Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:39 pm

it was a thread started by ray.something.something, the ironman posted it there. and ya it was with weight.

Why arent weights an option?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 pm

NGN wrote:
it was a thread started by ray.something.something, the ironman posted it there. and ya it was with weight.

Why arent weights an option?

I have no money for weights, belts, gym or etc. I only have two 4kg dumbells..

perhaps I should use this principle for dips? http://www.50pullups.com/50-pullups-programme/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wickedomar19

PostSubject: !   Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:48 pm

http://twentypullups.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:50 pm

wickedomar19 wrote:
http://twentypullups.com/

oh, so it goes only till 20. Thanks anyways. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:02 pm

I dont know man...so many ways to get creative with heavy things that cost little or no $.

If you want to do it you will find a way...if you dont you will find an excuse...hahaha

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 pm

NGN wrote:
I dont know man...so many ways to get creative with heavy things that cost little or no $.

If you want to do it you will find a way...if you dont you will find an excuse...hahaha

True, true. I used to put those two dumbells and two huge encyclopaedias in backpacks. But they all broke. Sad Plus I believe it's more practical to do calisthenics without weights. But that's just me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 pm

try the 50pullup program then...that one looks good. Once I complete level2 of this one Im going to try that one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 pm

NGN wrote:
try the 50pullup program then...that one looks good. Once I complete level2 of this one Im going to try that one.

Yeah, that's what i'll have to do. Also will try the hollow pullups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm

yeah but free backpacks are easy to find....fill one with sand and use it till breaks then find another, repeat.

I got 50lbs in mine and the straps havent given way yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:49 pm

@NGN

I tried ur form today and I still didnt feel my lats..
i thought maybe it was my pullup bar..
so i went to my school and tried on their pullups both
i tried on both thick bars and thin bars..
i still DID NOT feel my lats...

any other tips? ill post a video soon..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nt5-vJbEFw

here is my video form check for it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:26 pm

you didnt keep shoulders down at the top of movement...you are getting some back development though. I can see it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:00 pm

no im not...
i have been doing pullups for 2 years...
the only thing developed on my body is my chest..
too bad i didnt record that part ://
ill do another video with trying to keep my shoulders down at the top tomorrow.

any other tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shirohige

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:15 am

Arfff, I'm realy stuck on the third week day 2. Should I keep trying or should I try the first level whith add weight 10kg (22lbs) ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 am

Shirohige wrote:
Arfff, I'm realy stuck on the third week day 2. Should I keep trying or should I try the first level whith add weight 10kg (22lbs) ??

fix your diet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shirohige

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:08 pm

I haven't exactly a diet and i know this is a problem but I'm not the one who make the food at home. Is this important to have a good diet ? Is this have an influence on the muscle ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Shirohige wrote:
I haven't exactly a diet and i know this is a problem but I'm not the one who make the food at home. Is this important to have a good diet ? Is this have an influence on the muscle ?

Of course. Diet is very important, it will determine your progress in strength, endurance, and muscle mass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 pm

If you are new to working out you will make gains easy on any program, if your a intermediate meaning 20+ pullups this program does nothing even to a beginner it won't add huge numbers. If you want real strength i recommend everyone stop the program asap. To strengthen your pull you got to strengthen your push viceversa, in ways not explained want huge gains you got to train the angles not just one path but the trails that lead off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm

And those programs don't tell you how to do 6 sets of 60 + dips, they don't show you how to raise your consecutive strength the ability to do every rep with no pause.No angles with most programs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fafaedras

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:40 pm

ironloo wrote:
And those programs don't tell you how to do 6 sets of 60 + dips, they don't show you how to raise your consecutive strength the ability to do every rep with no pause.No angles with most programs.

Never did this program say that you have to do only this program and only pullups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:53 pm

ironloo wrote:
If you are new to working out you will make gains easy on any program, if your a intermediate meaning 20+ pullups this program does nothing even to a beginner it won't add huge numbers. If you want real strength i recommend everyone stop the program asap. To strengthen your pull you got to strengthen your push viceversa, in ways not explained want huge gains you got to train the angles not just one path but the trails that lead off.

Explain Ironman...we will listen.

Are you talkin not just pull ups to increase pull ups but more....
pull ups, rows, dips, push ups, presses, shrugs, cleans, levers...

how about an IRONLOO program....prolly with a progression for us that arent even close to your level of strength and endurance.
Most of the routines you post are daunting and seem impossible to even try....how do we get there from here? from 20 or less 1set max pull ups to +30 and from around 30 dips to +50 dips
Also if diet is dialed how long to expect it to take. I know people progress at diff rates so general estimation would be cool.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Got a few 50+yrs old to do a few muscle ups no kip in one season of summer they ended up repping out 25+ pullups per set and 50+ pushups per set. My friend George , Yorgos on the forums ate what i ate and trained how i trained learned all the moves i know and gained his own unique strength in the process.

In a month lot can happen , im not just talking about the basics you listed but how they are done. Ex: weird pullup i struggle to do 10 of them, Line pullups. I was taught lots weird ways to train on top of training, mixing all that was taught making my own.

If i made made a program it wouldn't even be called a program, it will be nothing like in person though cause i train mental toughness more than anything and come with that extra gains, and fatigue training x10 fold.

Might make something soon.

My point is to everyone on the program to get off the program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Sounds good Ironloo, we do need to jump to something else though....Im up for it as the program by itself isnt enough.

recently been bringing a length of 2" rope with me to the park and doing pullups and rows with that after the regular pull ups.
Just cranked out 3 pull ups "hallow" with 70lbs...ya I know that is a feather to you but pretty cool for me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIMBA

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Lol NGN i messaged loo asking him the same thing to make like a progression/guide for all of us not too long ago
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey1995

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

ironloo wrote:
Got a few 50+yrs old to do a few muscle ups no kip in one season of summer they ended up repping out 25+ pullups per set and 50+ pushups per set. My friend George , Yorgos on the forums ate what i ate and trained how i trained learned all the moves i know and gained his own unique strength in the process.

In a month lot can happen , im not just talking about the basics you listed but how they are done. Ex: weird pullup i struggle to do 10 of them, Line pullups. I was taught lots weird ways to train on top of training, mixing all that was taught making my own.

If i made made a program it wouldn't even be called a program, it will be nothing like in person though cause i train mental toughness more than anything and come with that extra gains, and fatigue training x10 fold.

Might make something soon.

My point is to everyone on the program to get off the program.

can u pm me what u told the old people to do on a daily basis??
i want to see the routine or whatever you told them to get 25+ pullups per set and 50+ pushups per set and a few muscle ups.. please
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)   

Back to top Go down

Get to 20 Pull-ups with This Program (Endurance)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next