Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Knee pain, help !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blue hefner

PostSubject: Knee pain, help !   Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey peeps...

I haven't worked out my legs since 3-4 months, last week I started working out again and did the following workout;

5x20 bw squats
5xmax glute bridges
+ 1 max squat hold <------------ this felt really weird, I really felt the stress on the knee but it didnt hurt, and now it hurts daily since last week
+ 1 max glute bridge hold

Could do this workout for 3 times and then I started to feel pain in my knees...Tendonitis??... I added %10 every workout to the reps,...

I think I did it wrong by starting with this high volume, well if you didnt workout in 4 months....

The pain is on the front of the knee, below the kneecap(inside)...
And the inflammation spreads the pain, I even feel it in my calf tendon now.....Any tips? Stretches? Could I have tight calves or should I just rest? ( thats hard, because I have to walk stairs everyday,up and down, cycle & walk a lot ..)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:17 pm

lay off it research papaya/pineapple with fish eat that daily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks Ironloo...

Pineapple & tuna is fine?
1 Whole pineapple ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 pm

i would eat whole thing with a lot of fish and peanutbutter, just make sure its after training so you can eat the whole papaya. If your not training eat a small portion like one bowl of papaya and pineapple with your fish,nuts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Well Im not training, Im already resting/rehabing my elbow tendonitis( its getting better,just very slow)... I thought I could blast my legs with high volume... and now I got this Sad .

Thanks, Ill buy papaya&pineapple tommorow... btw how does papaya taste never had it before haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:36 am

I like papaya but even if it wasn't good i still have it. Have it daily and you will feel a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
domino

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Ive had similiar knee problems. First thing you want to do is make sure you have perfect squat form even if its just BW. Make sure you have enough flexibility in your ankles that you can let your knees come forward while keeping your feet flat on the ground and pressing through the heel. Also make sure you keep your knees tracking over your toes, don't let them buckle in. Also don't go rock bottom and just relax into the squat, remain the muscular tension. Lastly see if you have flat feet this may be making your legs cave in causing pain. Do all this and try your workout see if it makes a difference. You most likely don't have tendonitis, but if you get your form perfect and still have pain you may have patellofemoral dysfunction where your kneecap has slided sideways a little bit. I had this for a while but corrected it in a few weeks by foam rolling the crap out of the side of your quad. Trust me take your time to get the form right, do your research, theres nothing worse than injuring a knee or both, its truly crippling, good luck man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
domino

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:01 am

Well, it burns and hurts all time.. even when sleeping now.
Im sure its tendonitis, because I never had knee problem before, could do pistols all day. I haven't worked out my legs in months, and started my first workout with 100bw squats & 100 glute bridges with 15-20sec rest.
Im going to tryout papaya&pineapple to get rid of the inflammation, it burns like hell Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Damn. Ive visited 3 supermarket's and they don't have papayas ...
Just got my self a pineapple... Where can you get papayas damn lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Haha they hide those bastards, over here they wrap them in some paper. Got to look better i couldn't get them at first asked someone they said no, but i found them in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
domino

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:08 pm

hmm thats weird man definitely lay off it for a while. Try Drinking lots and lots of water too like at least a gallon, eat good and try doing contrast baths between really hot and cold on your knee. good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

My knee gets better, just rest & time ..
I can almost cycle& walk pain free, just long distances atm hurt it.
Running is too early, just have 2 give it another 2-3 weeks hehe Very Happy .

But Im back to ask another question ( what I asked earlier nobody replied)..
I got elbow/forearm problems ( both arms,6 months) I seem to tighten up everything too much ( going to physio 4 months now). Got a better posture now , doing relaxing exercises but still pain.
The physio advices me to relax, do knee pushups build up to full pushups gradually ( what I am doing)....and some other ''fancy'' exercises...
Glute bridge, chest stretching exercise.... Man I really want to scr*w up that guy... When I tell him I have pain he says ; stop thinking about it, neglect it do other activities it will go over time but F*ck him...6 months went by and I still have this, he doesnt even give me stretches or whatever...... Its not something worse like I cant move my arm/joint or whatever.... Most of the time I can do daily activities except typing, that irritates my arms to the fullest.
Anyone can help me out? Tips? ( If its not clear, maybe I have forgotton to add something?)
This really f*cks me up, I really missed working out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue hefner

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Why cant somebody reply Sad...
Some of you guys must have dealt with this before...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knee pain, help !   

Back to top Go down

Knee pain, help !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1