Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How is my routine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigcson

PostSubject: How is my routine?   Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:50 am

Hey everyone. So I've been getting into body weight workouts recently and have formed my own routine based on what I've seen. Let me know what you think. My goals are to build strength, size, and endurance. I suppose just all around better.

Monday: Endurance (back/biceps/shoulders). 3-5 sets of 3 exercises with 3-5 min break. Example: pull-ups, modified HSPU (easier version I can do), knee raises on dip bar. I pick a number somewhat close to failure, and rotate the exercises until I fail at one of them. I usually last 3-5 rotations.

Tuesday: Endurance (chest/triceps). 3-5 sets of 3 exercises with 3-5 min break. Example: dips, push-ups, leg raises. Same thing, pick a number close to failure, rotate through the exercises until I can't complete of them.

Wednesday: Legs. I use weights in my house. Squats/Lunges, Deadlift, Calf Raises

Thursday: Strength (back/biceps/shoulders). 3 sets of weighted pull-ups, 3 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of weighted chin-ups, 3 sets of chin-ups, 3-5 sets of modified HSPU, 3 sets of knee raises (dip bar), 3 sets of leg raises (dip bar). I go to failure each time.

Friday: Strength (chest/triceps). 3 sets of weighted dips, 3 sets of dips, 3 sets of weighted push-ups, 3 sets of push-ups, 3 sets of knee raises (dip bar), 3 sets of leg raises (dip bar). I go to failure each time.

Any advice, tips, questions, feedback would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digit

PostSubject: Re: How is my routine?   Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:45 am

Hello mate. Good luck with the calisthenics (there is no luck in these thing just saying : D ) . Can u give some numbers of your pulls dips push ups.?

Try also the beginners post.
http://bar-barians.forumotions.net/t3230-bar-barian-beginners
Great stuff in this post.

Search some info through the forum and the most important sta experimenting !!! Some workouts working on others doesnt work on me...

Hope i helped a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigcson

PostSubject: Re: How is my routine?   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am

Hey thanks for the advice. Each day has been increasing as far as numbers. Like, day 1, I might do 7 pullups, 15 of the HSPU (more push-up like though), and 15 knee raises. Day 2 I usually do 10 dips, 10 pushups, and 10 knee raises.

The days with weights, I try to keep the rep range in between 6 and 12 (so if I get to 20 or something, I might increase the weight). I'm using 25lbs for dips, and might do like... 16, 12, 10, or something like that. Same thing with pushups. With pull ups I'll use 10 pounds, and get a smaller rep range, not smaller than 6 though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is my routine?   

Back to top Go down

How is my routine?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1