Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Elbow Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jono

PostSubject: Elbow Issue   Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 am

If I flex my right elbow all the way and squeeze (not necessarily by contracting biceps hard), I feel a really sharp pain in my joint and it feels as if I'm over-flexing. It hurts at the very bottom of a dip and sometimes at the very top of a chin-up.

I only got this problem today.

Note: it's not my muscles that are hurting though, it's my joint or something inside there.

It's very annoying. Last night I was fine. I woke up this morning and while getting out of bed I had my arm in that fully bent position and realised the pain.

Anyone know what it is or had that before? I haven't even been going that OD on my workouts. I do far less than what most do on here. Every other day at most.

EDIT: just stayed at the bottom of the dip where it feels bad, and warmed up, and the pain has now gone, temporally? However when cold it'll probably be an issue again.

A bit concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/reincarnate100
Rastaman

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Issue   Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 am

Hi mate.

Very impressive. 23 pullups , 55kg chin.

In only 12 months training.

To get to that High standard so quickly - may indicate an overuse injury, especially with 1 arm work and weighted pulls.

I've recently blown out my right elbow tendon for the second time after over use GTG.

You may receive a lot of advice in the way of treatment and ways to quicken recovery time. A Lot of it contradictory.

Ice or heat. Work through or rest.

Rest, rest and more rest is my only advice.

Take a few weeks off.

Your love for the bar will be stronger than ever and I'm sure that the break will quicken your progress to 30 pull ups, as frustrating as it may seem at the time.

Rest is the only thing that cures tendonitis!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jono

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Issue   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:09 am

Rastaman wrote:
Hi mate.

Very impressive. 23 pullups , 55kg chin.

In only 12 months training.

To get to that High standard so quickly - may indicate an overuse injury, especially with 1 arm work and weighted pulls.

I've recently blown out my right elbow tendon for the second time after over use GTG.

You may receive a lot of advice in the way of treatment and ways to quicken recovery time. A Lot of it contradictory.

Ice or heat. Work through or rest.

Rest, rest and more rest is my only advice.

Take a few weeks off.

Your love for the bar will be stronger than ever and I'm sure that the break will quicken your progress to 30 pull ups, as frustrating as it may seem at the time.

Rest is the only thing that cures tendonitis!

Thanks.

You see, this is the weird thing: I warmed up and held the bottom of a dip and the pain disappeared after a few mins. I got through my dips workout without any pain. I also did front/back lever and planche progression static holds and now that my arms are warm and full of blood, there's no pain or instability at all.

Maybe I slept badly on it? I don't know. However the pain has come up before in the past, but it disappeared the next day. Maybe it's happening again. If the problem comes up again, I'll take rest for sure.

As for 1 arm work and weighted pulls, I only did them as a test a few days ago. I never usually go that intense. I don't think they were the cause of my elbow problem, as they were a few days ago.

Also I only workout every other day lol. Hmmm.

---

Sorry about your tendon. GTG means greasing the groove right? I only tried that for 2 weeks (during christmas) and I had to stop because I felt overtrained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/reincarnate100
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Issue   

Back to top Go down

Elbow Issue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1