Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Clean Muscle Gain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Clean Muscle Gain   Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 am

Okay so I've been doing a modified version of fasting by eating around 7 and 8 at night then skipping breakfast and eating lunch. This has worked well for me and kept my weight down and I've been around 7-9% bodyfat for a while.

I want to keep that low bodyfat but I need to put on a few pounds of muscle and then maintain that muscle without gaining weight. How do i do that without gaining fat or to much muscle? Do I start eating breakfast again or what?

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:54 pm

I don't think it's possible to put on muscle without putting on a bit of fat at the same time, which is why you hear about bodybuilders doing the bulk/cut thing.

I don't think you need to stop the IF regime though - maybe just eat bigger meals, or insert another meal between lunch and dinner.

View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 am

Elliot Hulse just posted about this today on his channel, funny how these things happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 pm

No Way...do not stop IF.....it is the s**t. Fastest gains ever. It works people.

If you feel you are lean enough just add more calories and carbs on both rest and training days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fit-Bull90

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:58 am

I think Leangains was designed just for that purpose, you just gotta get your macros right. It seems to work wonders for people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 am

I think one of the major keys of success in the LG/IF is the fasted state training. The strength and endurance gains in both anaerobic and aerobic workouts is amazing. IMO the human body was designed for fasted training, IF/LG, and paleo style diet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razorburne

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:20 am

Jason Feruggia talks about this in his Renegade Diet, which is a form of IF, which also goes the fasted training way. From what I remember, roughtly a 16/8 split (fasted/fed), w/ "overeating" in the evening. Somewhat of a mix between Paleo food choices, Lean Gains, and Warrior Diet all rolled into one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks to everyone for the replies I'm definitely sticking with IF. I knew LeanGains and IF had been made with muscle building in mind but I wasn't really sure how to go about it. I guess I posted this topic just to recieve a blessing on using protein powders which I'm about to do starting this week.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clean Muscle Gain   

Back to top Go down

Clean Muscle Gain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1