Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help me with front lever, guys. :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krikshelis

PostSubject: Help me with front lever, guys. :)   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Hello. So I recently joined here for some tutorials, inspiration, and advice's. I like to say, that I am training a front lever for 3 weeks now. I can hold One Leg extended (right) like 15 seconds, and (left) like 10 seconds. When I try to go in Straddle Front Lever position, my butt is down sometimes, and legs are not fully extended, like bent a little bit. I know Front Lever takes time, practice, so I can't be discouraged about progressing this fast, but guys can you help me something about this? Maybe my lower back is weak, or my legs aren't stretchable enough to perform straddle front lever. Any advice's? Thank you very much.
Krikshelis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Help me with front lever, guys. :)   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Krikshelis wrote:
Hello. So I recently joined here for some tutorials, inspiration, and advice's. I like to say, that I am training a front lever for 3 weeks now. I can hold One Leg extended (right) like 15 seconds, and (left) like 10 seconds. When I try to go in Straddle Front Lever position, my butt is down sometimes, and legs are not fully extended, like bent a little bit. I know Front Lever takes time, practice, so I can't be discouraged about progressing this fast, but guys can you help me something about this? Maybe my lower back is weak, or my legs aren't stretchable enough to perform straddle front lever. Any advice's? Thank you very much.
Krikshelis.

Work on the back lever as well to build up your lower back strength and help keep that straight line.

Do simple stretches to build up your flexibility for a wider straddle :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krikshelis

PostSubject: Re: Help me with front lever, guys. :)   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:40 am

Okay, Thank you. Will keep that In mind. I can't hold a back lever though, I have to admit that my lower back is my weakest point in by body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Help me with front lever, guys. :)   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 am

Krikshelis wrote:
Okay, Thank you. Will keep that In mind. I can't hold a back lever though, I have to admit that my lower back is my weakest point in by body.

As with all these things, start of with the first part of the progression - skin the cat for shoulder flexibility - and then move on from there to tuck and so forth.

Also have a look at the back 101 routine on youtube, its got a link to it in the bar-barian beginners thread in the training section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me with front lever, guys. :)   

Back to top Go down

Help me with front lever, guys. :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1