Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello from Alabama

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KJack

PostSubject: Hello from Alabama   Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 am

I'm fairly new to calisthenics, but I'm more or less an athletic person (I play soccer and ultimate frisbee for fun in my spare time). I'm about 5'9, 137lbs., and fairly skinny, which is why during my second semester of college I decided to start going to the gym; but I couldn't go anymore once I went home for the summer because my home is far from my school and I couldn't go to a gym at home. While I was waiting over the summer for the dorms to open up again I decided to do different forms of push ups and sit ups to keep from getting too out of shape. I didn't feel like I was getting a good enough of a workout though, so I decided to look around for different bodyweight exercises. I came across some calisthenics videos and thought they looked pretty cool, so I decided to work my way towards being able to do those things. So far I only have roughly 2 1/2 months worth of experience with a pseudo planche push up; I've been doing those so I could strengthen my body for a full planche. Now I'm more focused on getting stronger than on getting a bigger body.

I've been extremely busy with work and school for the past couple of months though, so I'm slowly trying to get back to working on calisthenics. However, it might take me a bit longer because I'll be practicing in my dorm room.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from Alabama
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1