Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello from Missouri

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jreacher

PostSubject: Hello from Missouri   Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Hey guys.

I joined the forum to explore the possibilities for bodyweight type exercises for conditioning, hypertrophy, and flexibility.

My background: I've been lifting weights for the past 4 years or so, following programs by people such as Rippetoe, Wendler, Dan John, and of my own devising.

Although I've gotten strong and achieved a decent physique from lifting alone, I've injured my back (herniated and bulging disks), so I haven't been squatting and deadlifting much, plus I think I may have to lay off overhead presses too.

Some questions that I'll be looking to answer (I'll search the forums, but please feel free to address these here if appropriate):

1) Will things like handstand pushups be easier on my back than overhead presses?

2) What are some good programs layed out for bodyweight exercise progressions?

3) Should I invest in any certain books or will I find most of the answers I need online fairly easily?

4) Are there any good programs that combine bodyweight exercises with a few barbell exercises? I'd like to possibly keep bench press in my workout and maybe overhead presses.

5) Anybody else have an ulnar nerve injury and able to adapt to dips? I can bench press but dips tend to hurt my arm that I had an ulnar nerve surgery on years ago.

6) Will bodyweight exercises help my flexibility, or are there some good flexibility routines I should be following? I'm very tight in the hamstrings, hips, back, and shoulders.

I also want to add that I'm not unfamiliar with a lot of the exercises. I currently am a chin-up fiend, and I've done a lot of standard bodyweight exercises for sports in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from Missouri
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1