Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NGN

PostSubject: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm

The supplements Im taking are
multi vit
Fish oil- 1 tblsp
arginine - 6 g
citruline - 1.5 g
Beta Alanine - 4 g
creatine - 10 g
glutamine - 20 g

I know I kind of went hog wild on the supplements....hehe. Just my personality I guess. When I do something I go all out.

So question is, during the fasted state can I take in the different aminos I've listed?

Ive been taking about 20g of glutamine per day in 5 to 10 g doses, 6g of arginine in 2 g doses, 1.5 g citruline one dose, 4g beta alanine in 2 doses.

Ive also started taking Xtend bcaa pre-workout. Xtend has glutamine and citruline in it so Im phasing out the separate citruline and reducing the separate glutamine dosing.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by NGNFitness on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added daily dosages)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:38 pm

i am currently doing ramadhan fasting as my IF, so there is no access to BCAA as for the moment. however, i feel like giving up the BCAA once i start back my IF normally because i feel it has an effect to my performance. the brand i used to take on IF before ramdahan is by controlled labs "purple wraath" and scivation Xtend. i have to say its really good because i dont feel fatigue much while training fasted but bad at the same time because i feel like i get hit harder when i dont take it now at the moment. so before i develop reliance towards the supplement, i might consider just giving up BCAA completely.

however, i have to say, training after fasting for 12-13 hours is great. you feel really light and more stamina for some reason. but being realistic here, i do feel more fatigue and cant crank as much reps in a set because i am not used to training without BCAA and fasted for too long. my DOMS stay slightly longer but i feel like i have to adapt to this, i just have to, if those military guys or warriors could do it naturally, i can as well. only time will tell.

i think out of all the supplements, fish oil would suffice, you dont really need the rest unless you get em through natural sources.

just my 2 cents. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
NGN

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 pm

K4lisperulu,

While I certainly understand your POV, I have a different perspective on the whole training with or without supplements.

I want to train smart and hard, not just hard. I also want to reach my goals as fast as possible without drugs. I trained as a warrior and while I didnt take any supplements then there was no reason I couldnt have. I was a lot younger then too.

If supplements can help me achieve my goals faster by being able to build muscle a little faster, recover faster, boost GH, increase circulation why not take advantage. All the supplements I listed have proven benefits and would be nearly impossible to get from diet alone at the dosages shown to be effective(not including the fish oil and multivit). I dont like eating fish all that much due to high levels of mercury and Fukashima radiation.

I think, once a level of fitness is achieved, some of the supplements could be tapered off without loss of performance or muscle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:32 pm

You can take them i would just ditch the creatine all together and take ZMA 30mins. before bed instead much better. And eat fish everyday just make sure to drink black/or green tea with your fish meal this way it will reduce almost 100% of the mercury. People from japan do this daily they eat sushi and drink tea a lot nothing will happen to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks Ironloo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:40 am

NGNFitness wrote:
K4lisperulu,
I want to train smart and hard, not just hard. I also want to reach my goals as fast as possible without drugs. I trained as a warrior and while I didnt take any supplements then there was no reason I couldnt have. I was a lot younger then too.

/cut/

I think, once a level of fitness is achieved, some of the supplements could be tapered off without loss of performance or muscle.

I think there's an element of being "old", too (I'm 33) - we need a bit of a boost to get the recovery and progress compared to when we were younger Wink

Personally, I was doing lots of supps too - aminos, glutamine etc. but now that I'm stronger and more confident in my abilities to not over-train and to detect potential problems early, I am tapering off my supps. I eat loads of fish and will continue to take a glucossmine, chondroitin, MSM and ginger joint support mix, plus a magnesium and zinc combo, but otherwise intend to drop the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
NGN

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:00 am

Fi wrote:

I think there's an element of being "old", too (I'm 33) - we need a bit of a boost to get the recovery and progress compared to when we were younger Wink

Personally, I was doing lots of supps too - aminos, glutamine etc. but now that I'm stronger and more confident in my abilities to not over-train and to detect potential problems early, I am tapering off my supps. I eat loads of fish and will continue to take a glucossmine, chondroitin, MSM and ginger joint support mix, plus a magnesium and zinc combo, but otherwise intend to drop the rest.

Right.Im wishing my twenties werent wasted on partyin right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:16 am

NGNFitness wrote:

Right.Im wishing my twenties werent wasted on partyin right now.

Yeah! And that I did gymnastics, dance, karate and judo as a kid Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?   

Back to top Go down

These supplements ok to take during fasted state on IF/LG?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1