIBhenchman

PostSubject: Re: pain during dips   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 pm

I feel your pain bro. I'm recovering from tendinitis which started out with me over training with dips in particular. I would do as your doing now and rest until the pain is gone, then gradually start with a smaller weights and focus on doing dips with correct form with the added weight. Good luck with your training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LIBhenchman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pain during dips   

Back to top Go down

pain during dips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1