Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NGN Training and Diet Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:53 am

updated yesterday.

I have decided to cycle my glutamine intake. Since I am taking so much of it I def do not want to over do and cause anything detrimental.

So the plan is for a T-Day is a 10g dose after waking, 15g pre workout, 15g post work out and another 10g later in the day.

R-day will have one 5-10g dose in the morning, If my muscles are still feeling very stressed then possibly another dose later in the day. Usually I feel a little sore in the morning after a T-day with the soreness subsiding about 2-3 hrs after waking and the muscles feeling ready for another workout. The effectiveness of glutamine is freakin awesome and with that high of a dosage on T-days I may forgo it on R-days all together except if I have an overly vigorous active recovery session.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 am

R-Day

6:00 coffee, 10g glutamine, 2g beta alanine, 3g arginine

11:30 BCAA

12:00 1/3 mile ocean swim, then some body surfing

1:15 break fast with 6 jumbo egg scramble with mushrooms, spinach, broccholi, onions and cheese...man I could barely eat it all
red grapes

7:00 grilled chicken thighs with a small serving of baby potatoes, raw carrots

Totals
1,977 kCal
84g carbs
96g fat
185g protein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:10 pm

AWESOME T-DAY !!!

6:30 wake, coffee, 2g citruline, 3g arginine, lots of water

9:00 BCAA w 15g glutamine, 2g beta alanine

9:30 Training:

I finally picked up some heavier dumbbells on CL. a pair of 35lb for $40.

Walked to the park, farmers walk with the 35lb dumbbells and 20lb dumbbell in my pack. 1/2 mile without putting them down.

1/3 mile walk around the park with no weight, catching my breath and dynamic stretching, shaking off the pain in my forearms. The farmers walks are tough on my elbows too.

20 pull up program Level 1 Day 9
pull up / chins with 90sec rest
5,6,6,5,2 - third and last set was hard but I got up there.
Im thinking it wouldve been alot easier if I didnt farmers walk those 35's for the 1/2 mile first.

1 min rest

one arm bw rows
1x8reps each arm over hand grip
60 sec
1x6reps each arm under hand grip
60 sec
1x8 reps 2 handed rows close grip

1/3 mile farmers walk with 35lb dumbbells, got about 1/6 mile before I had to put them down for a few sec, then twice for the next 1/6 mile. about 15 sec rest each time I set them down.

20 rep program applied to dips w/35lbs in pack.
I felt strong and ready to graduate the program so I tried to see if I could get 5 sets of 10 reps with 90 sec rest. my timer shut off on me before my last set so I think I started too early but this is what I got.

I definitly need to get that 60lb weight vest soon.

1/2 mile farmers walk back home with 35lb DBs and 20lb in pack. I had to set them down 4 times for about 15 sec each time.

10:40 BCAA w/15g glutamine

I trained early because I was goin to do some cardio here but didnt...

1:00 Break Fast: 4 chicken thighs, 8 oz of cut canteloupe, 20 oz of watermelon. Im stuffed! 1tbs fish oil, tumeric

4:00 10g glutamine

7:30 Dinner: 3 bbq chicken thighs, homemade japanese chicken curry with rice.

Totals
2,314 kCal
164g carbs
77g fat
238g protein

the elbows are feeling very good, just a little tender but with no pain. No pain at all in the wrists.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:44 pm

10:10 - 11:45

Today's rest day activity was a 7mile walk done in 1hr 35min. I ran part of it maybe a miles worth and also did 120 diamond push ups at random stops along the way...elevated on stairs, waiting for traffic signal lights and such. At about mile 6 I diverted to a neighborhood park and did a MU on a massive bar, looked like 6" or so. It was filthy and I got smudges on my hands and belly as I got on top of the bar. I think I might have to find some more obstacles to incorporate in this walk run...the spartan race is coming up and I think I want to nail that thing!

was very hungry and a lil dehydrated...lots of water, BCAA w 10g glutamine.

1:00 Break Fast: 24oz coconut water, 4 organic beef hot dogs, 1 can organic beef chilli, 2 hot dog buns....I dont know what I was thinking here but the chilli dog craving got me.
had a bit of pineapple

7:30 Dinner 5 egg scramble with broccholi, spinach, onions, and xspicy green chillis.

Totals
1,823 kCal
139 g carbs...a little high here but the active recovery session took care of that I think
80g fat
122g protein...a little low...I thought I was good and Im 2 hrs into the fast already so I let it be.

I'll finish off the night with 10g glutamine, 2g beta alanine, 3g arginine and 2g citrulline.

BTW the arginine and citrulline are this old guys way to boost some testosterone so you young guys dont need it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 am

havent posted in a few days

I had a T-day on Friday and missed the numbers on the pull ups on the last set, then missed again today on the 4th set. Yikes goin in reverse.

My active recovery sessions are getting a little too intense to be considered active recovery and my carb and kCal intake on those days are way too low to recoup. That is my thought anyway.

So todays session was

1/2 mile farmers walk with 35lb dumbbells

20 pull up program with 20lbs. Alternate pull ups/chins with 90 sec rest
5,6,6,5,2 was supposed to hit 6,3 for 4th and 5th sets.

did this months push ups challenge and did 4 sets of 10 diamonds with 20 sec rest + 6 reps....not a powerful day at all

1/2 mile farmer's walk home

I realized I had forgotten to take my BCAA pre work out so I took it post workout then went for a walk. Walked 5mile and ran 1mile. during the walk I hit a park and did a MU and some straight bar dips. and hit the abs with a set of 10 hanging toe to bar. That 6 miles took 1hr 30

I was spent...knew I needed to really pound some good food today.

1:00 32oz papaya, mango, and pineapple smoothie, 4 hawaiian bbq chicken thighs, peanut butter and raw honey sandwich on ezekiel bread, 16 oz of zico coconut water. 1 tbs fish oil, chocolate chip cookie. some pb filled pretzels (small handful)

7:00 1.5 cups jasmine rice, thai green curry with loads of chicken breast, green beans, carrots.

not sure how to count calories here. but I know Im close to 200g of protein, over 200g carbs and over 3000kCal.

I wonder what a real rest day will do for me...Its just so hard not do anything...walking or swimming just tends to happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:29 am

R-Day

I took it easy today and didnt even do an active recovery session. 2 workouts with missed numbers on the pull up program have made me realize that I have really been training too hard during my active recovery sessions and shouldn't really be considering a 7 mile powerwalk with sets of bar work a rest day activity. The overly active recovery sessions coupled with rest day caloric restriction plus reduced rest day glutamine intake took a toll and I think it may be depleted glycogen stores built up on T-days that I absolutely need for the next T-day.

So instead of these overly active rest day sessions I am adding some endurance workouts and will be increasing calorie intake on those days to compensate. My caloric restriction days will be more chill.
New routine with endurance workouts

12:00 had a 5 egg scramble w/ steak, chard, onions, mushrooms
5:30 had 3 scoops whey protein with water and glutamine

Calories pretty low today...I didnt have time to fix a proper dinner...I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Also did GTG pull ups with 50# did 5 sets of 2. maybe thats pushing it for a rest day ...IDK I got another rest day tomorrow and will hit it hard on Thurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pflmagic

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Loving the details and effort you are putting into your training and workout/diet log.
Im not too sure on your goals at the moment, but judging from your previous questions about fat% estimate I could assume you are looking at getting leaner.
Already you seem to have been improving in leaps and bounds and thats rad!
Just a query or pointer (cause Id hope people would do the same for me)... On your T days I see you are taking in quite a bit of fat.. Any reason for this? Ive always tried to keep my fat as low as possible on T days just due to 'apparently' (according to leangains etc) excess dietary fat is at a far greater potential to be stored as body fat, in comparison to carbs when eating a surplus in calories.
Obviously on rest days it doesn't matter at all, and personally I try to get over a 100grams on those days.. Also any reasons why you make your carbs out on 220grams on T days?
Just curious, I hope it doesn't come across as elitist or anything at all; just trying to expand my knowledge base and make sure we all try and get the most out of our sessions.
Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey, thanks for the props and the heads up on the fat intake on T-days. That is something I have overlooked or even purposefully ignored...I really didnt think it mattered all that much but looking at my progress in leanness I may have to reconsider. I can see a divot where the 3rd row of abs should be but its def not defined.

My goals are to be Arnold glory days lean with awesome strength and endurance. I want to see all my abs and lose the layer of fat on my a$$ and the sides of my lower back. strength goals are 3 sets of 10 pulls ups with 50lbs, 3 sets of 20 dips with 50lbs,10 sec front lever, 5 mu's, slow MU, 1.5 mile hill run with 50lb vest or sandbag. endurance goals sustained 8-10 mile runs, 80+ push ups in one set, 25 pull ups to chest, 50 burpees

The reason my fat intake is high and basically the same on each day is that my main sources of protein are whole eggs and chicken thighs. the chicken thighs have a good amount of fat in them but are sooo much tastier than breast and much more economical too. Im not into fish due to toxin content so that doesnt leave a lot of options for me in the protein department. Organic beef is just way too expensive.

The boost of carb intake may or may not be necessary and my thinking there was to get as much glycogen storage as possible after training. The intensity of my training sessions is increasing so my thought was the added carb intake would be able to support that...

What do you think?

Back to the fat intake...Im getting leaner, just not quite as fast as I had hoped, but I dont really see a way around it unless I go with upping the protein powder on the T-days....hmmm I'll think about that as it makes economical sense as well.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pflmagic

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 am

Ahh nice nice, great explanation man.
Well ill speak from personal preference, first of all I try to keep fat low on T days and high on R days. Low being 30-50. High being 80-130. Carbs on rest days for myself (I have bumped them up a little and am now feeling a bit better) 45-70. But then carbs on workout days could be at least 430-550.

For myself, I love having carbs this high on workout days; not only do I love eating mountains of sweet potato etc, but I feel like a recover quicker and that I have far more energy during my rest days even though I'm on a deficit. Also I have noticed absolutely no fat gain from doing so. Workout days my protein level is around 230-250grams and rest days I try for 240+.

Honestly I don't find it hard to fill my protein quota for the day, some days I have to cut back on certain days so im not over doing it. Also in saying that I rarely take protein supplements (only a small serving of casein some days when I feel like a filling serve of protein fluff Smile) For myself chicken breast is one of my main sources (which can be prepared very leanly) also beef and kangaroo. While on rest days I do eat a bit of fish and eggs. Sure we are from different parts of the world, but i've spent a fair bit of time sourcing where to get good quality meats from at a fair price.

Relating it all back to you though, I see you do a lot of cardio and walking etc... Rest days AND training days. Which; while in your fasted period would be great for weight-loss. In saying that I think it could be worth while to trial for a week or so upped carbs and fats. Like any change in diet, make sure to give it a few days so your body gets used to it. Also have you thought about stepping at protein a little? Especially on rest days when you're eating at a deficit and still working out hard... it could be worth a trail.
But at the end of the day you gotta see what works for you, im constantly tweaking little things here or there to see how I can get the most out of my hardwork.

Also dude, in terms of your goals; I reckon if you keep at the rate you are going you'll be there in no time. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Nice post pflmagic! A lot of great info and insight in your approach.

I can see myself upping carbs and dropping fat on T-days for sure, but adding another 50g of protein is gonna be tough. I just dont know if I can eat that much, but since Im gonna have to use protein powder as a main protein source on T-days to cut the fat what's another couple of scoops...eh?
I dont know if added protein intake is necessary though. I have a theory that if enough glutamine is ingested on a T-day it will lower over all protein reqs. glutamine is used right away after a muscle is damaged from working out. If glutamine is taken from a natural protein source in your diet it renders the rest of that protein ineffective and incomplete. So yes if you are not supplementing with glutamine then 230g would be necessary. I on the other hand am taking in 40-50g of glutamine on T-days and the muscles are repairing and building much faster than when I was a teen and thats on 150-180g of protein per day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 pm

yesterdays R-Day

wake up 5:30 10g glutamine, coffee

just for kicks I did 4 pull ups with the 50lb sandbag in my pack.

12:30 4 fried eggs, grilled egg ham and cheese sandwich, 16 oz of fresh carrot and red pepper juice

7:30 dinner: double cheese burger with bacon, onion, tomato on romaine lettuce bun. salad, small slice of boston cream pie cake for my bday.

Totals
2,096 kCal
98g carbs
108g fat
160g protein

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 pm

T-Day

6:30 wake up, coffee, 3g arginine, 10g glutamine, 1g calcium.

9:30 BCAA Extend w/ 15g glutamine

Training:
1/2 mile 50lb sandbag carry with 20lb sandbag in back pack.

20 pull up program w/ 20lbs, level 1 day 10 (3rd attempt)
Alternate pull ups/ chins w/ 90 sec rest
5,6,6,6,4 Nailed it and added a rep on the last set. Stoked

One arm rows with 20lb got 8 on leftside and 6 on the right.
One arm rows bw 8L,8R - 60sec rest 7L,7R
rows super set pull up grip 12, chin grip 5, v grip 4

1/3 mile 50lb sandbag carry

20 rep dip progression with 50lbs.
level 2 day 1
7,8,7,8,10 too easy and will skip ahead a few days....my chest responds extremely well to dips and seems to overcompensate strength wise during recovery...wish I had that problem with the back.

1/3 mile fast walk

Front levers 3 reps, hanging toes to bar 8 reps
90 sec
Hanging toes to bar 10 reps
90 sec
tuck front lever 6 reps to
tuck back lever 10 sec
back to tuck frnt lever for 5sec
90sec
upside down crunches 8reps
tried some hanging side crunches but really couldnt move any more at that point.

1/2 mile 50lb sandbag carry with 20lb in pack

BCAA extend with 10g glutamine

5.5 mile powerwalk with push up intervals
1.5 mile run

I was wasted! but it felt great.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 pm

The diet has been a little harder to track the last couple of days but I am pretty sure Im hitting the carb and protein targets and have def reduced fat intake by replacing my normal chicken thigh intake with protein powder on T-days. I will resume stuffing the chicken thighs on r-days

T-Day
9:30 BCAA extend with 10g glutamine
Did the Cowles Mnt trail which is a 3 mile round trip with an elevation change of 950 ft or 290m. Not exactly a massive climb but running it still kicked my a$$.

Started off with 15 burpees > 20 elevated diamonds > 10 pull ups
Ran to top ( had to walk a few times)
At top did 10 burpees -> 15 diamonds
Ran down (down hill was much easier)
At bottom 10 burpees-> 15 elevated push ups -> 5 tree branch pull ups -> Front lever 1 -> hanging L-sit 15 sec -> tuck front lever 5 reps -> tuck back lever 5 sec.
All done with no rest breaks
dusty and sweating like a pig.....need water!!!

My short term goal (within a couple of weeks) is to be able to do the up hill climb with out walking. Longer term goal is to be able to do 2 rounds of this and then 3. I'll start working in the sandbag/dumbbells or vest once I can do 2 rounds.

Im pretty confident I will do much better next week cuz I got new shoes...nah JK. its just my legs felt like they were running on empty and not recovered from yesterdays walk/run.

12:00 break fast: banana, 12 oz chocolate zico, 24oz of papaya mango smoothie, 54g whey protein. 15g glutamine, 1tbsp fish oil, 2g beta alanine

1:30 very large carne asada california burrito from Ranas. If you are ever in spring valley this is a must go to place!

dinner will be a pile of grilled chicken breast thai satay. a little rice and more protein powder. and veggies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:21 pm

had a nice R-day took a little walk and hit core for a couple of sets but didnt push hard. I'll do that tomorrow

Totals
2,402 kCal
52g carbs
127g fat
242g protein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Havent posted to the log in while but have been keeping up with the training and diet

Mon 9/24 T-day
With the higher than norm rest day macros I thought I would ready to hit it hard, but instead felt lethargic and weak. My muscles felt fully recovered but seemed to be firing on 50% power.

1/3 mile 50# sandbag carry felt it in my arms. getting discouraged
1/3 mile walk while doing dynamic stretching
1 set warm up pull ups
20 pull up program level 1 day 11
Alternate pull up/chins w/90sec rest
5,6,7,6,2 failed last set as I was supposed to hit 3. I was pumped up but just couldnt get up on that last rep...pissed

One arm rows 3/4 on left and right side....no power just feeling weak.

1/3 mile sandbag carry

dips w/ 50# 90 sec rest

Called it quits and did the 1/3mile sandbag carry home to carb up.

30oz of papaya, mango, blueberry smoothie w/15g glutamine
54g whey protein
dont remember the rest of what I ate but I def hit macros targets.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Tues 9/25 T-day

Hill run day

At bottom of hill
1x10 pull ups
30sec
1x3 front lever reps
1x8 hanging leg raises
30 sec
1x10 burpees
30 sec
1x15 elevated diamonds
30 sec
1.5 mile run up hill. (had to walk a few times but better than friday)
30 sec
1x10 burpees
1x10 diamonds
30 sec
1.5 mile run down hill
30 sec
1x8 pull ups
30 sec
1x30 sec hanging L-sit
30 sec
1x10 burpees
30 sec
1x15 elevated diamonds
1x8 elevated clap pushups
60 sec
1x5 dragonflags
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Wed 9/26 R-day

no active recovery sesson...went to the shooting range....fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Thursday 9/27 T-day

Woke up this morning still feeling a bit sore and not ready for a workout. Feeling tired. Coffee did nothing. I was a bit bummed as I feel slight pressure to get ready for the spartan race. I gave myself a VitB shot and it didnt seem to help the weak feeling...damn! I was contemplating skipping today's training and even messaged Fi regarding it on fb.

8:00 I take a superhot shower for 20 min to try and loosen things up and get some blood flowing. I havent been very consistent with taking my multi vits so I pop 3 vs the normal 2. Also take 2 tabs of folate/b12

9:00 2 mile walk and start to feel better, drinkin lots of water, 2g calcium, 2g beta alanine. 1g vitC

10:45 2 scoops Xtend BCAA w/15g glutamine

11:00 Training
warm up and 1/3 mile farmers walk with 35#dbs and 20# in pack

1/3 mile walk doing dynamic stretching
1x6 chins
1x5 pull ups
20 pull up program level 1 day 11 with 20#
5,6,7,6,4 nailed it and did an extra rep....I think this mornings prep worked and I may need to add B vitamins to the stack

One arm rows
1 x 7,7
1x 6,6
Rows
2x15

Dips w/ 70# 90 sec rest
Dips w/ 20#

tried russian dips but my forearms were too sweaty and slipped off the bar.
did one set of planche dip progression leaning as far forward and kicking my legs out as straight as I could. Im guessing I was at about a 45 deg angle 1x5

Front lever 1x3
hanging leg raise 1x7
90 sec
hanging leg raise 1x8
90 sec
tuck front lever knee raises 1x7 90 sec 1x6

one arm chin negatives 1x3 each side. I was actually attempting a hold but couldnt do it so I did the negatives. fresh I did 10sec each arm the other day.

1/3 mile farmers walk w/ 35# dbs and 20# in pack

Xtend BCAA w/ 15g glutamine

2 mile walk

1:00 Break fast: Large bowl of japanese curry with beef, carrots, potatoes, and onion. rice, 1 apple, 1 tblsp fish oil
54g whey protein w/ 5g luecine, 5g glutamine

3:30 peanut butter and raw honey sandwich on ezekiel bread

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Progress Report

July 8, 2012

September 21, 2012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Ive gotten pretty consistent on Calorie and macros targets so Im going to chill out a bit on logging in the food diary. Note no processed foods are being eaten and Im all organic.

My supplement stack is consistent as well and I will continue with that as the results I am getting are far surpassing the expectations I had when I started. I have had some energy or lack of energy issues when I have felt recovered and have solved that by being consistent with taking my multi-vitamins and adding NOW B-100 caps taken in the am's.

Friday's workout

Hardcore workout today.
It is amazing how fast the human body adapts to stresses. This was the 3rd time I have run Cowles Mnt. The first time I got about 1/8 mile before I had to walk a bit before resuming the run, second time I went a 1/4 mile, today I went nearly to the 3/4 mile marker! 4 or 5 more times and I think I will be able to make the uphill run without walking. I made it up and down in
34min which is still super slow but 4 min faster than Fridays run. After the run I walked back up and down with 20# in my pack and carried a pair of 20# dumbbells. I didnt think I was going to make it and wanted to turn back between 1/2 and 1 mile markers. once I hit the 1 mile marker I figured I was past the point of no return so I pushed through. about a 2hr workout. next time bring more water.

At tops and bottoms did burpees and pushups. also some one arm chin negatives on a tree branch at the bottom of the hill.

Sat.
moderately low carbs, High protein. about 75g carbs and 200g protein
did some one arm chin static holds for 15sec

Sun
Low Carbs <50g
High protein >200g
no active recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:10 pm

T-Day

The addition of extra b complex has really helped the consistency and power.

Today I had to do an abbreviated workout from home since my daughter is home with a cold and not in school

6:30 wake up coffee, water w/ multi vit and b-100

11:15 extend BCAA w 15g glutamine

11:30 Training:
warm up dynamic stretching
2x5 pull ups
2x5 chins

20 pull up program w 20lbs day 13
Alternate pull up/chins 90sec rest
5,7,7,7,4 i freakin smoked that the numbers I was supposed to hit were 5,7,6,6,3

My dip station is wobbly so I skipped dips today and also will hit core at another time

Diamond pushups w/20sec rest
10,10,10,10,9,8,6,5,4,4,4,4,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,1 damn that was fun!

20 min workout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimsiff

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Man, you've been making some solid progress! You've got some good definition in your updated pics. I've been moving in the opposite direction the past couple months. I've been battling some elbow tendonitis, lower workout volumes and other competing family priorities (school, etc). You're inspiring me to forget the excuses and get back to business. I can't lose my abs this winter, lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks brother, I'm a man on a mission.

I've had a couple of hiccups here and there but keeping track of the diet and supplements has made it easy to find the issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 pm

T-day

today's run killed me and my performance was not as good as Friday's run. It was about 100 deg out, I was in a hurry to start and wasn't sufficiently warmed up and the BCAA drink I slammed 3 min before the run sat in my stomach like a lead weight. I was 5 min slower and over heated when I got to the finish. I had planned on carrying the weights up the hill too but didnt have time or the desire at that point.

I will carb up, rehydrate, rest and try it again in the morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Wed 10/3/12

R-day but....posted this on fb yesterday.
I was a little scared and apprehensive as I pulled up to park at Cowles Mnt trail this morning. Yesterdays run that I was too embarrassed to post was in my head. I had run shorter than the previous run and was beaten by that trail. This morning I didnt want that to happen. So I showed up again warmed up and ran and didnt stop til I hit the top. Yeah I was slow...but my legs kept pumping. I was very surprised as I past the 1mile marker that I hadnt walked yet and then my legs felt better, got that second wind, and the next 1/4 mile felt easy and then I was at the top. Elated I raced back down.
Now I will work on speed, then add another lap, then another.
I think I will hit it again tomorrow before my bar workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   

Back to top Go down

NGN Training and Diet Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next