Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

LBM pull up routine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rauliuxas

PostSubject: LBM pull up routine?   Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 am

Hi everyone i just found good strength routine LBM rote in forum theme...but he didn't tell how much 2 rest .Look at it

20 kilo weighted pull ups max
no rest
normal pull ups max
repeat for 5 sets

40 kilo weighted pull ups max
norest
20 kilo weighted pull ups max
norest
normal pull ups max
repeat for 5 sets

I also ask myself is this 1Day Routine with 10Set's total or it's 2 different workout's like normal and more advanced?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm

For that i would take 3-5min rest.

Here is a great one i came up with
Pick 2 weights a lighter one and a heavier one use this exact rest time.These weights i started with.

Workout: Pull ups strength/endurance Light/heavy switch

set1. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set2. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set3. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set4. 45lbs. 10 reps 2min rest
set5. 135lbs. 1 rep. 1 min rest
set6. 135lbs. 1 reps 2 min rest
set7. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set8. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set9. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set10. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set11. 45lbs. 10 reps Done

The switch from 135lbs. to 45lbs. makes the 45lbs. feel lighter the more you lift 135lbs. the lighter and lighter the 45lbs. feels.Try it out. This will up your weighted reps huge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rauliuxas

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:30 am

ironloo wrote:
For that i would take 3-5min rest.

Here is a great one i came up with
Pick 2 weights a lighter one and a heavier one use this exact rest time.These weights i started with.

Workout: Pull ups strength/endurance Light/heavy switch

set1. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set2. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set3. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set4. 45lbs. 10 reps 2min rest
set5. 135lbs. 1 rep. 1 min rest
set6. 135lbs. 1 reps 2 min rest
set7. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set8. 135lbs. 1 rep 1 min rest
set9. 135lbs. 1 rep 2 min rest
set10. 45lbs. 10 reps 2 min rest
set11. 45lbs. 10 reps Done

The switch from 135lbs. to 45lbs. makes the 45lbs. feel lighter the more you lift 135lbs. the lighter and lighter the 45lbs. feels.Try it out. This will up your weighted reps huge.

Thank's I'll try this one ! Smile I should use max reps yea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm

very nice routine ironloo i will try it.. less weight sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ray.from.hk

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:02 pm

thanks for posting, this seems to be a really nice program, but is it possible for u guys to sort of translate the absolute weight added to the % of bodyweight? coz im only 142lbs and I dont think I can even move with 135lbs on me.

and another question would be how would you overcome the problem of elbow pain, since whenever I do heavy weighted pullups, my elbow start feeling weird (not pain yet) when I hit around the 7th set. I uses nuetral grip when doing weighted pullups coz i heard that grip put the least stress on elbows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rauliuxas

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:23 pm

ray.from.hk wrote:
thanks for posting, this seems to be a really nice program, but is it possible for u guys to sort of translate the absolute weight added to the % of bodyweight? coz im only 142lbs and I dont think I can even move with 135lbs on me.

and another question would be how would you overcome the problem of elbow pain, since whenever I do heavy weighted pullups, my elbow start feeling weird (not pain yet) when I hit around the 7th set. I uses nuetral grip when doing weighted pullups coz i heard that grip put the least stress on elbows.

If it doesnt hurt do it if it even start's a little rest a couple of day's and see how it feel's !there's no gain without struggle;]

Well try Weight and aim for 1-2reps and replace with 135Lbs ;]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ray.from.hk

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Rauliuxas wrote:
ray.from.hk wrote:

If it doesnt hurt do it if it even start's a little rest a couple of day's and see how it feel's !there's no gain without struggle;]

Well try Weight and aim for 1-2reps and replace with 135Lbs ;]

thanks man Wink so I guess for the light one I should do the same and find a weight which I can complete around 12 reps max? do u think these parameters will work well for dips and other movements as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 pm

The elbow pain will go away the more tendon strength you build. No its not max out reps pick a light weight you can can get 20+reps with do half of that keep it at 10 reps then pick a heavier weight not a max either. Its to teach your muscle to respond differently you will see , what i mean when you keep shocking the body between light and heavy, you could max out at the end too with no weight you will feel like a feather.

Again all you do is pick a light weight for 10 reps, and a heavier weight for 1 rep and use the guideline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ray.from.hk

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm

ironloo wrote:
The elbow pain will go away the more tendon strength you build. No its not max out reps pick a light weight you can can get 20+reps with do half of that keep it at 10 reps then pick a heavier weight not a max either. Its to teach your muscle to respond differently you will see , what i mean when you keep shocking the body between light and heavy, you could max out at the end too with no weight you will feel like a feather.

Again all you do is pick a light weight for 10 reps, and a heavier weight for 1 rep and use the guideline.

thanks man for the info Wink
just to clear things up, so i should pick a weight that i can do 20+reps and perform 10 reps, and choose a weight which i can do 2-3 reps and perform 1 rep, right?

and can I do anything in additional on off days of this program? or would it be too much for building strength?
thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Yea exactly, and of course this is only 1 part of a workout for pulling right after you do push in a similar way, then pull/push again in a another way, then again in another way this is only 1 way. No off days next day murder core and train another way to heal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Another good one to shock up a lacking exercise pick 1 dips, pullups, pushups. Works best for me with pushups.

Build lactic acid tolerance:ex= for pushups 1 set only.

maxout
1min rest
maxout
:50 rest
maxout
:40 rest
maxout
:30 rest
maxout
:20 rest
maxout
:10 rest
maxout
:5 rest
maxout
no rest 1 sec
maxout
no rest 1 sec keep going till you cant do a normal pushup

Now repeat this whole thing doing pushups on knees cause you cant do the normal ones, after you cant do the normal ones hold the top static of the pushups till you cant hold that.You pretty much go till failure once you heal try out regular pushups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ray.from.hk

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:15 am

ironloo wrote:
Yea exactly, and of course this is only 1 part of a workout for pulling right after you do push in a similar way, then pull/push again in a another way, then again in another way this is only 1 way. No off days next day murder core and train another way to heal.

would it be a good start to do a routine like this?

Day 1

doing pullups and dips using the parameters you have provided, so 24 sets in total including the last set of each excercise for maxing out

Day 2

Core and leg training

And just keep alternating these two days?

Also whcih one would u think is better? 12 sets of pullups followed by 12 sets of dips, or 1 set of pullup followed by one set of dip and keep alternating them?

Sorry if I am asking too many questions at the same time.

really appreciate the info. you have provided Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Do the 12 sets,pullup/dips. then next day core leg training alternate on leg days squats with deadlifts as your main exercises of course do your lunges,jumpsquats. Each week up your reps for pullups,dips,squats,deadlifts,pushups while making your core routines harder every week. Simple basics but its up to you to put in the hard work.Once per week do that pushup routine prob on a rest day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ray.from.hk

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 am

ironloo wrote:
Do the 12 sets,pullup/dips. then next day core leg training alternate on leg days squats with deadlifts as your main exercises of course do your lunges,jumpsquats. Each week up your reps for pullups,dips,squats,deadlifts,pushups while making your core routines harder every week. Simple basics but its up to you to put in the hard work.Once per week do that pushup routine prob on a rest day.

at what point should I add weight? maybe when I hit 3reps for the heavy one? and do you think doing each workout 3 times a week would give the body enough rest for strength gain? Just to make sure, this seems like a very simple yet effective and promising program if effort is put in. Definitely on the top of my list, I will start this after I am done with what I am doing (or when I realized my body is failing to accomodate what I am doing lol) right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Yea you could do that. Just from doing that routine your weighted 1rm pull will go up every 2 weeks add 5 lbs. to the 1 rep but keep the light weight the same for a while, boosting both too soon is no good. 3xs a week is good you will adapt fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckman

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 am

what about l-sit pull ups? is it good to mix in with weighted training?
i cant hold solid l-sit now but i am working on it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:30 am

I would do the L-sit pullups on there own to compliment static & strength training on a day without weight. I do low reps for the l-sit and on the rings 10-15 range no morex10sets always at the end of the workout cause at the end i start including core exercises. Can't do 20 pullups no need for any variation of anything you won't get full benefit yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LBM pull up routine?   

Back to top Go down

LBM pull up routine?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1