Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Iron Sharpens Iron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Following Ironloo's Greater to Lesser program to gain more strength for my wrestling season. This will log only my sessions were I do his workouts not my other practices or training sessions. I do have to modify it to fit the times when I can workout.

Wednesday October 17

Superset Sessions: Supposed to be five sets but didn't have time

Pullups/Dips: 3 sets of maxout Pulls and Dips with 3 min rest

Pull- 14, 16, and 12(bad numbers back hurt)
Dips-30, 32, and 33

Chins/Pushups: 3 sets maxous Chins and Push with 3 min rest

Chins-16, 17, and 14
Push- 45, 51, and 46(bad numbers too, don't know why)

Bodyweight Rows/ Chair dips: 3 sets maxout Rows and Dips 3 min rest

Rows- 28, 29, 28
Dips-50, 61, 65 (stopped when I got bored)

Core Attack- Various exercises without break for about 10-12 minutes

Thursday October 18th

Strength/Power Session:

Deadlift: 10 reps of 95, 115, 135, 155, 175, 185, and 205 lbs, Then 5 reps of 225 were I failed on the sixth rep.

Explosive Pushups: 3 sets and each set starts out with a 25 sec hold then a 5 sec break. 3 min rest inbetween

Push-15, 16, 17(really need to work on these)

Pull-Ups: 3 sets and each set starts with a 20 sec hold on top then a 5 sec break. 3 min rest between each set

Pull- 8,11,10

Core Attack-No break just work.

Friday October 19th

Legs Only: Couldn't truly follow because of limited time

Heavy Pistols(supposed to be back squat)- 5 pistols a leg holding 20lb kettlebell x5 sets. Will increase weight but should be switching with back squat every week. 3 min rest

Front Squat- 90lb front squat for 18 reps x 4 sets. 3 min rest.

Superset of weighted lunge and lunge jumps: 10 each leg with 16kg kettlebells in each hand then jumps as soon as I drop them x 4 sets. 3 min rest

Jump Squats: 4 sets of 30, 25, 16, 21 jump squats with 1 min rest between.

Core Attack

Saturday October 20th
Complete Rest day- 10 mile bike ride to gamestop( wasn't as much of a rest as you'd think)

Sunday October 21st
Light Cardio and HIIT day: Jiu jitsu rolling, heavy bag work, and cardio

Sorry loo I know this isn't the exact schedule but each say I'll try and do it as closely as possible.

Last edited by BodyweightSoldier on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:03 pm

BodyweightSoldier wrote:

Superset Sessions: Supposed to be five sets but didn't have time

Pullups/Dips: 3 sets of maxout Pulls and Dips with 3 min rest

Pull- 14, 16, and 12(bad numbers back hurt)
Dips-30, 32, and 33

Chins/Pushups: 3 sets maxous Chins and Push with 3 min rest

Chins-16, 17, and 14
Push- 45, 51, and 46(bad numbers too, don't know why)

Bodyweight Rows/ Chair dips: 3 sets maxout Rows and Dips 3 min rest

Rows- 28, 29, 28
Dips-50, 61, 65 (stopped when I got bored)

Just to clarify, you take 3 mins rest between each set, but you do the two exercises back-to-back?

i.e. 14 pulls, 30 dips, 3 mins rest
16 pulls, 32 dips, 3 mins rest
etc.?

Seems like a good workout - I like that the supersets get progressively easier (not least because I bet it *&%!s you up quite a bit!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Yea Fi only 2 exercises you superset at max intensity back to back rest 3mins. repeat. On his program you use up all your energy in the beginning on the harder exercises working down to the easier exercises while working the same motions to get stronger while you are weaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Yeah that's what I like about it - drop supersets. Really good idea. I'm gonna try it later in the week. Thanks Lou.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Monday October 22nd

Max Day: Failed attempt at 275 deadlift. Then a success at 265 lbs.

Failed attempt at 225 squat(working on super low squats). Then success at 195 lbs.

Then a little run/jog/run. Rope climbs, hollow back pullup work, front lever and back lever training, some explosive pushups.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Tuesday October 23

Woke up sick so cancelled my workout for the day and instead did 4 400m sprints then played capture the flag with fellow members of the wrestling team. It works though because I'm calling this my rest day because I have a 5k Saturday.

Wednesday Octobr 24

Legs only day

Squats: 165lbs 4 setsx 8 reps with 2:30 sec break. Suring the breaks I do flutter kicks, pullups, whatever.

Barbell front squat(sorry loo can't lift those heavy dumbells): 105 lbs 4 setsx 12 reps. Same rest and same active rest stuff

Superset weighted lunged with jump lunges: 40lbs in each hand 10 lunges each leg then 20 jump lunges for 4 reps. 2:30 rest.

Jump squats: 4 sets of 20, 21, 23, and 26. 1 min rest.

Multiple exercises without rest to kill my core.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."- Batman

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Thursday October 25th

Superset Day!: I think I'm going to stick with the 4 sets with 3 min rest for everything because it fits my schedule best.

Pullups: 20, 15, 15, 12
Dips: 25, 25, 22, 20

Next

Chinups:12,16,11,13
Pushups:24,30,22,20

Next

Weighted Rows 135lbs(couldn't do bodyweight rows): 8, 7, 10, 9
Tri Dips:50, 53, 37, 33(moved my hands a lot closer for the last two and I think thats how I'll do it from now on)

Killed my core for about 10-15 minutes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Nice man, but are those rows 135lbs. dumbbell or total weight on the bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Its total weight(45lb bar and one 45 on each side). The plae I train is changing their pullup bar, which is where they hand the TRX, so I had to improvise on rows.

Friday October 26th

Strength/Power Day:

10 sets of 10 deadlift with ever increasing weight: 95,115,135,155,175,185,195,205,215, and 235lbs

Pushups with 25 sec holds and inch from the bottom then 5 sec rest before super explosive pushups. 3 sets 2:30 rest.

Pullups with 20 sec hold over the bar and then 5 sec rest before regular pullups.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Saturday October 27th

Sad day. Finished 26th in the 5k I ran at 22:46. Very disappointed in my time but to make myself feel better I hit my workout right after.

Endurance Day:
4 sets of Maxout on Pullups with 3 min rest: 18,13,13,14

4 sets Maxout on Dips with 3 min rest: 31,30,31,27

4 sets of Max 135lb barbell rows with 3 min rest: 9,8,8,8

4 sets of Max Bench dips with 3 min rest: 60, 60, 56, 45

1 superset of Max Pullups then dips: 17 & 28.

Core kill.

During my rest I generally do jump rope, quick feet runs, fast walks, flutter kicks etc. Does anyone have any ideas to maximize calorie burn without hindering rest of am I doing it right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:51 pm

kickass numbers man. nice work

getting better at the run takes daily practice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 am

Very good man the only thing i would change is the 95lbs. & 115lbs warmup with them but they dont count. Always start your pyramid w/ 135lbs. as your base every workout.

start your pyramid like this 135,155,175,185,195,205,215,225,235.240-245 the new last set.

every workout on your 10th set add 5-10lbs. but keep it at 10 reps just keep working up in weight slowly on the tenth set , once you hit 250+ you can change the weight for set 5 and on so they are heavier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks NGN but I still need serious work.

Iron I'll do what you said but I fear I won't be able to finish the whole thing on my first few attempts. I'll go in looking to kick a$$ but like with my first attempt sometimes the weight will get to me.

Sunday October 28th
Light HIIt and cardio day: Jiu-jitsu rolling and some Muay Thai practice.

Monday October 29th
Max Day: Was not able to max because I didn't have access to equipment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Def man if you feel that way build up to it, you don't want to be sapped fully by the end. keep it up tho god work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:22 pm

You got it man I'm confident in your system as I've only seen improvements as is obvious by today's leg workout.

Tuesday October 30th

Legs only Day
Squat: 4 sets of 5 at 175lbs with 2:30 active rest.

Front Squat: 4 sets of 13 at 105lbs with 2:30 active rest

Superset: 40lb(each hand) dumbel lunges 10 on each leg then 20 split jumps. 4 sets 2:30 rest

Jump Squats: A perfect 4 sets of 30 jump squats

Killed my core(improving my hanging leg raises and other hard moves)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:13 am

Wednesday October 31st

Pull/Push Max Day

Pullups: 4 sets max with 2:30 rest

26, 18, 14, 15

Dips: Same rules

40, 40, 37, 32

TRX Rows: Same rules

26, 23, 21, 21

Bench Dips:....

63, 60, 70, 60

Superset of Dips ad Pullup: 16 pulls and 31 dips

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Friday November 2

Power/Strength Day:

Deadlift 10 reps unless specified: 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, and 245lbs for 5 reps.

Pushups: 3 sets 25 sec hold then 5 sec break then explosives.
15, 15, 12(stil suck at explosives)

Pullups: 3 sets 20 sec hold then 5 sec break then regular pulls.

Core Kill

Saturday November 3rd

Rest day.

Sunday November 4th

Footwork drills, jump rope, elevated pushups, trapezius work.

5 sets of 200ish sprints then 5 short hill sprints. Pullup work before and after(pull up pyramids, front and back lever training, grip training)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Monday November 5th

Okay this is the first week that I am officially off Ironloo's Greater to Lesser plan. The plan is sure brilliance but wrestling is kicking up and I can't put in the time for every workout but I will still be completing some of his workouts.

Two and a half hour wrestling practice focusing on shots and top and bottom position. Suicides, pushups, and ab work to finish it all off. Also some live wrestling.

Got home took out the pullup bar did high rep sets supersetted with anything of my choice. About four sets of leg up pushups and then some wall sit and squat jump work.

Tuesday November 6th

1.8 mile run trying to work on speed during my run but failing.

Later in the day I'll bike to wrestling(about 2.3 miles) then have a 2 hour practice. Will also be doing pullups and other calisthenics throughout the day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am

Wednesday November 7th

Leg Focus Day:

3 sets of 3 Clean and Jerk: 135lb 2 min rest

4 sets of 6 Squat: 185lbs 2:30 active rest

4 sets of 20 dumbbell lunges then lunge jumps: 45lb in each hand 2:30 active rest

4 sets of Jump Squats with 1 min rest:21,22,22,23

Core attack

The for a finisher to accelerate fat loss: Burpees, squats, and bar dips.

Later in the day Jiu jitsu and Muay Thai

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Thursday November 8th

Wrestling practice from 2:40 till a little after 5. Live wrestling, calisthenics, running. Awesome pain.

Chinup workout afterwards because I feel my biceps aren't strong enough.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 am

Friday November 9th

Had an awesome workout planned but it was ruined by my coach so wasn't able to do it all.

1.5 mile run.

4 sets of jump rope supersetted with ab work.

4 sets of elevated TRX pushups(10 reps) supersetted with TRX rows(12 reps)

4 sets of Farmer Walks(70lb dumbells) supersetted with 20 calf raises

I was supposed to do sprint and med ball throws but I was cheated out of them.

Wrestling practice later.

After that killed my core, deadlifted, some calisthenics(dips and rows) then Muay Thai with a lot of sparring.

I'm gonna be cheating on my diet for a while because I'll be putting on weight. I'm enjoying myself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Saturday November 10th

Rest day. Last day of indulgene.

Sunday November 11th
Ready to kick a$$ and back to the grind.

Did and early morning run it was around 2 miles. Then came home and worked on one handed chin ups.

Did some jiu jitsu rolling after I attacked my core.

Quickly after jiu jitsu went down to the park to do a Veteran's day workout to honor those who came before. The workout it called the Murph after Michael P Murphy a falled Navy Seal.

1 mile run
then 20 sets of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats.
1 mile run

After the Murph I worked my forearms by hanging the the bar two handed then one handed till they screamed.

To finish it off I walked to the rings and did 4 sets of 5 slow pullups and Romanian dips supersets.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Monday November 12th

HIIT Jump rope in the morning with slight calisthenics after and then later throughout the day. Continuing to work OAP

Wrestling practice from 4 to 6 and a bike ride to practice.

Tuesday November 13th

Wrestling practice. I'm beat up all over with very bruised legs and a chest that hurts whenever pressure is put on it. Some dude twisted something when he threw me to the ground Monday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Wednesday November 14th

Early morning run. Nice and fast.

Rope climb warmup
Clean and Jerk: 3 x 3 145lbs( really need to improve the jerk part)

Squat: 4 x 5 205lbs(good weight gonna work on extremely deep squats then raise weight again)

Heavy shrugs: Mix of 135 and 185 lbs for 10+ reps and about 4 sets.

Superset: Bulgarian split squat 4 sets of 5 each leg with 15 jump lunges. 30 sec rest.

5 set of sprints.

Thursday November 15th

Wrestling practice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BodyweightSoldier

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Friday November 16th

Horrible day.

Found out I couldn't even snatch 95lbs so I resorted to snatching a 35lb dumbell.

Farmer Walked 75lb dumbells then held them for 12 secs after each walk.

Did esplosive med ball work.

Finished with 4 sets of 5 225lb deadlift. Substitue teacher made me leave the room early so I had to go to the weak weight room.

Finished with decline sit ups did around 400, Pullups and dip machine.

Had wrestling practice at the end of the day and I lost my wrestle off so I am not a starter. Nothing I can do but get better.

Saturday November 17th
Rest day some jump rope and pushups for actice rest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Sharpens Iron   

Back to top Go down

Iron Sharpens Iron
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next