Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

High Volume

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AllIn22

PostSubject: High Volume    Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Does anyone have an opinion on high volume training?
I'm thinking of doing 5 days on 2 days off of the following:

week 1: 200 pushups, 50 pullups

week2: 250 pushups, 62 pullups

week 3: 300 pushups, 75 pullups

.....and so on increasing the pushups and pullups weekly.

The reps will be done in pyramid style throughout the day.
Maybe max out once at the end of every month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:51 pm

im pretty interested in this actually, but never tried so i can't tell you anything.
anyways can you tell me what you mean by "The reps will be done in pyramid style throughout the day."? like give me an example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AllIn22

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Vibe-

I actually started this routine a couple days ago. For the pushups Ive rolled out of bed and banged out 100 reps as quick as possible maybe like sets of 20, 15, 15, 15, 15, 10, 10. I then grab some coffee with caffiene hah and take my dog for a little walk. When I get home I bang out the other 100 in similar sets. I'm sure I could do more throughout the day, but I want to ween into higher volume slowly and stay fresh for the pullups. For the pullups, I usually wait another hour or 2 to get into them. I might eat a light breakfast with a lot of protein then head out to my bar and bang out 25 pullups in pyramid fashion (3-2-1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1-3) as fast as possible, then get some work done or whatever and head back for another 25 reps an hour or so. So far it has worked out nice. My chest and arms feel bigger and pumped up after the higher volume work. I want to give this a shot for a couple months and see what kind of progress I can make. And I will keep on upping the volume on a weekly basis. Let me know what you think brotha!

-Justin

Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 am

good stuff. do it for few months and you will see results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:44 am

If i were you i wouldn't do pyramids yet. Whatever total push yo do for the day half of that is your pullup number of reps.

Pick a number of reps and keep them the same every set, every week increase by 1 rep get them all done no matter what.

This worked best for me might help you,

EXAMPLE: Pick a number close to your max that you can maintain for now.

20 sets x 40 push ups = 800reps. throughout the day.
+
20 sets x 20 pullups = 400 reps. throughout the day.

Then next week you do this workout add 1 reps per set till you can maintain 41 pushups per set & 21 pull ups per set. The next week 1 more rep per set. These are small increases but you will get stronger if you keep it up and that one reps might be very hard towards the end. This has boosted a few people i know already to higher reps for push/pull. Hope this helps some goodluck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey loo I want to start something like too.
I'm gonna start 200 pushups at first and work my way up.
I was think about 10 sets of 20 reps but after each week should I do 10 sets of 21 reps or just boost it up to 300 reps in total?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Remeber to do pulling along with pushing, so your start that day would be 200pushups & 100pull ups. Use the same rest time every set. Say week 2 you do sets of 21 pullups write down on a piece of paper every set if you cant get the 20 sets x 21 pullups stay on those reps till every set is 21 reps. Then the week after its now 22 reps same concept until every set is the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AllIn22

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Ironloo---

Looks good brotha, thanks for the advice. Quick question though, would you do a routine like this every day, or take a off day or 2 each week?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vibe95

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:54 pm

im gonna do this monday wednesday and fridays
btw loo is resting 2-3mins too long for 10 sets of 20? cuz i did it today and i was dying by towards the end
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:53 pm

AllIn22 do the routine twice per week early like mon. then again thursday, to heal from the volume do heavy weighted pullups one day then medium weighted pullups the next.

Vibe95 try to keep the rest times lower the first 10 sets then take as long of rest as you need if you don't get say 20 pullups that one set void it, it doesn't count eventually you will know how much rest you really need to get the reps every set.

Then to up the intensity what i do is called consecutive only high volume ex 20 sets x 20 pullups no pause on any set or its voided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Volume    

Back to top Go down

High Volume
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1