Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NGN Training and Diet Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:02 am

Ahh man I've had mad cravings for pulled pork lately. Grouse! Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:31 am

pflmagic wrote:
Ahh man I've had mad cravings for pulled pork lately. Grouse! Haha
ya man 12 hrs in the slow cooker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fi

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:32 am

Get some rings and add in some ring dips? I used mine for the first time last night (I got the Pellor Gymnastics Rings from Amazon) and they are really intense (I did a max set of regular dips, got 21, then struggled to do a set of 5 on the rings).

Also, are you cycling your creatine? Some stuff on cycling supps here. You are taking quite a lot so might be worth thinking about. (Actually, since I'm supp-free I would just say it's worth cutting down... Wink )

View user profile http://www.bar-barella.com
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah Fi! I definitely want to get strong on the rings.

Did the San Diego Mudrun today. I was pleased. Got 10th place overall and 1st place in my age class by a wide margin. I still feel I can get much faster....back to training on Monday.

Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinze

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 am

Great work on the mudrun NGN! It shows all ya training is working!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Prinze wrote:
Great work on the mudrun NGN! It shows all ya training is working!

Thanks Prinze! Its a good marker for what I need to do to continue improving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Well Monday came around and I still felt depleted from the race. I neglected to bring enough food to replenish after the race. I didnt expect to be that drained after and the 2 pb sandwiches were not suficient enough to replenish. I had to stick around too and didnt want to eat the junk that was available from the vendors. My kids did the 1k mudder and had a blast.

Mondays workout was a bit lighter as I still felt weak.
1 set per 5 min. I find it easier to just jump on the bar per# of minutes vs countin the rest time.

Pull ups - 18,21,18,16

Dips (10 reps, hold 30 sec at bottom...)
10, hold, 10, hold, 10, hold, 3
10, hold, 10, hold, 8
10, hold, 10, hold, 4
10, hold, 9

Tues - gym workout
Dead Lift
225 x 12,12,8,4

Wed
Pull ups +45lbs - 8,6,6,4
Pull ups BW - 12

Dips +45lbs / chin up superset (done per 5min with about 30sec between dips and chins)
13 dips, 10 chins
12 dips, 8 chins
11 dips, 8 chins
8 dips, 8 chins

1 1/4 rep BW dips going as far down as possible on the full rep. Slow and controlled
8, 8

No energy or strength left for core work. Gonna up carb and protein intake and also cylce in some easy days. Gotta get into the habit of not going balls to the wall every session. Every single set was to failure....hahaha the entire week. jeesh take it easy man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:38 am

Well the depleted feeling has been lingering and I have been facing burnout. All the crap I have been talking about pushing hard and relying on nutrition to carry thru and now I have to face this...and it has gotten me down and starting to focus on the negative and when I do that things slip. My laser focus on diet and supplements has slipped a little. I took a break from IF this weekend. My energy has been down and also appetite down also. I have started to fear the dreaded overtraining.

Friday I ran the hill and right out of the gates my calves were burning and when I reached the top I was thru.... usually I can turn and run straight back down or do 30 burpees then run down. I was so winded and exhausted I had to walk most of the way back down. feeling like crap I skipped my park workout.

Sat - I took it easy but wanted to try a recovery run. I ran to the park and ran 1/3 mile laps and did some light interval training every lap

1/3 mile run
10 pull ups
1/3 mile run
10 pull ups
1/3 mile run
10 pull ups
1/3 mile run
10 leg raises
1/3 mile run
10 leg raises
1/3 mile run
10 leg raises

time 22:00

Sun - in the afternoon just to see I tried to run a fast mile...wasnt so fast at 7:00. Legs just not feelin up to par.

Mon - 100 yard Hill sprints
3 x 100 with 2 min rest. The hill is about 15 percent grade and I ran consistent at 16-17 sec. Really trying to push through.
5 min rest
Pull ups
17, 14 Not feelin good here at all. maybe burned to much energy on the sprints.

Tried to carb up and replenish but lack of appetite has me worried.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bevinator

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am

Maybe a deload week is needed man. I wish someone gave me that advice.. You don't want to risk injury; it sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:10 am

Pushing Thru this overtraining phase. Im not backing down. Back on LG for now but I think I will do some fasted and some not fasted training and see how it goes.

Slept in this morning after staying up watchin TV too late as that is what I do if I am in a negative space.

7:30 wake up...coffee and vitamins
11:00 banana and Xtend BCAA
11:15 Training

Pull ups with 2 min rest
not feeling strong on pull ups and think maybe have been doin these too often

Dips with 3 min rest
Right on! I surprised myself hitting a personal best with 45 reps in a row. I was planning on stopping at 40 but what the hell. I will do 3 sets of 40 on Thursday before the big dinner.

Diamond Push ups alternated with Full Leg Raise

DPU 12, 16, 16
FLR 10, 10, 8

BodyRows 20,15 (I will have to shoot a vid of these as you guys proly dont know what Im am really doing here)

Overall not a bad workout. Still not 100 percent but I think I have turned the corner.

12:30 60g whey protein
12:30 carb up with a big plate of golden potatoes and sweet potatoes.
1:00 4 eggs and more potatoes

2:00 had a nice convo with Ironloo and got pumped up a bit.

2:30 - 1000 rep BW squat routine a la ironloo, 1 min rest
1 x 50
35 x 25
1 x 75
Man that was brutal! took me about 54 min and about a gallon of sweat.

3:30 60g whey protein, 3 bananas, 1 persimon, 1 pear.

6:30 4 chicken thighs, pineapple, 1 cup rice.

9:00 60g protein

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:17 am

pflmagic wrote:
Maybe a deload week is needed man. I wish someone gave me that advice.. You don't want to risk injury; it sucks.

yeah man...I took it easy last week. Its been long enough. I will adjust the training but I cant slow down just yet. This will be a slow week anyway. Maybe I will alternate upper body and lower body workouts 2x one week and 3x the next week.

Today I was able to fully replenish glycogen stores...I could tell. Muscles all swelled up and I am over 180 right now as compared to 176 heaviest all last week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 am

Had a great day today, legs sore from 1000 rep squat routine but overall feeling of strength and energy has returned. Weird thing is that I only got about 5 hrs of sleep and that was broken up. Slept 3 hrs then was awake for an hour, slept 1 hour, then woke again, then finally got another hour. Funny thing is that each time I woke I felt very refreshed and had to really try and go back to sleep. Odd, it seems like the harder I train and the fitter I get the less sleep I get.

I waited 24hrs and did the 1000 rep squat routine again. 1 min rest between sets
36 x 25
1 x 100

WOW! now that was some pain. First rep of each set was the hardest because of the stiff soreness from yesterday. It took a bit longer than yesterday because each set was a bit slower and it was painful from about 450 on instead of 750 on yesterday. I am walking like an old man and am having a hard time getting up from a seated pos...comical. I had to ask the wife to feed the cats because I didnt want to bend my knees to get down there.

maybe I will sleep better tonight. Tomorrow I expect to hit 25 reps on pull ups and 3 sets of 40 dips. Then I can have some pie.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 am

Well I hope everyone that celebrated had a great Thanksgiving.

I certainly did and I had a great pre dinner workout to go with it.

I didnt get the exact results I was looking for but I'll take it.

5 min rest typical

Pull ups
23, 16, 13
was looking to hit 25 reps on the first set but could tell I wasnt quite fully recovered yet. another day and I woulda hit it.

Dips
was hoping for 40,40,40 but that was a bit ambitious. Im happy with what I got.

Full leg raises 2 min rest

BW rows 3min rest
25, 20

I have fully recovered from the depleted state I was in since the race. At least I know what not to do after a race to recover, LOL. and my training can now resume at the pace I want.
After the 2 days of 1000 squats I was walking very funny but the DOMS is subsiding.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinze

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:06 am

Some big numbers there, especially ya squat routine! Keep up the hard work dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:21 am

Prinze wrote:
Some big numbers there, especially ya squat routine! Keep up the hard work dude.

Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:41 am

Well Monday came around and after 4 days off I felt I shoulda been ready to smash it. That didnt happen and I felt discouraged.

Pull ups
21, 15

Dips
40, 30

I was strugglin on both pull ups and dips and left it alone and went home. I have been maxing out way too often and need something to bust outa this nightmare.

Tuesday
after Mondays poor performance I wasnt about to try it again. afraid to drive the nail deeper into the overtraining coffin I decide to go to San Diego Running Institute to try on some inov-8s. I tried on a pair of th f-lite230's and some Merrills. Picked the inov-8s and went home.

Wed morning and my calves are sore from running 2 blocks while I was trying out the shoes. WTF???!!!
I dont know what is going on but go out for a run. Went for 5mi. First 2miles felt like crap but the last 3 felt great.

Thurs.
I wasnt super thrilled with my inov-8 purchase color so yesterday I ran in my addidas trail shoes.
I went out for another run but put on the inov-8s. Who cares what color they are right? I was planning on running 3miles to the mountain and running back but when I got there I decided to run up the mountain too. the run totalled 9 miles including the mountain. Damn the last mile I was only thinking of ice cream with peanut butter on top. total time was 1:25. I kept a 7:30 pace on the street. Not bad and I was only hurting the last mile or so.

Friday.
Today I want to be like Herschel Walker. I think I will need to work up to that level.
I did
200 pull ups
300 dips
300 hanging knee raises
500 squats
500 lunges

It went like this
30-60 sec between each

10 pull ups
50 squats/lunges
20 knee raises
20 dips

so one round I would do squats and the next round lunges. Repeated till I hit the numbers. I did take a couple of longer breaks, 3min, between rounds at about 1/2 way thru and 3/4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Yesterday I woke up hungry...so I had some breakfast. My legs feeling pretty sore when I woke but the aches went away as soon as I started moving around. Im feeling very good actually and want to go for another long run but I got the kids today.

7:00 2g beta alanine, 20g glutamine, 1 tsp royal jelly

8:00 3 eggs scrambled with a red pepper, onions, and spinach. 2 ezekiel bread toast with butter and raw honey. I sprinked chia seed on the eggs and topped with salsa.

12:30 PB and raw honey sandwich on ezekiel bread. 2 slices of homemade pizza, pizza has been hard to resist the past couple of weeks.

3:00 Im trying to find a good way to get chia seed into my kids diet so I make some chia sead and PB oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I made one batch with coconut butter instead of real butter. Denied! they did not pass muster so I gave it another go with real butter and they passed the taste test and are actually pretty healthy. Recipe

here I used raw agave nectar instead of the sugar. I ate a few. Rolling Eyes

5:00 I start another HW style workoutwith pushups and sit ups. I took up to 30 sec between PU and SU and took 60 sec rest between rounds. Towards the end of the workout I took a few longer breaks because I was preparing dinner.

1 x 40 PU, 40 SU
2 x 30 PU, 40 SU
4 x 25 PU, 25 SU
15 x 20PU, 20 SU

Total
400 PU
400 SU

7:00 Dinner - 1.5lb mussels, about 1 lb prawn, red peppers, brown rice and quinoa. 2 glasses of wine.
I was gonna try and hit 500 reps after dinner but the wine slowed me down.

8:00 10g glutamine, 2g beta alanine

11:00 blast my willingness to cheat on diet plan....3 pieces of left over pizza and 2 chia cookies. I tell myself that I need the carbs anyway. Laughing

wow the pushups really blasted the pecs. feeling it. I have gained some respect for these basics. Sit ups are a pain in the a$$, literally, as I am getting some chafing. Damn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIBhenchman

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 pm

At a 7:30 pace?!?! That's an impressive pace to start for a 9 mile run. Do you follow any specific regimen pertaining to running?

NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:03 pm

LIBhenchman wrote:
At a 7:30 pace?!?! That's an impressive pace to start for a 9 mile run. Do you follow any specific regimen pertaining to running?

Thanks man. No I dont have a specific regimen for running. Actually those 2 runs of 5 and 9 last week were my only runs over 3 miles since my army days. My running regimen was running Cowles Mnt trail, a 950' ascent over a single track trail, 1.5 out and 1.5 mi back. I thought that would make me faster. I have been running for about 2 months now so Im still a novice. I will be finding some more trails soon. And getting a harness so I can drag a tire. I also need to work on form as my stride is too long. I think the tire drag will help that. I plan on dragging the tire to the mountain and running the fire road up the back side which is a 2.5mi up 1050'. That will be a 11 mile run with a tire....haha that will be sick.
Next year, after the spartan race, I want to run some 1/2 marathons and a full marathon, sub 3hr, by the end of the year. Yet still be a muscled up beast.
I just read Born to Run, an amazing book, and it has opened my eyes to new possibilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

7:00 2g beta alanine, macca root powder, tumeric, ginger extract(homemade).

9:30 2 tbsp chia gel, 10g BCAA

9:45 Training - Supersets

Pull ups 6 x 12, 4 x 10 112 reps
Dips 3 x 25, 7 x 20 215 reps
Knee raises 3 x 30, 7 x 25 265 reps
Squats - 10 x 50 500 reps

Doing supersets with 2 min rest between. After about 5 supersets I started getting light headed and I needed longer than 2 min to recover from the oxygen debt. I then started resting between exercises just long enough to catch my breath and that helped out a lot and I was able to continue with the 2 min rests.
I wanted to go for a run so I cut it short at 10 rounds.

11:25 28g whey protein isolate unflavored with 2 tbsp maple syrup., 2tbsp chia gel, 2 oatmeal, pb, chia, chocolate cookies (sweetened with agave)

12:30 Trail run. I went to Cowles Mnt and hit the hill. For the first mile I was wondering why I was even doing this to myself after those squats, but I found a groove with a nice light and short stride and made it up just fine. I wasnt tryin for speed, I was working on form and just going fast enough to be under my anaerobic threshold. That means I was still breathing comfortably. My legs still hurtin though.
Once I made it to the top I kept going and took the Pyles Peak trail for another mile. I wasnt to Pyles Peak yet but I knew I had to turn around if I was going to be able to make it back in time to pick up the kids from school. The trail to Pyles Peak has a 600' descent and 550' ascent to the Peak. It is quite beautiful and I had the trail almost all to myself. I saw 2 people. Much different than the front side where I run past maybe 50, thats OK though because some of it is pretty good eye candy. The trail is a perfect addition to the Cowles summit trail with more ups and downs. I will take it all the way to the Peak tomorrow.
The run was a total of 5 miles with about 2,000' of climbs. going to the peak will make it 6 miles.

I made it to school in time to get the kids and I headed home to eat and shower. Man I was starving!

2:30 1/4 cup chia pudding, very large pile of pulled pork, and 6 of those chia PB cookies, pineapple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elite-Bars

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 am

NGN wrote:

Friday.
Today I want to be like Herschel Walker. I think I will need to work up to that level.
I did
200 pull ups
300 dips
300 hanging knee raises
500 squats
500 lunges

It went like this
30-60 sec between each

10 pull ups
50 squats/lunges
20 knee raises
20 dips

Nice

NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Did an early workout today.

10 rounds of:

40 push ups
40 situps
15 chin ups

didnt really focus on rest times, caught my breath between exercises. even took some breaks to make kids breakfast and lunch.

now time to go for my 6 mile trail run. 2000' of climbing! muhahahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ.

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

How many grams of ginger do you eat per day?
How do you usually eat it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amadeuandrade
NGN

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 pm

AJ. wrote:
How many grams of ginger do you eat per day?
How do you usually eat it?

I make an extract by finely chopping up about 3/4lb of root and boiling it in water for a couple of hours in a couple of quarts of water. I drink about a 1/2 -1 cup of that per day. or sometimes I take 10g of ginger powder mixed with hot water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
giallocalisthenics

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

NGN wrote:
5:00 I start another HW style workoutwith pushups and sit ups. I took up to 30 sec between PU and SU and took 60 sec rest between rounds. Towards the end of the workout I took a few longer breaks because I was preparing dinner.

1 x 40 PU, 40 SU
2 x 30 PU, 40 SU
4 x 25 PU, 25 SU
15 x 20PU, 20 SU

Total
400 PU
400 SU

Today i tried your routine until the 10th set of each exercise because before i did the pushups christmas tree and i can say that situps definitely killed me. The breathing instead has been easier than i thought. Good workout mate in the next days i'll try the complete routine. Thanks for sharing it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/giallocalisthenics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NGN Training and Diet Log   

Back to top Go down

NGN Training and Diet Log
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next