Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NGN

PostSubject: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IX8u1yKXOIin43FFZ3O07b_LZ_BeLfmeANZYnulnDvY/edit

comments and criticism welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:54 pm

thats a pretty solid routine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thiseas

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Agreed that it looks solid.
There's one thing though - Legs. Gotta do your heavy squats. Might want to do that on Friday, and have Sunday as a running day.
Everything else looks good to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Thiseas wrote:
There's one thing though - Legs. Gotta do your heavy squats. Might want to do that on Friday, and have Sunday as a running day.

Hmmm...will pistols with weight do? I dont go to a gym and dont have a sqat rack. NGN = no gym necessary

Might have to get a trap bar and weights and do trap bar dead lifts instead of squats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thiseas

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 pm

NGN wrote:
Thiseas wrote:

Hmmm...will pistols with weight do? I dont go to a gym and dont have a sqat rack. NGN = no gym necessary

Might have to get a trap bar and weights and do trap bar dead lifts instead of squats.
Gotcha. Weighted Pistol Squats are a great exercise/alternative. Combined with Weighted Lunges they'll keep your legs in nice shape.

That being said, having a nice olympic weight set never hurts. You'll be surprised at how Sumo Deadlifts hit your hams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm

NGN i don't have a clue where you are at in strength/endurance but with that routine gains will come very very slow. You can gain strength/endurance at the same time but it will take daily effort. I can inbox you a routine if you want and you compare the 2. Also don't know how much time you got to train or the equipment you have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Ive got all morning on weekdays to train, but dont want to get overtrained either. My gear right now is a pair of 20 and 35lb. dumbbells, 50 and 20lb sandbags. Im planning on adding a vest soon.

Why do you say the gains will be slow? As far as where im at just check my log.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Whats your max pullups,dips,pushups, can u do dragon flags. If possible deadlifts/Squats if not you got to work your legs & Core a lot more other than runs/hikes. It needs more volume/core/legs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:29 pm

My opinion is you seem to be past that routine, it will build mild conditioning and strength/endurance to a point but not severe depends on your goals too. With your diet being on point you will look in shape and lean even without training cause diet is that important, but if you want to up your overall performance to a whole new level that routine seems like its taking it easy that's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 pm

LOL Ironloo...I think you must have me confused with some of the other bar monsters here...Ive only been training for <3 months. I got started in July after a 19yr vacation from working out. I am making strides towards monster level but I am still in the beginning stages. As a teen I was a monster at 197lbs and 5%bf and deadlifts and squats were my close friends. I also studied a great deal on exercise physiology and nutrition so a lot of my posts show that knowledge and may give the impression of someone at a higher level of achievement.

My numbers are 18 pull ups, 60push ups, 35 dips, I havent yet attempted a dragonflag but can do a few front levers for reps but no holds yet. oh yeah I just tried and I can do 4 flags at least, didnt go to failure.

This routine is an attempt at continuing the strength progress I have been making and also prepare for the superspartan race in Jan13.

let me know if youve got something better for me but keep in mind my beginner status and age challenge...hehe

Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Yea i see those are still good starting numbers for 3months in, i know i got a 50+yr. old i worked with getting m-ups in a summers worth of training clean reps too. This came from a whole lot more volume killing the basics/legs/core daily. I still think you need to train harder especially with your #s you gave me. I will send you it soon, it will take more time not a little 1hr. session. I have done a 2hr. warmup with bar-barians after that it changed my training it was a super pyramid in the winter time they didn't get that strong with small workouts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm

ironloo wrote:
I will send you it soon, it will take more time not a little 1hr. session. I have done a 2hr. warmup with bar-barians after that it changed my training it was a super pyramid in the winter time they didn't get that strong with small workouts.

New way to train?
Send to me too. I always like to see and test your routines! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amadeuandrade
DuarteP

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Ironloo if you have time, please read my pm...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:48 pm

New and Improved Workout

hahaha peak performance bitches!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?   

Back to top Go down

New workout routine strength and endurance. possible to train both at the same time?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1